Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

A few things that we have gathered so far on this thread to get us all up to speed. First, the hammer is going to fall. There is no stopping that now. The thing is that we don't know how light or how hard it will fall.

Second, we don't know how many violations (Mr. Carters word) are actually being investigated. We don't know exactly how many reports have been filed to the TSSAA.

Third, we don't know how far back this reaches. Is it just in the last few months? Does it go back further? No one seems to know for sure.

Fourth, there are other allegations that have yet to be mentioned. Some of which probably do not involve the TSSAA. Some of which I hope do not make it to the message boards. In my opinion they have no place here. Although message boards are a good source of gossip and juicy rumors.

Fifth, no one knows how long it will take the TSSAA to sort through everything so there is no telling when it will be before we hear anything definite from them. Right now the paper work seems to be getting deeper instead shallow.

Sixth, we do know, thanks to zonepirate, that another article is coming out tomorrow that will shed more light on things. The article is not coming out because anyone is out to get Temple, or because of any hidden agendas. This is a big news story in the area and it hugely concerns the TSSAA.

Last, this is not just causing a big black eye for Temple. It is causing one for all private schools. Christian schools as well. Plus, as was said the other day, it is driving the wedge between publics and privates even deeper.

I know there is probably more to be mentioned but this was all I had time to think of.

I agree. The issues brought up in this "case" will definitely fuel the fire for the publics to loathe upon the privates.

However, thats neither here nor there...

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try. And maybe "a black eye for all privates" was not the proper wording. But the fact is that many people are looking at this with Temple as the rule and not the exception. It is pushing some ideas of "all privates recruit/cheat/whatever." Not everyone is looking at it this way but trust me, there are quite a few that really are. It may not be the right way to think of it but it is their way of thinking of it.

I see your point. Thanks for the explanation.

I see your point. Thanks for the explanation.

Bottom line is, to play you must be an equal opportunity participant. If that is not possible you belong in another league. That's how the rules are written and agreed upon. That's why they have separate leagues to join. I don't hate, life is to short for that.

Misunderstandings cause wars. Which unfortunately get a lot of innocent people hurt. I see this being the case here. Unfortunate, but a must to maintain integrity among all. As the law reads. The embargo has began. If anything else is learned the bombs will drop. Either way innocent people get hurt.

The only item that falls under misunderstanding could be the Skogen tuition mess. I feel that it is unfortunate, but the rules are written and there for everyone to see. The administration should have known and Coach Skogen should have known, but I put more blame on the administration or lack of administration!

What will silverdale gain if they shut the program down? A bunch of players that was in question for Temple? Surely they will want to play football somewhere. Will they have to sit out or due to closing they can play? Just a thought.

What say you here Zone? If I can think of it.....

What will silverdale gain if they shut the program down? A bunch of players that was in question for Temple? Surely they will want to play football somewhere. Will they have to sit out or due to closing they can play? Just a thought.

What say you here Zone? If can think of it.....

I would think that if the program was shut down then the guys could transfer without penalty. I could be mistaken though.

Can a coach be banned from coaching for a school that belongs to TSSAA for recruiting?

Did Scott Chastain leave SE Whitfield because of any violations?

If I am not mistaken he can be banned for a certain amount of time. Sometimes the school gives the coach a chance to resign before they fire him I am not sure with kell and chastain at SE because they were turning the program around 2 years ago when they put a whooping on my sons team.Then all of a sudden they are gone and nobody really had a clue what happen except there was some problem with the coaches and the school.The same with Allen at LFO he resigned after two of the best years the school had and I know he wanted to stay but left for the bradley central job where he went 1-9 and left during the school year there and ended up at silverdale. Rumors swirled Allen was trying to get back in north ga. coaching but they had a couple of years left on his band. I could guess with some people in the know but unless he tells or you were in the meetings we probably will never know about chastain.Just like the current issues at Temple.