Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

With the Skogens I don't think recruting is a question. Tuition is the question there. The investigation of Larson and Ridley is being revisited. Just because nothing was found the first time just means nothing was found at that time. Who knows, it may end up that way again but now more people are talking

Point well put zonepirate.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catastrophe: a momentous tragic event ranging from extreme misfortune to utter overthrow or ruin.

Would you not classify this as a "momentous tragic event" that is at the very least "extreme misfortune" for TTA? I would.... Are you still in denial?

I believe the Temple fans are in the politics stage of this event, DENIE EVERY THING AND MAKE ACCUSATIONS. I believe people on here would respect them more if they would just admit that there is a problem here. Some of them still act like the TSSAA is not even investigating Temple, that Stephen Hargis is just making these articles up.

Alright I need predictions on what will happen to temple based on precedents in past rulings/ based on rules IF- Temple is found to have simply "messed up " with skogen's tuition- (not an elgibility problem-just stupidity)- and chastain is found to simply never paid his bill (there is no way in hades his son in scholarshiped) and Temple is clear of recruiting alegations in the past- but guilty of recruiting violations for this upcoming season...(meaing the violations occurred in the spring)- What will the punishment be?

to summarize

skogens tuition mistake no malice- and not elgibility problem (still wrong though obviously but different than intentional)

chastain simiply won't pay bill

ridley larson check out again (still don't get how TSSAA can reinvestigate a closed issue)

chastain and booster guilty of recruiting in the spring (the csas kid practicing etc...)

What happens if these are the facts and conclusions....???

by the way...the stuff with the southeast whitfield people is stupid since it is all word of mouth and it was larson who was at temple with his buddy's talking to a bunch of friends and those guys talking with chastain (who I don't even think was employed by the school at the time) -and they all new chastain from Southeast W....too much hearsay not enough proof...that is a waste of TSSAA time IMO

Alright I need predictions on what will happen to temple based on precedents in past rulings/ based on rules IF- Temple is found to have simply "messed up " with skogen's tuition- (not an elgibility problem-just stupidity)- and chastain is found to simply never paid his bill (there is no way in hades his son in scholarshiped) and Temple is clear of recruiting alegations in the past- but guilty of recruiting violations for this upcoming season...(meaing the violations occurred in the spring)- What will the punishment be?

to summarize

skogens tuition mistake no malice- and not elgibility problem (still wrong though obviously but different than intentional)

chastain simiply won't pay bill

ridley larson check out again (still don't get how TSSAA can reinvestigate a closed issue)

chastain and booster guilty of recruiting in the spring (the csas kid practicing etc...)

What happens if these are the facts and conclusions....???

by the way...the stuff with the southeast whitfield people is stupid since it is all word of mouth and it was larson who was at temple with his buddy's talking to a bunch of friends and those guys talking with chastain (who I don't even think was employed by the school at the time) -and they all new chastain from Southeast W....too much hearsay not enough proof...that is a waste of TSSAA time IMO

Lovingood I am thinking was at south pitt a few years ago when chastain was at SE.when you say there was an investigation are you getting mixed up when a player transfers the school submits the paperwork.If so that is not re-investigating . That 1st time they were just approving the transfer and the tssaa is not going to look into anything unless it is complained offically about by another school.You also seem to be hinting so that it wont affect past years achievments.When ronnie says nothing was reported on the tutions from both coaches you will not be able to yell oh we were just stupid to the fact or else all schools would do that and they wouldnt make them sign papers saying they knew the rules.

Lovingood I am thinking was at south pitt a few years ago when chastain was at SE.when you say there was an investigation are you getting mixed up when a player transfers the school submits the paperwork.If so that is not re-investigating . That 1st time they were just approving the transfer and the tssaa is not going to look into anything unless it is complained offically about by another school.You also seem to be hinting so that it wont affect past years achievments.When ronnie says nothing was reported on the tutions from both coaches you will not be able to yell oh we were just stupid to the fact or else all schools would do that and they wouldnt make them sign papers saying they knew the rules.

It's been a while since Lovingood was at South Pittsburg. Since the last time he was at SP he has been head coach at Charleston then Walker Valley before going to SE. I'm not sure when Chastain was at SE but Charleston shut down a few years ago.

I am not going to be an @$$ like everyone else on here...I thought and could be wrong, but I thought there WAS official complaining done and that TSSAA checked out larson and ridley... Obviously if those kids are illegal it affects everything...the tuition deal which only is mixed up with the skogens... does cause problems but is different because it did not enable a kid to participate who would not have participated anyways....

I really shouldn't respond to you however because you didn't answer my question...I said what IF all these things are true what kind of punishment are they looking at....

I am not going to be an @$$ like everyone else on here...I thought and could be wrong, but I thought there WAS official complaining done and that TSSAA checked out larson and ridley... Obviously if those kids are illegal it affects everything...the tuition deal which only is mixed up with the skogens... does cause problems but is different because it did not enable a kid to participate who would not have participated anyways....

I really shouldn't respond to you however because you didn't answer my question...I said what IF all these things are true what kind of punishment are they looking at....

I think Mr. Carter has answered that in the newspaper:

Forfeiture of all games in which the illegal players participated; forfeiture of any titles, including the state basketball title with all trophies returned at the school's expense; forfeiture of any state awards and records held by the player(s) involved; $100 fine per game (not sure if that is per player also); return any money's paid to the school by TSSAA during playoff games; Plus the $1,500 per game for each region game that is not played this fall; the school could be removed from the TSSAA.

The fines have been estimated to be between $15,000 and $30,000 when all is said and done and that is based on what we know so far.

I may have missed something, but I think that is what he said.

I think Mr. Carter has answered that in the newspaper:

Forfeiture of all games in which the illegal players participated; forfeiture of any titles, including the state basketball title with all trophies returned at the school's expense; forfeiture of any state awards and records held by the player(s) involved; $100 fine per game (not sure if that is per player also); return any money's paid to the school by TSSAA during playoff games; Plus the $1,500 per game for each region game that is not played this fall; the school could be removed from the TSSAA.

The fines have been estimated to be between $15,000 and $30,000 when all is said and done and that is based on what we know so far.

I may have missed something, but I think that is what he said.

You didn't read very well either did you?

my scenario is that all past players were NOT illegal- and that the skogen tuition thing does not make him an illegal participant...he had been there since the 6th grade...and the tssaa handbook CLEARLY makes a distinction between overtly scholarshipping a kid so that he can play, and mistakenly ignorantly (stupidly, whatever you want to call it) makes a bookeping error and doesn't toss money back and forth....

my scenario says what will happen if only spring kids were recruited by boosters and or recently fired coaches? so try again.....carter's response is maximum penalty if ILLEGAL KIDS participated....and tssaa distinction comes into play here IMO!