Maryville @ Clinton

the1andonly13

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Riddler....you crack me up...If that happens, would anyone really care? Better yet, maybe Rebel/DragonRon will indeed be standing in the endzone and get hit by a wayward football....that would be KARMA at it's very best...

So I deserve to get hit in the head by a football because I said Darien Stone is going to be a good quarterback? This is funny. You sound like a bitter parent to me.

Maryville will not face a challenge until the State Championship game. 4-A Football in E. Tn. is very weak. Central is at the lowest point they have been since the mid 90's. West has some athletes but line play and depth will spell dome for the Rebels. Powell couldn't win big when they were loaded with D-I talent now the talent is gone 5-5 will be good for the Panthers. Halls has been average at best the past 10 years and the Red Devils will be about the same this year. But in a weak region average could be good enough to get a 2 seed. South Doyle is better and will be a threat for a play-off spot but in the end I look for them to fall short. L.C. isn't very good period. Maybe in a couple of years they will make some waves but not this year. Now for Clinton the next victim for the mighty Rebels. Clinton has good Coaching and a few good players but not enough to be any better than 6 in the Region. Maryville will have their way. They are by far the class of 4-A football in E Tn. They have Coaching, Talent , Depth ,and the advantage of being a 5-A school playing 4-A. Sprinkle in a couple of transfer and you have a dynasty. When they move up with the big boys where they belong and play with teams that can match their numbers they will be challenged. But until then Maryville will continue their domination of what has become a very weak Region. Clinton is just a small bump in the road as the Rebels steam roll to another state title.

Maryville as many as they want to score.

Clinton 7

RedandBlack63,

You don't think anyone left on Maryville's regular season schedule will even be a "challenge" for them?

As a fan, I always have trouble getting up for the game after Alcoa....fortunately for our boys they may not have to be too up for this one... the mighty mighty Red Rebels will roll again.

With regards to the 4A statements...yes, some teams really seem down this year. The usual rivals don't seem ready to prepare the Rebels for the playoffs in the way that they typically do. I guess we'll have to see how that affects us when we get out of the region. For a number of years now, Maryville has shown that they will beat whoever is on the field with them. I usually think battles with Central (and sometimes Powell, West, Alcoa, others) has prepared them, so I guess it's left to be seen how they'll fare in the playoffs if they've not had any tough games all season. But hey, right now it's only week 2...

RedandBlack63,

You don't think anyone left on Maryville's regular season schedule will even be a "challenge" for them?

Maybe William Blount. They have some talent, depth, and an excellent Head Coach. But not enough to take care of Maryville. They may be able to challenge the Rebels for a half but Maryville will pull away in the second half and play the backups at the end of the game. W.B. has the capability to get to the Boro but Maryville is just that good.

As a fan, I always have trouble getting up for the game after Alcoa....fortunately for our boys they may not have to be too up for this one... the mighty mighty Red Rebels will roll again.

With regards to the 4A statements...yes, some teams really seem down this year. The usual rivals don't seem ready to prepare the Rebels for the playoffs in the way that they typically do. I guess we'll have to see how that affects us when we get out of the region. For a number of years now, Maryville has shown that they will beat whoever is on the field with them. I usually think battles with Central (and sometimes Powell, West, Alcoa, others) has prepared them, so I guess it's left to be seen how they'll fare in the playoffs if they've not had any tough games all season. But hey, right now it's only week 2...

You talk about West, Powell, and Central as the teams that challenge Maryville in the Region. But who was the last Region foe to beat the Rebs? HALLS!

You talk about West, Powell, and Central as the teams that challenge Maryville in the Region. But who was the last Region foe to beat the Rebs? HALLS!

Wow? Seriously? I was genuinely unaware of that...what year was it? where was the game? do you remember the score?

ps - I know that you don't know me, so please realize that I am asking an honest question here and not being sarcastic...

One of my favorite parts of High School football is simply watching peoples behavior. Its a game that you practice all year long and for what? 10 or 11 games, maybe one or two more if you're lucky or from Maryville. What's the pay back? Pride, self discipline, conditioning, team work, what????? Let's be honest, teams like Maryville are expected to win. They have the best athletes, the best coaches and a system that functions very well around them. Do I think GQ is a good coach, yes I do but if he had the kids from Clinton, with Clintons AD and Clintons assistant coaches, could he still be a state contender???? To me, football is a reflection of society as a whole. People who gripe the loudest often get front page press. I won't give examples of those groups but for those of you who understand, you probably aren't one of them. If you think I'm way off in left field with that statement, well, well, somebody else explain it too them. Clintons problems have many deep roots. Way way way to many to turn the program around and in to a contender. Let's all be honest here, Powell is down, West is 0-2, Central 0-2, Halls hasn't been very strong by their standards as of late, South Doyle is improving and LC isn't very good (they are the Clinton of Loudon county). Its the perfect storm that Clinton needs to gain back some respect and have the ability to win more that two games. Could it happen, yes, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. It won't matter if two of its wins are against Campbell County and Lenior City. 3 stinking wins...and Clinton fans will be declaring a turn around in the program. Why would any parent in their right mind fight so hard to get their kid playing time, donate their hard earned money to the program, have to deal with a brain dead AD, and do it all for a chance to win 3 stinking ball games. I HAVE NO EARTHLY IDEA! It all takes me back to my first question, why do kids play football? Maybe I should re-phrase that this question, "WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL AT CLINTON?"

Good luck to all and for those kids who play it for the love of the game, wins and losses don't really matter, therefore enjoy your time in the trenches.