Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

You didn't read very well either did you?

my scenario is that all past players were NOT illegal- and that the skogen tuition thing does not make him an illegal participant...he had been there since the 6th grade...and the tssaa handbook CLEARLY makes a distinction between overtly scholarshipping a kid so that he can play, and mistakenly ignorantly (stupidly, whatever you want to call it) makes a bookeping error and doesn't toss money back and forth....

my scenario says what will happen if only spring kids were recruited by boosters and or recently fired coaches? so try again.....carter's response is maximum penalty if ILLEGAL KIDS participated....and tssaa distinction comes into play here IMO!

Illegal kids did play didnt they? The two kids from CSAS who the coach admitted played in the spring scrimmage would be illegal kids...So i would think that the maximum penatly is possible for that...

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to be an @$$ like everyone else on here...I thought and could be wrong, but I thought there WAS official complaining done and that TSSAA checked out larson and ridley... Obviously if those kids are illegal it affects everything...the tuition deal which only is mixed up with the skogens... does cause problems but is different because it did not enable a kid to participate who would not have participated anyways....

So everybody on here is an @$$ except you...interesting. Maybe you would like the company better on another site ???

There was a complaint about Larson and Ridley and it was investigated and nothing was found at that time. It is being looked into again. Like I said more people are talking now

a couple of years ago when usj had to forfeit their baseball title, that was over a couple of kids who were behind on their tuition bill so were basically going to school for free. Is that not similar to the skogen and chastain kids deal, (not paying/going to school for free) If so, then the punishment may be similar from the TSSAA.

You didn't read very well either did you?

my scenario is that all past players were NOT illegal- and that the skogen tuition thing does not make him an illegal participant...he had been there since the 6th grade...and the tssaa handbook CLEARLY makes a distinction between overtly scholarshipping a kid so that he can play, and mistakenly ignorantly (stupidly, whatever you want to call it) makes a bookeping error and doesn't toss money back and forth....

my scenario says what will happen if only spring kids were recruited by boosters and or recently fired coaches? so try again.....carter's response is maximum penalty if ILLEGAL KIDS participated....and tssaa distinction comes into play here IMO!

Fair enough.

However, I also think Mr. Carter has been very clear and the rules are clear, there is no such thing as unintentional scholarshipping as you say.

If you think about why that particular rule is in place, you can see why. Otherwise, everyone would do it until they were caught and then claim a clerical error or stupidity. Plus the fact that it happened twice is hard to explain.

a couple of years ago when usj had to forfeit their baseball title, that was over a couple of kids who were behind on their tuition bill so were basically going to school for free. Is that not similar to the skogen and chastain kids deal, (not paying/going to school for free) If so, then the punishment may be similar from the TSSAA.

I think the TSSAA will look at it in exactly the same way, especially Chastian's son. TSSAA by-laws require at least the same punishment as USJ. More can be added based on the circumstances (not self reporting, etc). They are looking at some other tuition/financial aid situations where as well.

Illegal kids did play didnt they? The two kids from CSAS who the coach admitted played in the spring scrimmage would be illegal kids...So i would think that the maximum penatly is possible for that...

You don't have titles and trophies taken away for having kids practice AFTER THE SEASONS THAT WON THE TITLES ARE OVER!!!! that makes no sense...so if DCA gets caught recruiting next year...they take a title away from the kids in like 2003 who were not illegal ???? yea I DON"T think that is how it works

I think the TSSAA will look at it in exactly the same way, especially Chastian's son. TSSAA by-laws require at least the same punishment as USJ. More can be added based on the circumstances (not self reporting, etc). They are looking at some other tuition/financial aid situations where as well.

Only problem is- chastains son was NEVER scholarshiped- article says that...chastain simply refused/said he couldn't pay his bills....and owes temple money....that is not scholarshipping and not punishable plus he never played basktball

Only problem is- chastains son was NEVER scholarshiped- article says that...chastain simply refused/said he couldn't pay his bills....and owes temple money....that is not scholarshipping and not punishable plus he never played basktball

I think you are confusing the terms here.. The rules states tuition, all tuition, must be paid in full and on time. There is no provision for exceptions if I'm correct, i.e the USJ example.

What will the punishment be?

to summarize

skogens tuition mistake no malice- and not elgibility problem (still wrong though obviously but different than intentional)

chastain simiply won't pay bill

ridley larson check out again (still don't get how TSSAA can reinvestigate a closed issue)

chastain and booster guilty of recruiting in the spring (the csas kid practicing etc...)

What happens if these are the facts and conclusions....???

You want a wild guess so here is mine. Skogen's tuition bill whether a mistake or intentional is a violation and was not self reported. TSSAA has no leeway on this. Read the by-laws. Same with Chastain. CSAS is open-shut case and was not self reported. TSSAA can investigate the Ridley-Larson-SE Whitfield 50 times if they want to, it's not like they were found innocent in a court of law. If this is all, and I don't believe it is, they forfeit all games (and resulting titles, awards) the Skogens and the Chastain kid played in last year, Football and BB, and they get at least a 1 year suspension for football, heavy fines and several years of probation. It could very well be worse just on these items. If more of them are proved to have occured it will definately be worse

You dont read carefully Kevin Skogen and Dr. Pearson admitted it was handled wrong and his two sons went for free last year.It was not reported and they cant show paperwork at all so that makes it possibly a lot worse.You and pasture need to take a denial class together and get over it .Ignorance wont excuse them to a slap on the wrist.