Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things that we have gathered so far on this thread to get us all up to speed. First, the hammer is going to fall. There is no stopping that now. The thing is that we don't know how light or how hard it will fall.

Second, we don't know how many violations (Mr. Carters word) are actually being investigated. We don't know exactly how many reports have been filed to the TSSAA.

Third, we don't know how far back this reaches. Is it just in the last few months? Does it go back further? No one seems to know for sure.

Fourth, there are other allegations that have yet to be mentioned. Some of which probably do not involve the TSSAA. Some of which I hope do not make it to the message boards. In my opinion they have no place here. Although message boards are a good source of gossip and juicy rumors.

Fifth, no one knows how long it will take the TSSAA to sort through everything so there is no telling when it will be before we hear anything definite from them. Right now the paper work seems to be getting deeper instead shallow.

Sixth, we do know, thanks to zonepirate, that another article is coming out tomorrow that will shed more light on things. The article is not coming out because anyone is out to get Temple, or because of any hidden agendas. This is a big news story in the area and it hugely concerns the TSSAA.

Last, this is not just causing a big black eye for Temple. It is causing one for all private schools. Christian schools as well. Plus, as was said the other day, it is driving the wedge between publics and privates even deeper.

I know there is probably more to be mentioned but this was all I had time to think of.

Good post. I'm 99% sure it will go back at least a year

A few things that we have gathered so far on this thread to get us all up to speed. First, the hammer is going to fall. There is no stopping that now. The thing is that we don't know how light or how hard it will fall.

Second, we don't know how many violations (Mr. Carters word) are actually being investigated. We don't know exactly how many reports have been filed to the TSSAA.

Third, we don't know how far back this reaches. Is it just in the last few months? Does it go back further? No one seems to know for sure.

Fourth, there are other allegations that have yet to be mentioned. Some of which probably do not involve the TSSAA. Some of which I hope do not make it to the message boards. In my opinion they have no place here. Although message boards are a good source of gossip and juicy rumors.

Fifth, no one knows how long it will take the TSSAA to sort through everything so there is no telling when it will be before we hear anything definite from them. Right now the paper work seems to be getting deeper instead shallow.

Sixth, we do know, thanks to zonepirate, that another article is coming out tomorrow that will shed more light on things. The article is not coming out because anyone is out to get Temple, or because of any hidden agendas. This is a big news story in the area and it hugely concerns the TSSAA.

Last, this is not just causing a big black eye for Temple. It is causing one for all private schools. Christian schools as well. Plus, as was said the other day, it is driving the wedge between publics and privates even deeper.

I know there is probably more to be mentioned but this was all I had time to think of.

Another thing we have gathered from this thread is some people on these boards are really annoying.

Or maybe I'm the only one that gathered that.

. . . Last, this is not just causing a big black eye for Temple. It is causing one for all private schools. Christian schools as well. Plus, as was said the other day, it is driving the wedge between publics and privates even deeper . . .

I don't understand why this would case a black eye for all private schools. Can you explain your reasoning?

Did you just call me annoying? Up until now I thought that you were a good poster

No I was just adding to your list of things we have got from this thread. You are a good poster, but some people on this thread are making my IQ take a downward spiral. Even though you and zone are SP fans, I like yall except 1 week a year.

Just wait till we can hunt him up at the Boyd game...we'll show him annoying

Not if I come hunt you first. Haha

Sailor when are you going to get your plus membership?

I don't understand why this would case a black eye for all private schools. Can you explain your reasoning?

I will try. And maybe "a black eye for all privates" was not the proper wording. But the fact is that many people are looking at this with Temple as the rule and not the exception. It is pushing some ideas of "all privates recruit/cheat/whatever." Not everyone is looking at it this way but trust me, there are quite a few that really are. It may not be the right way to think of it but it is their way of thinking of it.