Alcoa's Sommers out for Year!

F5HallOfFamer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa will move on without him. Overall shouldn't hurt to bad thye have some nice young players that will step up. I hope he learns something from this. This is could have a big effect on life good or bad. That is up to him. Choices are made everyday and soemtimes they are life changing choices. I hope the team pulls together and moves on, I hope he finds the help he is going to need to move on with his life.

all im saying is that no1 needs to give there approval of his being caught. ... OK, so he got caught and he screwed up. thats on him, why do certain people feel that they are some important figure of football, and that they must be heard. Do you thnk if you get on here and talk about it and how "he needed guidance", or " he had guidance, it was his own fault", that it will make it better. Who cares, thats on him and i feel bad that it happened to him, or in essence that he did it to his self, but its his problem. Therefore there is no need for anyone to be on here talking about it,its over and done. This is about football, not individual players and their lifestyles. Like the NFL said about Michael Vick. "The NFL has done their part, now we are worried about the 2007 season." this is his personal business.

He will probably wind up at Karns, but he will not be eligible to play football there. Maybe he can be eligible for the second semester and play basketball. I hate this for him, but for Alcoa we must move forward.

The news article listed him with a Knoxville home address. Whats up with that?

I've seen it at all levels. HS, College and in the Military. Young talented men kissing away opportunities that their God Given Gifts have given them to excel.

SAD!

There was a young man from my HS team that won a scholarship to MTSU and was kicked off for stealing hubcaps.

Last year in wrestling one of the top senior kids in the state came up hot on a drug test and kissed his senior year goodbye and an opportunity to achieve his dream of winning State.

When will these young men learn! It's not worth it!

I am not condoning what the kid did, but there should be room for second chances. I played football for White House from 98-01, and had something similiar happen to myself. I had been out partying one weekend my junior year after a football game with some people I should not have, and did some things I should not have and I got caught. Well that Monday morning Coach Porter called me into his office and let me know he knew what had happened and that I should explain myself. Well I told him the truth about everything. I mean about drugs, drinking, etc. I had started on the football team since my sophomore season and I also played a important role on the football team as far as leadership. More than anything football played an important role in my life. To be honest it was the reason I kept my grades up and up until that point tried to stay out of trouble. Anyways he said that he would let me know his decision after practice whether I could stay part of the football team or not. I met with him and he said he would give me a second chance under a couple of circumstances. 1. Do not continue hanging out with the people I had been hanging out with. 2. I would be suspended for one game. 3. I would have to meet every morning at 5:30 A.M. and do conditioning. He said that if I would do those things I could get a second chance. If anyone of those things were broken then I was gone. It was the best thing that could have happen to me. I straighted my life up and finished playing at WH and enjoyed every minute of it. Not only that if I would have just been kicked off the team, then there is no telling what would have happened to me. I could have went down the wrong path with no guidance. Luckily Coach Porter believed in second chances. I do believe this is a case by case scenario though. Brian may have already have had his second chance and if that is the case it is understandable.

all im saying is that no1 needs to give there approval of his being caught. ... OK, so he got caught and he screwed up. thats on him, why do certain people feel that they are some important figure of football, and that they must be heard. Do you thnk if you get on here and talk about it and how "he needed guidance", or " he had guidance, it was his own fault", that it will make it better. Who cares, thats on him and i feel bad that it happened to him, or in essence that he did it to his self, but its his problem. Therefore there is no need for anyone to be on here talking about it,its over and done. This is about football, not individual players and their lifestyles. Like the NFL said about Michael Vick. "The NFL has done their part, now we are worried about the 2007 season." this is his personal business.

No it won't help him and it is his issue to deal with but maybe it will help someone else's kid that might be reading this. You can hide and get away with it for a while but sooner or later it could, and usually will, catch up with you. Then you will pay the consequences. Hopefully this kid will get another chance and make the right choices in the future. That way everyone wins.