Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

I never have posted on here be4 but i frequently check out the boards to see what kind of topics are goin on involved with DB football and finally i felt it was time 4 me to voice my opinion. We all knew this was going to be a different year then what we're use to, especially since this years senior class is slim with physical talent at the skill positions and the fact that we scheduled a tough WB team instead of beatin up on South is a couple small reasons we are 1-3 right now. But what is killin us right now is clarks poor playcallin and the fact that he would rather have his seniors out there playin the whole game instead of subin in some of the more talented juniors, and yes they are more talented ( just go back and look at the freshmen football records, that will tell u if u have a decent class of athletes or not). Any way we are somethin like 30% passin right now with a pocket passin QB runnin the offense. Now thats just not gonna cut it, maybe u can win with a scrambler in there with that kinda completion percentage but not with some1 who is just gonna sit in the pocket and take a sack or just throw up prayers. Im not cuttin down Ring, but the fact of the matter is Jamie should be in there QB especially if we are running the option like clark is wantin to, and there is not much difference in bartts throwin ability than crawfords, maybe a lil more zip on the out routes but Jamie has him beat in accuracy and also has the potential to take the snap from center to the house since he is one of the fastest ones on the team. Also he has won alot of ballgames throughout the years, may i remind you Jamie, Justin and several from the junior class lead Robinson to its only undefeated season ever, then won every game freshmen & JV. So then whats the deal, why are we struggling so bad??? Srupley obviously hasnt seen jamie play QB, neither has alot of ppl but they feel bartt is the better QB because clark has him out there WRONG!!! Politics is always power in this town, and it always will be. If we want to win ball games we have to score points and we cant do that unless we have atleast a. passing attack or b. a running attack, if u actually wanna win games, you MUST put the best players out there for the right positions regardless of class. P.S. R Wagner we need u up in the pressbox callin plays desperately /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba I think everybody has his own opinion but Jamie and Bart are not the same QB.When Crawford is in it seems the offense is running at a faster tempo.Bart has not passed with any authority.There are receivers open all the time ,he does'nt see them.The passes he threw last night were not even close.The receiver became the defender.Not trying to down anybody but the offense is not clicking as one machine.Too much wasted effort going on.Coach Clark as you say has the say.But you are kidding yourself if you think we will get any better on offense untill some major changes occur.I thought Mr.Crazy was (crazy) but he is rite on with some of his statements.You seem to be shooting the gun to beat everybody to start the threads maybe you ought to give it a break.After all you have long been gone from DB and didn't play football.I know you are a DB fan and so am I.It hurts when you know that we are better than that.Truth is we should have won all the games so far.Deep down you know that too!

I haven't seen enough of Jamie at the quarterback position to say he's all around better than Bart. I agree with you it moves at a quicker pace...on the ground. I've attended the games, home and away, not sure I've seen Jamie have a pass attempt. With saying Bart is the better passer, I say that on potential alone. Call me crazy, your entitled to it...I did say 'in my opinion' in which I'm entitled to as well. Deep down I do believe we could be 4-0. I also agree that major changes need to occur for progress to be made on offense, just not sure its at the quarterback position yet. We spectators are always the first to judge. Don't know who you are, it's easier when you know the poster.

On the other hand, I never knew being graduated from a high school or not participating in the sport I start topics for was a stipulation to starting those topics. If being a former/current football player at the respective institution was that requirement, half the members of this forum would not be allowed. I'm a fan, I have my opinions, I can state them. As can you. I check the scores on this website before I do my online homework on Saturday mornings, so sorry I'm up and starting my day by 11:00am. I won't apologize for caring about my community school, maybe I care about Kingsport too much. Thats mine. I started this thread to facilitate opinions on the game, and I appreciate yours. Keep them coming.

