Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

But that's the difference in the average, above average and great. The great ones have the total package; size, speed, strength and the required amount of intelligence.

I would mention one you guys played against last year. He had it all except in one department. You guess which department, and who. Results were the same on the field however. Hey it happens.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have mentioned players at a lower level. How about coaches. Do you think coaches are not as good at lower levels also? If yes, could this also play a part in a very good player maybe being great given the proper training by a better coach? Given the pay offered by larger schools, you would think they would have the better coaches. Just a thought.

Adrian Smith is a hoss...as is Terrance Bell. Smith is a 1st team NAIA all-american...Bell is just about as good. He tore DL up in the title game a few years ago. You have a very good back in Fletcher. I see he's a preseason all-american too. I'll have to pull against your team in this one old...but not against you. I hope you do well. It should be a very good game. I wish I could go...but I have other obligations. GL

Yeah Adrian Smith is a hoss.... I don't know how he got to Bethel but he should be playing somewhere bigger IMO. I remember watching Terrance Bell against DL in the title game he set a couple of records that night. Both of those guys have been NAIA all-americans. Thanks.

Well, since neither laughter nor laughing nor amusement nor hilarious are considered emotions, I don't believe you really have me on that one. Also, I didn't attack your character, maybe your motives, as a joke, and I DID debate the issue on very logical grounds. Who really gets torn up over playaction passes or slants and hitches? I'm not even sorry anymore. This is too funny. Maybe after you look it up you should then try to understand the meaning of it.

In the end, my intention to shake things up a bit, and I wanted some a good analysis from some loyal SC fans. Anyway, thanks for ruffling my feathers SC fans.

Here's the deal people....What "EXACTLY" has all of this "EXCEPTIONAL TALENT" done? Not one thing in this matchup. Natta...Nothing...Squat...Diddlyzip. Recognize that!!! One last chance to get it done....we won't know until late tommorrow night whether that changes or not. Best of luck Tigers.....after tommorrow night.

Only two comes to mind.... Sweeney and Will Healy... I might need to be corrected on that... i think he went to Air Force and then transferred out...

I don't think either of those played a down of DI ball. Both were very good high school players. Sweeney should have a very good year under Watson.

Well, Tiger fans, it seems that only Smith County fans along with a few other coacht'ers, feels that the Owls will come away victorious. I just got through reading the little clip from the Herald-Citizen (Cookeville Paper) that is on the Blue Tiger bandwagon.

Smith Co. (1-0) at Gordonsville (1-0)

GORDONSVILLE -- The big game for these two comes early once again. Smith County proved last week that despite some inexperience, it will still be a tough team to beat.

The best chance for an Owl loss is the dynamic duo of quarterback Justin Smith and running back Jordan Davis. The pair has connected well in the preseason and helped the Tigers knock off Class 3A's Cheatham County in their season opener.

The Owls still have some kick on offense, as Cody Rich ran for four touchdowns last week against Livingston Academy and Matt Harville completed 10 of his 17 passes for 147 yards.

This game will be close, but with the success Gordonsville seems destined for, the Tigers are not going to let this opportunity slip away.

Craig: GHS 22, SCHS 21

Thomas: GHS 35, SCHS 30

Obviously they feel like the series isn't as lopsided as it actually is. We will soon see.