Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you the POST MASTER? it dont matter what he puts up its opinion, let him alone. i m sure we all put some stuff up that others consider stupid, and imagine this EVEN ME.

You are correct he has his opinion and can post it. I also have my opinion (that it was a pretty stupid post) and I can post it also. If you want to post stupid stuff be my guest BTW what's with all the spinning flower faces ?????

So they fire Chastain on "rummors" and "nothing concrete"? Wow.

I'm not trying to speak for Zonie cause he does a good job all by himself, but Temple could have avoided a lot of this if they had just notified TSSAA immediately that THEY suspected something and were conducting an internal investigation. It's called "self-report". By not coming forward immediately and then removing the head coach, they bring a ton of suspicion upon themselves.

Read the article for yourself:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/t...93&zoneid=6

"We were never able to nail down a concrete violation, but there was a lot of dishonesty from what Coach Chastain had told us," Marcum said. "I hated to do it, but that was the reason we had to fire him."

I do not personally know what converstions have taken place between the TSSAA and the adminstration. They may have contacted the TSSAA themselves at some point.

For all you guys that keep saying that "I did not know" is not a valid excuse, you may be interested in reading this quote

"Section 5. (a) A violation of the TSSAA Constitution or Bylaws will not result in any investigation or penalty if it is inadvertent and the school first learns of and reports the violation after the conclusion of the following year's playoffs in the sport in which the violation occurred,"

As you are well aware, "inadvertent" means "unintentional."

Is that light I see on the horizon?

Zone, your memory may be better than mine and I am too lazy to go look it up for my self but I do not remember the administration saying that they knew of any violations, only that they heard rumors and investigated them on their own. After investigating they could not nail down anything concrete. If they had admitted to any violations then we all would have moved on over to another, more intgeresting thread. The reason we are all perched like vultures in this one is that so far the only thing anyone has heard is speculation. TSSAA continues to use the term "issues" and not "violations" in their discussions.

What they found was enough to fire the guy but not enough to self-report? Think about it. Also have you ever thought that maybe what they said to the paper and what occured may not jive in the end. Remember what Skogen and Beard said about the reasons they left, about the Admin not listening. Temple had calls from other schools too. The TSSAA is following proceedure which they should do. On some things they will have enough evidence to prove, some may not. There are violations....it is just how many of the other issues turn into violations

Yep, this is us..........

For all you guys that keep saying that "I did not know" is not a valid excuse, you may be interested in reading this quote

"Section 5. (a) A violation of the TSSAA Constitution or Bylaws will not result in any investigation or penalty if it is inadvertent and the school first learns of and reports the violation after the conclusion of the following year's playoffs in the sport in which the violation occurred,"

Read the whole sentence "and reports the violation"

It also says" And the school first learns and REPORTS the violation".

Didnt I read that the school never reported it?

For Temple's sake I hope that there is light. Unfortunately there is still more out there that may or may not come out. Some of it is pretty damaging. But right now everything is just rumors and speculation.

Pasture, I had asked you a question earlier that got buried and you probably didn't see it. You referred in an earlier post to Stephen Hargis as a "well known Temple hater." Why is he a "well known Temple hater?" I thought he did a good job of reporting just the info from Temple and Ronnie Carter.

Also, you said that Stump was trying to stay on the air and is good friends with Chastain. He may be friends with Chastain, I don't know. He seems to be friends with just about every one in sports in the Chattanooga area. But I thought that he was pretty much down the middle with him not picking one side or the other. I'm not calling you out on this, these are just my thoughts on it and I was trying to see it from another point of view.

Your optimisum is truly commendable. The argument might be better made if it hadn't happened twice that they've admitted and if the school had self-reported, which they did not.

In any case, we should know something more soon.

You are correct he has his opinion and can post it. I also have my opinion (that it was a pretty stupid post) and I can post it also. If you want to post stupid stuff be my guest BTW what's with all the spinning flower faces ?????

I was obviously joking with this line " Mad about Temple drumming them in the State Finals and wanted to help take them down? haha..but seriously". I see that it came across like I was being hard on the kid, that wasn't my intention. That should be reserved for the coach, if it happened. And I'm not condoning practicing with another/joining another team I'm just saying; if you know it's wrong and I find it hard to believe that he didn't, then it's not smart to bring that Temple bag to school at CSAS. To simplify:

1. If this happened this is pretty bad stuff, not something like a clerical error.

2. I think the coach had to know it was wrong.

3. I think the players would have to know that's wrong to do.

4. and if you do know it's wrong and go to school with another school's bag that isn't bright.

5. I was just wondering if these kids were recruited why would they want to go to Temple? There seemed to be a semi rivalry there(in basketball anyway) and you wouldn't want to. And also from and education standpoint, parents camp out to get into CSAS and it's free.

What exactly did I say that you had a problem with? Or are you going to just say "It's stupid."