Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

I hate to put it all on one guy's shoulders. Especially a high school kid.

But....

If GHS QB has a monster night, they can win.

He'll be good, but not enough.

SC wins 21-13.

Book it.

2 good teams. Both will win 8 games or more this year.

8 games...wow...ya think? How long has it been since we won 8 games?

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 games...wow...ya think? How long has it been since we won 8 games?

Don't get too uppity Antman. I meant you'd win at least 8. Probably more. Your schedule almost assures it. I hope you win it all (2A) personally. You have a good team and a good coach too. Good luck to you.

But ya'll are exactly 1 game past your non-competitive blow out to Alcoa. And I can still remember when you were 0-10 and the laughingstock of the mid-state. It's not even September yet. No time to crow about how many you'll win. Not now. Not yet.

Let the lads play. After all, I did pick SCHS. Many aren't.

So take your compliment and say thank you. And move on.

Guest Termite

How big is this blasted G-ville bandwagon????

South Pitt. Cookville,Wetmoland...........Glad I never had to load hay on a wagon that big.....

All I can say so..............when the wheels fall off this bandwagon tomorrow night..........I hope they don't have to walk too far to back home.

Smith County Owls, I know some of you read these boards, some of you find it funny and some of you just want to see what people are saying. Well, you are reading the disrespect some are giving this group of Owls. Some of the only folks that are giving you any credit are the ones you expect to do so. The team you beat year in and year out and their fans don't think you have it in you to do it yet again. That you lost too many players. That they are gonna get a win over you. I think it's time, this year, this team, to put to rest all the naysayers. Show them what you are capable of. Head on over to Gordonsville tomorrow night and lay claim to what is rightfully yours. You are the best team in this county. Prove it and silence the critics.

GO OWLS !!!!!

Smith County Owls, I know some of you read these boards, some of you find it funny and some of you just want to see what people are saying. Well, you are reading the disrespect some are giving this group of Owls. Some of the only folks that are giving you any credit are the ones you expect to do so. The team you beat year in and year out and their fans don't think you have it in you to do it yet again. That you lost too many players. That they are gonna get a win over you. I think it's time, this year, this team, to put to rest all the naysayers. Show them what you are capable of. Head on over to Gordonsville tomorrow night and lay claim to what is rightfully yours. You are the best team in this county. Prove it and silence the critics.

GO OWLS !!!!!

Tigers.....What he said.

GO OWLS !!!!!

That and a box of cleanex will make things all better for the Owls? Sorry it wont be that easy. Trust me.

GO OWLS !!!!!

How is this group of Owls being disrespected?

I guess I also have to point out that 74.3% are picking Smith County in the Big Ones.

That tells me that SC is favored.

You don't have to make stuff up to motivate the team.

I guess I also have to point out that 74.3% are picking Smith County in the Big Ones.

If it takes what is said on this website to motivate kids for this game, then somethings missing.

Thats right so why do they need the Westy type pep speach? Need a crying Owl to post under it. Someone sounds not so sure anymore or this would not be posted. Never has prior.

Also, I might add that they are a preseason top 10 in the 2A polls.

I believe they need to change their name to the Smith County Dangerfields. NO RESPECT!!!!!!!

Who do the 3 of you geniuses think will win? My point exactly. The top program going in this county resides on the north side of the river. The Smith County Owls have won 8 straight in this rivalry, if you can call it that, and been the more successful program as far as going farther year in and year out. YET, the good folks from Gordonsville (and some surrounding areas i.e. Herald Citizen) don't give the Owls much respect when it comes to what has been accomplished on the field.SC just has to go prove it again.

%75 are picking the Owls, people who for the most part follow high school football and have a good idea what the outcome is very likely to be. However, when it comes down to it, this game is special because of the year long bragging rights and respect that the winning team has earned on the field. The Owls get the opportunity to prove once again just which team is the team to beat. Until then, the Owls are the best team until proven otherwise.

Go Owls !!! 31-13