South Fulton

Devil_Alumni

Word from the kids at school today is that Coach Wood "Retired" from coaching footballlook for centrals coach to retire as well, coach Wood is a great guy and ya gotta luv himbest wishes for him in the future.where can I find a playoff bracket with district 7 and 8 teams on them, There was one on this website at one time but i cant seem to locate it now?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word from the kids at school today is that Coach Wood "Retired" from coaching footballlook for centrals coach to retire as well, coach Wood is a great guy and ya gotta luv himbest wishes for him in the future.where can I find a playoff bracket with district 7 and 8 teams on them, There was one on this website at one time but i cant seem to locate it now?

there has been a bracket in the Jackson Sun several times...I bet there will be again this weekend

Best wishes to Coach Wood. He has been an asset to SF for many years. He has done a lot of things for the school that many people don't know about. He spent a lot of time at the school even on the off season.

What should we do about a new coach? I think we need new blood in the leadership of our team. I would like to see a young hard charging coach hired that has no ties to this area. I have heard it said that even though most schools in the state have two a day practices in the summer, it won't work at SF because the players would quit. If the boys don't have any more dedication than that, let them quit! I think we need a coach that doesn't know what can't be done at South Fulton. The new coach would make it clear, in no uncertain terms, that football is a team sport and when you commit to play on the team, you have an obligation to do whatever it takes to excel. If you would rather go on a vacation than play in a football game then don't play ball! I do think that our boys are made of stronger stuff than they have shown the last couple of years but they need to be encouraged by the coach.

I know for a fact that they do have a weight program at SF. I saw the paperwork for it and it was good on paper. I think that the some of the boys didn't fulfill their obligations to the team to attend the sessions. There should have been consequences for not doing the work.

If by insisting that the boys work hard and honor their commitment to the team we lose a lot of players, so be it. If we don't end up with enough players to play then we won't play. Maybe the boys that do want to play could go to Central.

OK, Fire away!

When they do bring in a new coach...im sure all the coaches will have new duties hopefully the whole staff should be changed up when the new coach steps in....and about two a days in the summer that will totally be up with the new coach and im sure that will be inforced. And my thought about bringing in a coach out of state would be a bad idea lets bring back the ole tradition to SF!!!! im sure you red devils know what im talking about

It is what it is and it will be interesting to seee what happens, I hope to see new blood,no assistant move up to head coach ,if that happens I feel it will be more of the same,? with a small school it is hard to reload the complete staff due to they teach as well. We will see how the ball bounces,in the meantime folks in the twin cities should be out supporting cross town rivals-Fulton Bulldogs, they are having a great drive into the playoffs and a huge game tonight vs Mayfield

It will interesting to see who South Fulton brings in....The Red Devils are not without facilities..New stadium,fieldhouse..ect...SF does have tradition.....

Believe me,a new coach will have two-a-days and they will have a legitimate spring practice and they will have a weight training program...The timing is good because they will have time to get a coach in so they could at least have a May spring practice....I would imagine some,if not all the current staff would remain....

Good Luck to the Red Devil program....

I certainly don't ever remember a Wood team making it within two games of a State Championship? The best I can recall them doing was the season they only lost two games (both to Bruceton) and I still don't think that they made it farther than round 2 of the playoffs that year.

I think Brent Wilson would be the best coach to take over and I don't think to hire him would signal "more of the same." After all, I believe he worked in some some pretty successful programs before coming to SF.

I certainly don't ever remember a Wood team making it within two games of a State Championship? The best I can recall them doing was the season they only lost two games (both to Bruceton) and I still don't think that they made it farther than round 2 of the playoffs that year.

I think Brent Wilson would be the best coach to take over and I don't think to hire him would signal "more of the same." After all, I believe he worked in some pretty successful programs before coming to SF.