Will Temple win a football game this year?

taydizzle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does assistant JV coach = free McCallie tuition?

From what I can find out, Coach Skogen asked the Mc Callie headmaster to just pay him what Joey's tuition would have been, roughly $18,000. He did not want to gouge them and get what the position was really worth! I think an old friend of Coach Skogens at Mc Callie negotiated things for him. Seems this friend is rumored to have had years of experience in these kinds of things as a former Temple coach!!!

From what I can find out, Coach Skogen asked the Mc Callie headmaster to just pay him what Joey's tuition would have been, roughly $18,000. He did not want to gouge them and get what the position was really worth! I think an old friend of Coach Skogens at Mc Callie negotiated things for him. Seems this friend is rumored to have had years of experience in these kinds of things as a former Temple coach!!!

Ha! Classic!

I guess this means that Coach Skogen is making a comeback from his self-imposed retirement!

I guess this means that Coach Skogen is making a comeback from his self-imposed retirement!

Skogen's statement that he quit coaching to spend more time with his church is kind of like Coach Templeton's (former TTU BB Coach) statement that he was quitting because of health problems, then a couple months later he accepted the Soddy Daisy head coaching job.

Their situations are totally different. Skogen said he was through coaching. He was going to take a long nap and spend more time at his church. Templeton is a career coach who without a doubt was going to keep coaching somewhere. Templeton was spending too much time for too little compensation at Temple. That would make anyone's health get bad!

Their situations are totally different. Skogen said he was through coaching. He was going to take a long nap and spend more time at his church. Templeton is a career coach who without a doubt was going to keep coaching somewhere. Templeton was spending too much time for too little compensation at Temple. That would make anyone's health get bad!

You're right that the situations were different, but they both gave an excuse for resigning that didnt' stick. Templeton said games were too stressfull for his medical condition, implying that he was done coaching. I'll guarantee that coaching in front of a packed house at Soddy will be more stressfull than coaching in front of 100 people at TTU. I think he gave that reason to cover up his real reason which was a bad situation at Temple. It was noble of him to not use the TFP to take a parting shot at Temple. But I think if he had just said something like "It's time for a change" it wouldn't have looked so silly when he took the Soddy job a couple months later.

Whether you like Temple or not, you have to agree that this is pretty funny!