Ridgeland GA Fight

Rhea Co.

Well I think it is still to early to know for sure, No one knows for sure who through the first punch etc ...., Also does anyone know the names of the other alleged players involved, Third, I heard that even if they did get arrested and charges brought upon the players the school is not required to take any action against the players since it was not school related (Not saying they won't or shouldn't pending the truth of the situation).

Isn't there an old say, "If you go looking for trouble, you'll find it."

I'm not saying they did it all from the beginning, details aren't on paper for sure, but it sounds like the group went in looking to act like idiots, caused some trouble, and even if they didn't throw the first punch......you don't go and call things to someones face and not expect anything to happen.

As for the third part..........I don't know. If it were someone on the team I support who did that.........I would have to wonder if they would stay on the team because the type of trouble and embarrassment that it causes would have me wanting them off the team. Football players seem to forget that they represent the community they play for, and I would not want people like that representing my community.

That said, I look forward to a full account of what happened.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they went as a group that was basically composed of FB players and the Admin. of the other 2 schools knew who they represented they are considered from their respective school. Also people are usually unaware that school admin. don't like to deal with negative events that are community related, but if it affects the demeanor, reputation or decorum of a school they may. Also judges don't care who threw the 1st punch if it was about 10 to two.

Bottom line you go to watch a FB game, you go not to be seen. They broke that unwritten rule. By the way it will be a Ga. Judge.

I'm sure there are some very frustrated FB coaches, principals and parents in Ooltewah this morning.

If they went as a group that was basically composed of FB players and the Admin. of the other 2 schools knew who they represented they are considered from their respective school. Also people are usually unaware that school admin. don't like to deal with negative events that are community related, but if it affects the demeanor, reputation or decorum of a school they may. Also judges don't care who threw the 1st punch if it was about 10 to two.

Bottom line you go to watch a FB game, you go not to be seen. They broke that unwritten rule. By the way it will be a Ga. Judge.

I'm sure there are some very frustrated FB coaches, principals and parents in Ooltewah this morning.

So are these young Owls that are involved enough to make a differance in the owls season?

Well I think it is still to early to know for sure, No one knows for sure who through the first punch etc ...., Also does anyone know the names of the other alleged players involved, Third, I heard that even if they did get arrested and charges brought upon the players the school is not required to take any action against the players since it was not school related (Not saying they won't or shouldn't pending the truth of the situation).

first of all did ya ll see some of the ones on the Stump on Sports Show from Ooltewah? There was some upset fans of Ooltewah watching there FB team act like inmature middle schoolers(not all of them just a couple) they also had some kids on there acting like they were very mature college kids. it doesn t matter who threw the first punch at all and not even that there was a fight it matters that, (if true 10 KIDS) jumped on one kid thats the problem, thats nothing but a bunch of punks, thugs and low down scum. the only way there going to get in trouble is if the parents press charges and i would only if it was 2 or more against 1, if the kid got whipped 1 on 1 then so be it, thats teenage boys for you. the school is not required to take action for it but i would most definatly have GOOD SIT DOWN with the whole team and parents and lay down the law!!!!!!!!!!

First of all: 90% of the people on here wasn't there!!!..,and so what if somebody got into a fight..,..the problem is, if all these ooltewah kids jumped on 1 or 2 other kids,I personally have been around crap like this all my life and i don't care what anybody says young boys will get into a fight sooner or later,but IF,I mean IF,they all jumped on this kid and his sister,then they all need thier ######,whipped!!! I can't stand a bunch of punks!!,this is one of those things,were most of us men wish we were 17,again!!!!!..one last thing I don't think for one minute Brian Marshall,sucker punched anybody or did anything violent,unless,somebody jumped on him,he is not like that at all! He is a big name,so everybody is jumping on him,cause of his popularity..,but there are a couple of idiots that everybody in owl country knows that if they were there,probably had something to do with it!! I hope all this gets cleared up and any one injured will be alright,but until the police say something,nobody can say anything with 100% certiany. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

First of all: 90% of the people on here wasn't there!!!..,and so what if somebody got into a fight..,..the problem is, if all these ooltewah kids jumped on 1 or 2 other kids,I personally have been around crap like this all my life and i don't care what anybody says young boys will get into a fight sooner or later,but IF,I mean IF,they all jumped on this kid and his sister,then they all need thier ######,whipped!!! I can't stand a bunch of punks!!,this is one of those things,were most of us men wish we were 17,again!!!!!..one last thing I don't think for one minute Brian Marshall,sucker punched anybody or did anything violent,unless,somebody jumped on him,he is not like that at all! He is a big name,so everybody is jumping on him,cause of his popularity..,but there are a couple of idiots that everybody in owl country knows that if they were there,probably had something to do with it!! I hope all this gets cleared up and any one injured will be alright,but until the police say something,nobody can say anything with 100% certiany. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Have we not learned from the NFL? If, we allow kids in HS to participate after altercations of this magnitude, where will it end. It is my belief that each of these kids involved should not be allowed to play FB, period. Now some of you are advid Owl fans and care more about winning than morals which is why this may have happen in the first place. Just my opinion!

Have we not learned from the NFL? If, we allow kids in HS to participate after altercations of this magnitude, where will it end. It is my belief that each of these kids involved should not be allowed to play FB, period. Now some of you are advid Owl fans and care more about winning than morals which is why this may have happen in the first place. Just my opinion!

Please don't put the community down because of a couple of kids. Everything is just rumors right now. Nothing has been done as of now. I'm sure these kids were in the wrong but don't make comments about how us Ooltewah people care more about winning that morals..

Ooltewah doesn't play Ridgeland... so there is no rivalry. Let's get all the facts before we snap to judgement.

i dunno if all this is true or what but the only reason ppl are makin a big deal out of this is becasue ooltewah is the best team in the area so when someone from ooltewah does somethin bad its all over the news no body cares what someone does at others schools cuz there not as talented so bottom line get off ooltewah just cuz were good dont be hatin and i heard some hood rat sucker punched brian "the fastest man alive" marshall then brian did the heisman on dat ho so basically he was just reppin for the double o....and we do have some thugs but who cares what they do off the field were all about them W's

Wow, and to think we both speak the English language. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I think?

Anyway, IF these young men did this...IF this is true, they should not be allowed to represent their school this year in any capacity. I don't care if you are 0-10 or 10-0, this is not how human beings should act toward each other. It's not all about the "W's" as you put it. It just a game that occurs a few times each year when you are supposed to be getting an education. It's all about the A's, and the B's. You know, get an education, get a job, and contribute to society in some way. But, from reading your post you are going to think that's a dumb idea.

Your opinion is so stupid,if you are referring to my comments!!!!! I never said,I care about winning, and i have morales idiot!!!!,you don't know me or anybody from ooltewah(sounds like),because nobody from ooltewah would except this behavior!!!! READ my comments again,I would love to get my hands the ones that did something(if they were in the wrong),I'm not going to sit here and try and explain myself or the ooltewah community,or anybody else,we don't act this way,so any and everybody quit jumping to conclusions,until somebody releases something OFFICAL!!!!!