Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

Plus, do I think Gvilles talent is exceptional, nope. Do I think Smith County's talent is exceptional, nope. We have seen lots of exceptional talent in "the hole" over the last few years. Regard imallins post. He forgot to mention Marcus Buggs and Shocka Hill just to mention two more off the top of my head. Is there anyone on either of these two teams with talent like these young men afore mentioned? I can answer that for you. The answer is NO. Get over it. Those are just hard facts. There's not even, in my humble opinion, a Wilson Cates or TT Harper on either team.

Does that mean they aren't good football players? It doesn't mean that in the least. It doesn't mean that they can't be very sucessful in there respected regions and classifications. But none of these guys are in the upper echelon of raw talent, even in the midstate. The word exceptional means MUCH above average. There isn't anyone on either team who qualifies as that. Once again, sorry. If you want to get into this debate thing that you started, choose your words carefully and try to pick a battle you can win.

Get em!!!! hahaha bet their is not a rebuttle to that comment!!!

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is going good we have tough game this weekend against a top 5 NAIA school and they have some beasts on that team.

Adrian Smith is a hoss...as is Terrance Bell. Smith is a 1st team NAIA all-american...Bell is just about as good. He tore DL up in the title game a few years ago. You have a very good back in Fletcher. I see he's a preseason all-american too. I'll have to pull against your team in this one old...but not against you. I hope you do well. It should be a very good game. I wish I could go...but I have other obligations. GL

Croz, Yes, SC did play Jackson Co. and Cannon Co. In their worst years, they are better than RBS and MJCS. Oh, SC also played WH and Soddy Daisy. You really don't want to argue annual strength of schedule or results against common opponents do you? We can do that.. You have a pair of those blue colored glasses, too.

All I was saying was that Jackson and Cannon are the RBS of 2A. Yes I know Cannon is improving but that's how they've been historically.

As far as the strength of schedule, both teams have very tough schedules for their classes. Yes there's a few powderpuff games on each teams schedule, but they are region games. There's not much we can do about that.

Gordonsville has a 3A and 2-2A schools in their non region schedule. SC's non region is a 5A, a 3A, and 2- 1A.

Both teams have tough non-region schedules, and we have a few of the same games.

I was just wondering...how many DI players has GV played against in recent years? Sweeney? He was on Louisville's roster anyway. Anybody else?

How many years would you consider recent.

I know when I played, there was Troy Fleming, M.J. Garrett, Michael Scruggs, a QB from CPA who played at Vanderbilt. That's all I know off the top of my head.

Anyway, if you play against Alcoa, they probably have about 5.

How many years would you consider recent.I know when I played, there was Troy Fleming, M.J. Garrett, Michael Scruggs, a QB from CPA who played at Vanderbilt. That's all I know off the top of my head.Anyway, if you play against Alcoa, they probably have about 5.

Yeah...that's a legitimate point. Scruggs didn't play DI...although he had the talent to do so. Recent years...let's just say in the last 7 or 8 years. How many has there been?

All I was saying was that Jackson and Cannon are the RBS of 2A. Yes I know Cannon is improving but that's how they've been historically.As far as the strength of schedule, both teams have very tough schedules for their classes. Yes there's a few powderpuff games on each teams schedule, but they are region games. There's not much we can do about that.Gordonsville has a 3A and 2-2A schools in their non region schedule. SC's non region is a 5A, a 3A, and 2- 1A. Both teams have tough non-region schedules, and we have a few of the same games.

SC plays 2 3a teams...although both are down this year...I think.

Just another point to bring out is there is kids not taking the College coarses in HS. When the colleges look they go straight to the office. Grades end a prospect before he even enters the field. I am sure if you think about it there has been a few players in that boat. There is also standout players not big enough to play at the next level. Thats the magic of HS football. No matter if you arent the smartest cookie, no matter how small you are, you get the chance to show you can play.

Just another point to bring out is there is kids not taking the College coarses in HS. When the colleges look they go straight to the office. Grades end a prospect before he even enters the field. I am sure if you think about it there has been a few players in that boat. There is also standout players not big enough to play at the next level. Thats the magic of HS football. No matter if you arent the smartest cookie, no matter how small you are, you get the chance to show you can play.

But that's the difference in the average, above average and great. The great ones have the total package; size, speed, strength and the required amount of intelligence.