Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not denying the letter happened. I just know it is not what got it to this point.

Perhaps that will come out on the radio in a little bit.

Oh I agree the letter didnt get it to this point, but I think the letter is what caught the TSSAA interest. Temple was in trouble when the TSSAA got ahold of there books. And then the other person we are talking about gave the TSSAA more information.

But at the very least it should seperate some facts from rumors.

That is the main thing that is needed for the whole situation (at least for us message board people). Facts and rumors to be seperated. Because as of right now, most of what is being talked about on this board are just rumors. They may or may not soon become facts but until anything is proven everything is just speculation.

From Stump's radio sports show "The drive" with TFP sports editor Stephen Hargis.

Hargis says he talked with Ronnie Carter and Carter said, Temple has been under investigation for several weeks and the list of "issues of concern" has been growning.

Hargis- Cut and dry violation with Skogans tuition. "This alone is enough to do alot of damage to the Temple athletic program."

Hargis also said it could be around $10,000 in fines.

If Temple drops football program they owe schools on their schedule $1,500 per game.

Hargis said their is a "laundry list of issues"

At the end he said the thing with skogans is not the biggest issue the TSSAA is looking into.

From Stump's radio sports show "The drive" with TFP sports editor Stephen Hargis.

Hargis says he talked with Ronnie Carter and Carter said, Temple has been under investigation for several weeks and the list of "issues of concern" has been growning.

Hargis- Cut and dry violation with Skogans tuition. "This alone is enough to do alot of damage to the Temple athletic program."

Hargis also said it could be around $10,000 in fines.

If Temple drops football program they owe schools on their schedule $1,500 per game.

At the end he said the thing with skogans is not the biggest issue the TSSAA is looking into.

I just listened to that as well....The biggest part was when they were cutting to break and Hargis said that the Skogen issue isnt the biggest thing that is going to come out.....This cannot be good for Temple

But not if they are suspended....hmmmm

I think the Skogen deal is just something that came up while other issues (recruting and practice violations) were being investigated. Skogen and the principal both said they didn't know it was a violation so one or the other probably just let the cat out of the bag without realizing what the were doing. I think the discovery of issues may not be over. Rocks are being turned.

Has Chastain said anything? Or is he just pleading the fifth?

He said, "I was Nieve and ignorant to the rules."

Also he said he never knowingly broke any rules at Temple.

I am getting frustrated with this fella. He had to know he cheated. I want Chastain to answer a question about the CSAS kids a spring practice. How could he not know that was breaking a rule?

Anyone can claim ignorance as an excuse.