Alcoa's Sommers out for Year!

F5HallOfFamer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" there has been some rubbing for a short while now."

Now that's a good way to put it.

This year should have been Brian Summer's "show what I can do" year.

You can not live off what you did the last three years. Especially with scouts in the stands.

Brian Summer had very explosive speed his Sophomore Year. I saw it at times last year and I never saw that speed this year?

If this is true, talk about a BIG blow to your "blue chip" stock!

I have it on good authority that he is gone for the year from football, maybe from school as well. He messes up but I hope it serves as a lesson to the Alcoa team and they keep what they have going. He has not been a factor yet this year and they have done good. Sommers is gone for the year and I will be surprised if he still finds a college to get him. The source I have it from has not been wrong yet, I heard about the storm brewing before now and I hoped he would be smart. What he did is of no importance now, what is done is done. Alcoa must now look at the year ahead. I hope he learns a lesson from all of this. It is very unfortunate.

Heard from a great source that Alco's best DB was kicked out of school and off the team for the rest of the season for reasons I won't get into. Someone help me out on this one, is it true? and how long is he out?? How bad will this hurt Alcoa if he is gone for the year???

They will be fine without him. You could tell something was going with him at the Maryville game. Just a chance for some more young guys to play.

"What he did is of no importance now, what is done is done. Alcoa must now look at the year ahead. I hope he learns a lesson from all of this. It is very unfortunate."

Great post, mcwrestler. you're exactly right. I think Alcoa's going to be okay without him. It is very unfortunate for him personally. Alcoa will move on; I don't think it will affect the team much.

Hopefully the other students will get the message that that behavior will not be tolerated at Alcoa, no matter who you are.

I hate to hear it for this young lad. He definately had a bright future. Maybe if he proves himself, he can get a second chance.

According to the quote from the Coach, he will never be playing for Alcoa again, and if the amount of what he had is what the article made it sound like hes gonna be out of school for a year, they wont arrest you for a little pot, he had to have alot to get a warrant and a police dog to come out and search him.

According to the quote from the Coach, he will never be playing for Alcoa again, and if the amount of what he had is what the article made it sound like hes gonna be out of school for a year, they wont arrest you for a little pot, he had to have alot to get a warrant and a police dog to come out and search him.

Well there was no warrant, because once a car or any item you own is brought onto school campus, it is subject for search, and thep olice dog was already there. at alcoa they have 4 to 5 random searches throughout the school and parking lot with the drug dogs, this just happened to be his unlucky day though