Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumberland County 1

McMinn Co. 2

..the "spirit" of the game was lost due to physical play.

The motto of the day: If you cannot beat them, foul them.

Very disheartening.

Based on how Cumberland County's JV played in JV match on Saturday, I think we know who initiates the physical play. Fortunately the Powell JV played to win 5-0 and didn't stoop to the dirty play

If you are referring to a poorly executed slide tackle outside the box... I know what you are talking about. That was not good at all. At least the defender didn't come from behind! They are learning. 80% of the JV team just learned what receiving means! Great job to Powell JV for dominating the virgin Cumberland County JV...

With McMinn, I am talking about tripping a forward in the box on a break-away with no call????, a slide tackle from behind on the defense and converting it into a goal.... and a beautiful sheild by the defense which turned into a choke hold by the forward resulting in a pk for the offense. Absolutely CRAZY!

Cumberland JV 1

McMinn JV 1

If you are referring to a poorly executed slide tackle outside the box... I know what you are talking about. That was not good at all. At least the defender didn't come from behind! They are learning. 80% of the JV team just learned what receiving means! Great job to Powell JV for dominating the virgin Cumberland County JV...

With McMinn, I am talking about tripping a forward in the box on a break-away with no call????, a slide tackle from behind on the defense and converting it into a goal.... and a beautiful sheild by the defense which turned into a choke hold by the forward resulting in a pk for the offense. Absolutely CRAZY!

Cumberland JV 1

McMinn JV 1

I think the High School JV and Varsity games this season have had alot of bad calls and no calls this year. It would be nice since EastTNRef knows so much about the high schools, and is obviously a Ref, that he could give some input to the people who pick these Refs. Our varsity game against South Doyle last week was absolutely the worst and yet most obvious Home cooking job in officiating soccer I have ever seen. That includes all games I played in high school, college, and coached!

GPS, Boyd-Buchanan, Chattanooga Central Post Soccer Wins

The Bruisers of GPS scored two second half goals to defeat Siegel Tuesday night 3-1.

Sarah Mastey had GPS's first goal in the 15th minute assisted by Jami Haskins and Charity Blair.

UT signee Brittany Winn scored Siegel's only goal in the 31st minute.

Charity Blair gave the Bruisers the lead in the 65th minute scoring off an assist by Kelsey Keef. Simone Busby scored the final GPS goal in the 76th minue assisted by Catie Lester.

Keeper Abby Ellis had one save for GPS.

Keef and Busby are both 8th graders and recorded their first assist and goal.

GPS had 14 shots to Siegel's five.

===================================================

At Hixson, the host Lady Wildcats fell to Boyd-Buchanan 3-2. The game was tied 1-1 at the half.

Megan Day had two goals for Boyd-Buchanan and Melissa Baldwin had one.

Baldwin and Carla Clements had one assist each.

Rebecca Kent and Andria Aurand scored for Hixson. Aurand also had an assist.

Kasey Toth had seven saves for Boyd-Buchanan and Blair Kent had nine for Hixson.

Hixson out shot Boyd-Buchanan 17-11.

================================================

CCS traveled to Tullahoma but lost 1-0. Tullahoma, who was out shot 9-4 scored their goal in the second half.

================================================

Chattanooga Central moved to 1-1-1 on the year with a 5-0 shutout over East Ridge. Emily Medley and Mirja Rotzoll each had two goals for Central.

Stephanie Raulson had the other goal.

Rotzoll and Raulston also had an assist along with Mary Plemons and Sara Dillard.

Lizette Espinoza earned the shutout for Central in the goal.

W. Tn. Scores from last night:

USJ over JCS 2-0

Goals by Meg Miller and Katie Hayes

Madison over TCA 3-0

Goals by Alise Flack 2 and Maddie Doumitt

Crockett County over Dyer 5-1

McNairy Central over Chester County 6-1

Fayette Academy over Covington 2-2

I think the High School JV and Varsity games this season have had alot of bad calls and no calls this year. It would be nice since EastTNRef knows so much about the high schools, and is obviously a Ref, that he could give some input to the people who pick these Refs. Our varsity game against South Doyle last week was absolutely the worst and yet most obvious Home cooking job in officiating soccer I have ever seen. That includes all games I played in high school, college, and coached!

I don't know about the South Doyle game, but it has seemed to be a pretty big problem with poorly refereed games this year. Something should be done before an athlete ends up seriously hurt.