Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

Actually, he was involved. The poster was a little misinformed. The CSAS student had a temple football bag which he brought into a classroom, and Coach Dragoo saw it. He asked where the kid got it and the kid told him, "at practice the day before". Everything else redandwhite said it accurate.

Does everyone know that Dragoo is a Temple High graduate; mid-70's I think. I believe he was in the same class as Les Compton, the AD at Grace Academy.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pasture everyone has no choice but to wait until something offical comes out to know for sure but talking on here about this or any other thread is what people do on coachT.What probably lures them to extra post is your repeated denial and naive connections that the wadleys and beards and skogens had with Temple.This is not just chastain and temple adminstration.Carter and the articles in the paper made that clear.Pretty soon your hopes will be dashed sooner than later but like always your naive and denial i am sure will find another angle to keep people posting.

Farmboy, the paper did not make that clear at all to me. Is it possible that you are reading into it what is not there? Maybe you could point out to me where in the paper that there were obvious connections with the Wadleys, Beards, and Skogens because I simply do not remember any.

You know deep down you want to post about something and I am happy to be able to contribute to your being able to see your deepest desires fufilled.

Actually, he was involved. The poster was a little misinformed. The CSAS student had a temple football bag which he brought into a classroom, and Coach Dragoo saw it. He asked where the kid got it and the kid told him, "at practice the day before". Everything else redandwhite said it accurate.

Govols78...you still got any 06 TTA apparel left? Methinks it now is worth something...How's your son taking all of this?

Riiiiight.

Old Pirate: ARROGANT..............................ANNOYING.........................IGNORANT.

Yes, and you continue to prove my point. Do you speak in the third person in person? Try it sometime and see how long it takes people to get annoyed and walk away.

Old Pirate said: How much more arrogant,annoying,igorant can one be than to still argue TT has not done wrong...............

I didn't say that there wasn't wrongdoing. I simply argued that we do not know all of the facts to be making such grandiose accusations. A little bit of humility and more cautious language might be the better part of wisdom until the TSSAA is finished their investigation. There is too much smoke surrounding Temple for there not to be a fire somewhere, but let's not assume we know where it is.

TNT said: You might be right about some of these other issues but all the athletic problems and the atmosphere of wrong doing started under Wadley and Skogen and their desire to win championships. The speculation of wrong doing has been there for the last 4 are 5 years begining with the Skogens and players just showing up when there was a need at certain positions to make the football team and basketball team better. Also the speculation if the tuitions were being payed. Surely you can understand why people would be suspicious

Your first statement against the Wadleys and Skogens is completely false, and for you to make such a slanderous accusation without proof is uncalled for and dangerous. You need to retract your statement. You do not have the proof to back it up. You portray Coaches Wadley and Skogen to be men who want to win at all costs, and that is simply not the case. Winning isn't everything to either of them. Further, the Skogens transferring to Temple was completely above board, within the rules, etc. Jacob was in 8th Grade; Caleb in 6th Grade. To my knowledge Coach Wadley and Coach Skogen were always careful about transfers being handled properly, and according to the rules. Some of the language that I am hearing makes it almost sound like every transfer should be viewed with suspicion (someone else noted this as well, as I recall). That's completely unfair. If a student-athlete has the opportunity to transfer to a program that will allow them to showcase their talent, as opposed to riding the bench or getting lost in the shuffle at a larger school, and can transfer within the rules that is perfectly legitimate.

You misunderstood my point about the atmosphere of wrong oing. The point that I was trying to make was that this atmosphere of people beleiving that there is wrong oings going on there at TT started under Wadleys and Skogens time there. That this suspicion of wrongdoing did not begin with The Chastain incident.

I did not say or suggest that the Skogens were recruited to TT but that there were suspicsions about them paying the tuitions. Now with the books apparently showing a discrepancy it creates more suspicion.

I would like to ask you a question since you seam to know. With the latest rumor about Dee Newsomes dad being made over security on game days did that actually take place or not? I ask that question because I noticed that you didn't comment on that accusation.

Farmboy, the paper did not make that clear at all to me. Is it possible that you are reading into it what is not there? Maybe you could point out to me where in the paper that there were obvious connections with the Wadleys, Beards, and Skogens because I simply do not remember any.

You know deep down you want to post about something and I am happy to be able to contribute to your being able to see your deepest desires fufilled.

I will retract the wadley part because the dee newsome is speculation until further notice but then again I for one wont be naive about that.Everything else speaks for itself.If I want to post I will I was talking about the others you lure with your denial.

I love how America works now. It's the Oprah/Nancy Grace style of justice. And did Dr. Bouler get compared to Bill Clinton and Hitler. haha Good grief.

Anyway let's continue with the speculation(not facts):

To think part of this has to do with Temple being too cheap/lazy/lackadaisical. They couldn't even write Kevin Skogen a check to pay for his coaching services(around $3,000 something instead of $15,000) and have him turn around and write a check for Seth's tuition. And I believe Kevin when he says that. But why did he let that situation continue? Or did he keep getting put off? And as insinuated?..., if he intentionally brought that to light what were his motives? Frustrated with the incompetence? To have his State Title stripped? His region championship in football stripped?

