Jefferson County vs Morristown West

Warlock

You have to be kidding, right?

A few observations:

West has little talent and less heart. Theyquit last week and they quit this week in mid 4th qtr. Glad to see Wild show his true colors. Great job leading you team. When they need you, you throw over the heads of your receivers and when you do complete a pass and they fumble, you challenge the refs and get a 15 yrd penalty.......anybody can show class in victory.....few show class in losing

Jeff Co gutted it out....but we can still show a lot of improvement. The challenge is .....is JC content to beat West or will they challenge themselves to get better every week and make the playoffs ?

Did the PA system shut down in the 2nd half.....I don't remember hearing a single word over the PA ? Maybe the JC fans were just too loud.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be a momemtum builder for Jefferson County.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Lets take care of the Cougars !!!

While we are all excited, I'll ask 2 questions.

1. Why did we run the last option play to the left and risk the fumble that occured? Coach ...really? Why run the qb sneak prior and then run the counter option?

2. How did the MW receiver get wide open down the middle with 2 min left?

Those type things will absolutely kill you when it counts.

Been listening to the replay on WJFC. Buster really gets fired up in the booth. You can hear him over the radio announcers. Wish WJFC would turn the power up some.

Their power is dictated by the FCC. They will never put out more than 500 watts during the day. I think now they broadcast 24 hrs, in which case they have to power down to 96 watts at night. My microwave puts out more wattage. Jefferson Co. used to have an FM station (WJFC 99.3) but it is now part of the Talk News 100.3 in Knoxville. Jefferson County needs their own station.

If that was the case, I don't think Coach Woods would have walked off the field with his head hanging last night, not even going out to midfield to shake the Jeff County coach's hand.

I know this game is over and done with, but for some reason I missed this. I wasn`t paying attention to who was shaking hands after the game, but it really doesn`t surprise me to hear this.

Before you get too excited about your win over West ,other than this year's bragging rights,

what does it mean to Jeff Co ? I figure Coach Woods is looking at this game as a

scrimmage where he could make more changes in his personnel for Conference play.

Just facts.

I wish someone would dig up the old JCHS/West threads and find something as ignorant as that. Patriot fans may not have always given West all the credit when we lost but we sure didn't try and act like it didn't matter.

Enjoy your repeat year of 2004 this year Trojan fan, and be glad you took Maryville off the schedule.

While we are all excited, I'll ask 2 questions.

1. Why did we run the last option play to the left and risk the fumble that occured? Coach ...really? Why run the qb sneak prior and then run the counter option?

2. How did the MW receiver get wide open down the middle with 2 min left?

Those type things will absolutely kill you when it counts.

#1- I'm sure they would like to have that one back. Straight dive from now on please.

#2- Why was the FS not backed up 30 yards to prevent that? That is fundamentals that have to be worked on.

#3- The punt team needs to learn to get on the ball when it bounces back towards you.

THese are very fixable. Great job, time to put this one to bed and think about CC.

I know this game is over and done with, but for some reason I missed this. I wasn`t paying attention to who was shaking hands after the game, but it really doesn`t surprise me to hear this.

It's been a few years, but he pulled that stunt twice against Greeneville First time in a very close victory and next time in a GHS win. Not Surprised. Congrats again JCo and Gut.

A few observations:

West has little talent and less heart. Theyquit last week and they quit this week in mid 4th qtr. Glad to see Wild show his true colors. Great job leading you team. When they need you, you throw over the heads of your receivers and when you do complete a pass and they fumble, you challenge the refs and get a 15 yrd penalty.......anybody can show class in victory.....few show class in losing

Jeff Co gutted it out....but we can still show a lot of improvement. The challenge is .....is JC content to beat West or will they challenge themselves to get better every week and make the playoffs ?

Did the PA system shut down in the 2nd half.....I don't remember hearing a single word over the PA ? Maybe the JC fans were just too loud.

I really hope you are kidding. Were you even at the game? Wild threw every pass on the money except for the few when no one was open in which he threw away. Should he try to force it or take a loss of a down. Shows that you have little knowledge of football by you saying that because i believe he threw it over the head of two covered receivers but maybe i am blind, but i do think that i remember him throwing a bomb down the field to a wide open receiver but they dropped it late in the 4th. And how do you know who the penalty was on? Did they announce it? Lastly how can you say whether a kid has class or not when you don't even know them???