Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

That's pretty morbid and uncalled for

I didn't get that from Stump at all. David Bouler isn't hiding anything, but I would say he probably doesn't have ahold of the situation. He's a stand-up guy and answered all of Stump's questions as best he could the other day when he was on the radio with him. I'm going to guess that Dr. Bouler is a pretty busy guy and might have had more important things to do than to talk to Stump Martin.

Everybody has more important things to do than talk to stump....

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yall are outta control right now lol

I wonder whats gonna be in that article tomorrow, I bet its gonna be good...

I bet the article tomorrow will have several different sources regarding the "mess" at Temple since Hargis has no doubt been turning every rock he can find. Football is still the first thing that has been looked at but basketball is getting going due to the connection of the Skogens, Larson, and Newsome kids. I doubt basketball will be discussed tomorrow other than that the tuition question affects it directly. There will be a time still to come to cover everything else. I am expecting that we will hear some new or concrete things since newspapers don't usually rehash stuff the way we do on here. Whatever it is, as far as high school athletics and kids are concerned I wouldn't call it good.

I've been impressed how ya'll have kept on target and discussed the issues. Other than the unnamed person from Green country, ya'll have done well. It's been a good discussion.

I haven't had time to read all of it...but this story is incredible. What were these people thinking?

The Hammer is definitely falling...

I agree. I'm just waiting for a famous zonepirate picture to describe this article.

I am glad they kept the honest kids name out of the article.

Pretty interesting stuff in that article.

Now we just have to wait for the penalties.

Unless there is more to come.....

"If you look at the history of the TSSAA, if you voluntarily report a violation it's not as stringent a penalty as if we investigate and find out on our own," Carter said. "In this instance, Temple has not reported any of these allegations or the fact that Kevin Skogen's two sons and Scott Chastain's son did not pay tuition. There was no disciplinary action by the school, so depending on the facts we discover, the penalties could be stepped up."

We can speculate all day and night what might happen, but I'm speculating their football program will be shelved at least for a season, it's probably too late for it to happen this season. Other sports, who knows yet.