Why don't the people insinuating/acting like they know something just say it? Is there some Omerta on here? Someone afraid they're going to be sued for something said on the internet?

The "rats" sure have jumped ship: Wadley, Skogen, Coach Templeton, Josh Templeton. Probably a bigger syptom of Temple as a whole. The school is too cheap to pay or anything/anybody(get good people to take peanuts in the name of service to God) and overall on the decline. Or perhaps some of them knew some of the issues that were going to come to light sooner or later?

I wonder about Joey at McCallie. How could the Skogen's afford to pay for that and yet want compensation at TTA? Did he get some kind of "needs" scholarship at McCallie? And was there some realtionship/agreement with that and Wadley?

The kids from CSAS being at practice for Temple while in CSAS is bad stuff. How could a coach not know that was wrong? I can't believe that at all. And how stupid is that kid, for bringing that bag to class and then answering like that? How could he know that being at one school and practicing at another wasn't wrong. And not be smart enough to be quiet about it? Mad about Temple drumming them in the State Finals and wanted to help take them down? haha..but seriously It's hard for me to imagine someone being that stupid. I'm just curious as to why anyone from CSAS would want to go to Temple, having played against them. I know it's the football team but still. Especailly their parents, trading a great education to go to Temple.

You misunderstood my point about the atmosphere of wrong doing. The point that I was tring to make was that this atmosphere of people beleiving that there is wrong doings going on there at TT started under Wadleys and Skogens time there. That this suspicion of wrong doing did not begin with The Chastain incident.

I did not say or suggest that the Skogens were recruited to TT but that there were suspicsions about them paying the tuitions. Now with the books apparently showing a discrepancy it creates more suspicion.

I would like to ask you a question since you seam to know. With the latest rumor about Dee Newsomes dad being made over security on game days did that actually take place or not? I ask that question because I noticed that you didn't comment on that accusation.

TNT,

Thanks for the clarifications. Well put. Just for the record, they paid their tuitions (apart from the present controversy for 06-07 year). I see your point why some might perceive wrongdoing, but it is also true that success breeds such suspicion. It is inevitable.

I am unable to speak to the speculation regarding Dee Newsome, his father, etc. I didn't know anything about that until yesterday when I read it here.

TNT,

Thanks for the clarifications. Well put. Just for the record, they paid their tuitions (apart from the present controversy for 06-07 year). I see your point why some might perceive wrongdoing, but it is also true that success breeds such suspicion. It is inevitable.

I am unable to speak to the speculation regarding Dee Newsome, his father, etc. I didn't know anything about that until yesterday when I read it here.

The idea that the skogens were recruited is rediculous- jake began at Temple in 9th grade- caleb in 7th- seth and joey started in 6th and 4th respectively-

obviously this is a technicality (skogen's tuition) that will screw temple because of popular opinion and hate....non of the players that have contributed to Temple's PAST success-were recruited, TSSAA already looked into that... this technicality could sink the ship- and was a mistake....but like the article said skogen paid full tuition the entire time at temple until he took over both head coaching positions...

I think temple should be punished because rules must be followed....however this is an administrative mistake not a mistake by the kids....it isn't like the skogen's would have left if coach skogen wouldn't have been paid, he had been their volunteering for over 5 years already...the success that the kids earned the kids should keep.....

THe punishment should fall on the adults- the administration the accountants etc...for letting this slip... fine temple..take their money....etc...- don't strip the kids of something they earned... do you think seth, josh, jeremy, brandon and dee knew everything that was going on with money being handed back and forth- or actually not being handed back on fourth...did they know about the agreements...no...they went out and practiced and won games...to take those accomplishments away is not justice...it is completely wrong!!

sink the school financially- punish the people involved in the mistake- not a bunch of 14-18 yr olds who knew nothing and DID nothing wrong

TSSAA HAS WAY TOO MUCH POWER...AND ARE CLEARLY IN THE WRONG if they take away high school kids accomplishments for a clerical error (if that is all that they can prove)- if other FACTUAL EVIDENCE comes out with PROVES temple did other things wrong...I will write a new book and post it for ya'll to read...

Silverdale never required their teachers to attend SBC nor does Grace require its teachers to attend GBC.

I was told by one person he was required to join Silverdale when he started teaching there. This was several years ago. I could email you the name if you like, but he used to be an usher at Highland Park.

Revisionist history and irrelevent.

Yeah, I hope that's not Temple's best defense.

That is completely false. I worked at SBA from the beginning and that policy was never in place. When I began working at silverdale I attended Woodland Park.

I was told by one person he was required to join Silverdale when he started teaching there. This was several years ago. I could email you the name if you like, but he used to be an usher at Highland Park.Yeah, I hope that's not Temple's best defense.

As of 4 weeks ago, this verdict came down from Bouler and the deacon board of HPBC that all paid employees of TTA , not TTU, who has its own policies now, must attend HPBC, unless the husband serves in a formal capacity at another church. This edict came long after renewed contracts with current staff and without provacation. For the most part, very few, maybe less than 5 actual TTA staff attend other churches in years past.

It didn't come through the deacon board.