Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im just dropping in 2 say congrats. SC...yall played very well tonight...i am a little upset with the outcome of this game,but wat can i say...theres always next week...good luck 2 both teams this coming week and also to all of my TIGERS-DONT LET THIS GAME GET YOUR HOPES FAILING...you guys are a great squad and if all of us stick together then we will be EXCELLENT this year ....once again GOOD LUCK !!!

What can I say, I thought we would score 4 tds and a FG. Not 4 tds 2 safeties and a blocked PAT. Heck, you can't win em' all.

Yeah, let's not hear the excuses or the "wait till next year." This was supposed to be THAT year. These two teams could get together 20 times with this being as close as it ever gets. I did tell several folks that SC had a much larger margin for error, but if you would have told me we turn it over 5 times, huh, I would have thought it would have been the other way.

I've heard already that Gordonsville was a wounded animal. Don't hang this on any one player. He played the best game he ever has against SC. If he was that hurt, then what in the heck was he doing returning kicks? Enough said.

Gordonsville, use this to get better and have the season in 1A that you are more than capable of.

Owls, I think you drove your point home tonight. There is no doubt which team is better and gonna be. Work to make your weaknesses strengths and you have much potential. Line played awesome.

Let's Sing a Verse, Shall We!

reaction, there will be a link at www.smithcountyfootball.com.

Z, no, as far as I know, this one was genuine. I would quote it, but it was a bit too much for here. Like I said, I walk by there at least 5 nights a week. It was there before I got to it.

Our kids seem to be pretty even keel most of the time. They don't "get up" outwardly for too many games. Definately haven't had to for this one. Gordonsville always comes out pumped up. Keeps it close early before the emotion wears off and the Owls pull away. Probably will be that way once again. Until proven otherwise, that's my bet.

OWLS 31 - 13

Great Prediction, Right on the money

Guest Termite

Well, its hard to overcome that mental block sometimes I guess Gordonsville. I feel for MO$$$$ and his son, I really thought they would win this game big this season. You both seem like nice folk. I'll see ya'll in Motown in a couple of weeks, take it easy on us. Well Antwitt, I guess I'll be giving you that new $20 bill. Maybe ya'll want be blowing us out too bad at halftime when I hand it over to you. Oh well, its just money, cant take it with you. Motown finally got lucky and won one tonight. We'll probably get toasted by Upperman and that ariel assault they possess over there in Baxter. Maybe it'll be within a couple of scores after the game is over. Maybe we can keep improving and at least score 1 touchdown on that Smith Co. defense in October.

You sound rather humble there Mr.Stamplicker. Your right , G-ville is a good team and I'm behind them the rest of the way. And you were right, about the 14 or more points......just the wrong team

I think, and I believe others will tell youthe same, tonight it wasn't MENTAL block...it was center block guards block, tackles block and everyone else block.

And go ahead and feel bad for MO$$$$ and his son.....and the rest that have sons playing on the losing side but in the same breath feel good for the ones that won.