Temple

2seamfastball

I won't be surprised if they do. I think that was a Finley Stadium rule. Probably has to do with the cost of opening up the other side of the stands. I hope that it doesn't happen but I won't be surprised to see it.

I have been to several Boyd games that were played at Finley and both sides were open every time. We may have to light up the phones to Finley with complaints if that is their plan. Finley is charging SD $3000 to use the stadium

Zone, that was part of our winning strategy...

It worked

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to several Boyd games that were played at Finley and both sides were open every time. We may have to light up the phones to Finley with complaints if that is their plan. Finley is charging SD $3000 to use the stadium

It worked

Ya I did think that was weird last year that both teams fans were on the same side.

Both Boyd Buchanan games I actually went to at Finley had both sides open.

The Gordon Lee, GA game 2 years ago and Cloudland in 2002. Start complaining early Zone!

I have been to several Boyd games that were played at Finley and both sides were open every time.

Ah, I stand corrected then. Recently, aside from the SP/Temple game the only game I had seen at Finley was Whitwell/Temple and both sets of fans were on one side for that game as well. I do remember seeing Boyd/Cloudland a few years ago and I do remember both sides being open for that now that you mention it. In that case start complaining now.

Ah, I stand corrected then. Recently, aside from the SP/Temple game the only game I had seen at Finley was Whitwell/Temple and both sets of fans were on one side for that game as well. I do remember seeing Boyd/Cloudland a few years ago and I do remember both sides being open for that now that you mention it. In that case start complaining now.

Maybe they base it on the expected size of the crowd or maybe it costs more. Who knows? In any case I plan to make some noise. I absolutely hate it. I may have bend Mr Burke's and Mr Patton's ears on this one

I was told that the scrimmage with Marion County and Central that Silverdales line did not play well and that they could not move the ball. I know that Siverdale didn't score in that scrimmage. I believe that they lost some lineman from last year and that they are young at that position this year. What about it nickabrick

The line will be somewhat of a question mark this year after losing 3 starters and the tight end from last year, but there is some young talent that have a bright future. Look for them to improve as the year goes on. At that scrimmage, the line did struggle at first trying to adjust to the bigger D-lines they had to go up against, but as the night went on they settled in a bit. There is always goin to be a size factor when your playin against a class 3 and 4A school. It's true silverdale did not score in that scrimmage, but Central and marion only scored one a piece, not bad for a single A D.

It could be that it costs less to operate the stadium with just one side open. Only one set of concessions and less people and time it will take to clean up the stands, concourses and bathrooms. Just a thought. Besides, Finley's home side is plenty big enough to hold fans from Silverdale and whomever they play with plenty of room between them. Just block off a section in the middle.

It could be that it costs less to operate the stadium with just one side open. Only one set of concessions and less people and time it will take to clean up the stands, concourses and bathrooms. Just a thought. Besides, Finley's home side is plenty big enough to hold fans from Silverdale and whomever they play with plenty of room between them. Just block off a section in the middle.

Been there and done that.....it blows big time. If you haven't done it that way as a visitor it sounds OK but it isn't. The team is completely isolated on the visotor side away from the fans and the fans in the seats end up overlapping in the middle section. In a close game it is an advantage for the home team that doesn't happen anywhere else. If the stadium is getting $3000 they can spend a couple hundred more to open the visitors side. If the cheapskates can't open both sides like at a normal game then the game should be played somewhere else. In a hotly contested game putting rival fans side by side could turn in to a big problem and could turn into a liability issue for the stadium and even Silverdale.

Been there and done that.....it blows big time. If you haven't done it that way as a visitor it sounds OK but it isn't. The team is completely isolated on the visotor side away from the fans and the fans in the seats end up overlapping in the middle section. In a close game it is an advantage for the home team that doesn't happen anywhere else. If the stadium is getting $3000 they can spend a couple hundred more to open the visitors side. If the cheapskates can't open both sides like at a normal game then the game should be played somewhere else. In a hotly contested game putting rival fans side by side could turn in to a big problem and could turn into a liability issue for the stadium and even Silverdale.

I know that we discussed this on here last year after the Temple/SP game but I have to admit again that if I was a visitor, I would want to be behind my team in the stands. It is part of the game atmosphere. It was always a home game at Finley for us so until you mentioned it last year, I never thought about it. The situation last year may have been more about who was hosting the game and how willing the home team was to shell out the extra cash. I am sure the stadium was happy to open the other side for the right price. The only problem with playing at Finley is that the home team gets absolutely nothing from parking or the concessions, only the gate. Unless your fan base is that of a 2A school or larger, you come close to going in the hole playing at Finley.