Temple

2seamfastball

May i ask how?

Maybe I am assuming too much to say that every team respects them right now but I am confident that after every team plays them this year they will have their respect.

I remember Silverdale before John Allen and it is a distinctly different team. From what I remember from our regional schedule last year, Silverdale was the only team that even played us close. They barely lost to LV and a few other teams last year. Even though we won against them I could not help respecting them just because they showed a lot of discipline and kept doing the right things over and over again and had good leadership on the field. If you played them last year, surely you have some level of respect for them. I know a lot of people have said that you earn respect when you have been successful for a long time and I understand that but there is no good reason to show a team respect who has been successful for a short while.

Watch and see if you don't find yourselves feeling respectful of SD around late November. Hey, this is a Temple fan posting this.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure many Temple fans knew who was which

I watched the game from a pretty good distance but from what I could tell, the new kid from SC was definitely a bright spot. Nothing much positive stood out for Temple over all. It looked like a ton of missed assignments, misunderstandings, miscommunications, and a lot of sacks on the quarterback. The line has a ton of potential but their biggest kid stood on the sidelines almost the whole scrimmage. They changed out QB's towards the end and let the big kid in and Silverdale changed out a few kids and things looked a little better, but not enought better. Good luck to you Silverdale guys as you tromp (stomp, crush, destroy) your way to the playoffs this year!

I was not at the game but i did hear from more than one source that Temple didnt do so well... I was also told that they looked very disorginized.....

Maybe I am assuming too much to say that every team respects them right now but I am confident that after every team plays them this year they will have their respect.

I remember Silverdale before John Allen and it is a distinctly different team. From what I remember from our regional schedule last year, Silverdale was the only team that even played us close. They barely lost to LV and a few other teams last year. Even though we won against them I could not help respecting them just because they showed a lot of discipline and kept doing the right things over and over again and had good leadership on the field. If you played them last year, surely you have some level of respect for them. I know a lot of people have said that you earn respect when you have been successful for a long time and I understand that but there is no good reason to show a team respect who has been successful for a short while.

Watch and see if you don't find yourselves feeling respectful of SD around late November. Hey, this is a Temple fan posting this.

Well put Pature. And yes, last Silverdale was the only team to lose to temple by just a touchdown. Temple beat everybody else by at least 3. After the Grace game last year, Silverdale got a wake up call and started playin their best football. If preseason activties are any indicator at all, then Silverdale will surprise some people, and as you put it, "earn some respect". But I've been wrong before....

Out of their first 7 games only Grace and possibly Seq Co should even give them any real competition. Let's see what they do on 10/19 and 10/26 first

BTW- Looks like the SD - SP game will be at Finley.

I hope that is true. The last time SP played on the road against Silverdale it was a hard game to watch. I'm not trying to knock on the facilities where we were, they weren't that bad for a rec area. But it was hard to watch the game from there. At least for me it was.

Out of their first 7 games only Grace and possibly Seq Co should even give them any real competition. Let's see what they do on 10/19 and 10/26 first

I was told that the scrimmage with Marion County and Central that Silverdales line did not play well and that they could not move the ball. I know that Siverdale didn't score in that scrimmage. I believe that they lost some lineman from last year and that they are young at that position this year. What about it nickabrick

I hope that is true. The last time SP played on the road against Silverdale it was a hard game to watch. I'm not trying to knock on the facilities where we were, they weren't that bad for a rec area. But it was hard to watch the game from there. At least for me it was.

As long as they don't try to stick the SP fans on the same side as the SD fans like they did for the Temple game. There may be a riot if they try that again

As long as they don't try to stick the SP fans on the same side as the SD fans like they did for the Temple game. There may be a riot if they try that again

I won't be surprised if they do. I think that was a Finley Stadium rule. Probably has to do with the cost of opening up the other side of the stands. I hope that it doesn't happen but I won't be surprised to see it.