I never have posted on here be4 but i frequently check out the boards to see what kind of topics are goin on involved with DB football and finally i felt it was time 4 me to voice my opinion. We all knew this was going to be a different year then what we're use to, especially since this years senior class is slim with physical talent at the skill positions and the fact that we scheduled a tough WB team instead of beatin up on South is a couple small reasons we are 1-3 right now. But what is killin us right now is clarks poor playcallin and the fact that he would rather have his seniors out there playin the whole game instead of subin in some of the more talented juniors, and yes they are more talented ( just go back and look at the freshmen football records, that will tell u if u have a decent class of athletes or not). Any way we are somethin like 30% passin right now with a pocket passin QB runnin the offense. Now thats just not gonna cut it, maybe u can win with a scrambler in there with that kinda completion percentage but not with some1 who is just gonna sit in the pocket and take a sack or just throw up prayers. Im not cuttin down Ring, but the fact of the matter is Jamie should be in there QB especially if we are running the option like clark is wantin to, and there is not much difference in bartts throwin ability than crawfords, maybe a lil more zip on the out routes but Jamie has him beat in accuracy and also has the potential to take the snap from center to the house since he is one of the fastest ones on the team. Also he has won alot of ballgames throughout the years, may i remind you Jamie, Justin and several from the junior class lead Robinson to its only undefeated season ever, then won every game freshmen & JV. So then whats the deal, why are we struggling so bad??? Srupley obviously hasnt seen jamie play QB, neither has alot of ppl but they feel bartt is the better QB because clark has him out there WRONG!!! Politics is always power in this town, and it always will be. If we want to win ball games we have to score points and we cant do that unless we have atleast a. passing attack or b. a running attack, if u actually wanna win games, you MUST put the best players out there for the right positions regardless of class. P.S. R Wagner we need u up in the pressbox callin plays desperately /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Your right, haven't seen much of Jamie at quarterback. I haven't seen many of the other talented juniors for that matter. I don't say that with ill intentions, I just seriously haven't seen them physically play. I'll be the first to tell you. I'll admit when I'm wrong, just have to see it to believe it. Jamie, love the kid, watched him grow while playing ball with his brother. Don't have any doubt in his ability. If there is a change, I'd say it would occur during the Elizabethton week. Pulling the regular quarterback during a conference game week might be too much for this week.

I've seen a lot of post on how we need to play more 11th graders and I've seen post on making a change at QB. If GC leaves things along or makes a change, we will win some games because the teams upcoming are not the teams we just played.I think it would be like the gators last year using {Tim T} in some places on the field, a good thing. JC needs the playing time at QB,but you don't have to slap the senior down.On the other hand we had a senior go in at LB last night for a 10th grader and he responded with two straight plays, the 10th grader didn't come back out again. The coaches make the calls and sometimes we like it and other times won't agree,just like agreeing with our wives all the time.I'd like to see more young guys on special teams. I've seen some 10th and 11th graders that don't play run over starters with huge hits,it's like the same names is all that can be called upon.You can give some of those starters a rest, because I know for a fact there are a lot of kids that can hit harder on one or two special teams play then some of the names { that weigh 150-60-70- pounds} you hear talked up on the air ways and in the newspaper. I thank if we can work out a few things on the O and learn to hang onto the ball, we will be a very good team in the next few weeks.

Way to support your school DBstudent and it doesnt matter what happened last night offensively or defensively, Coach Clark is an outstanding coach and has everything under control same goes for coach watson on the defensive side of the ball. DB's offense will pull it together and the defense will continue to play hard. Roll Tribe Roll.

You must be Rings mom or on the QB club.Like one poster said on this thread politics is apparent in Kgspt. The year is going to be gone and over before you know it .Clark needs to go over to Lynn Garden Pee Wee Football League and take a few lessons on play calling .R.Wagner needs to be calling the plays.He was a great QB at DB and that should go a long way.IMO He also knows which players can compete.

You guys that think that coach Clark is not doing everthing possible to win are just wrong. Crawford had every chance to win the job and then some. (did you see the Maryville scrimmage...Crawford got every snap after the first drive) Still gets that chance every week in practice. He does give us big play potential but he also has "0" game management ability. When Crawford learns the plays, figures out where to line up, involves his team mates, quits the turnovers and the picks, reads the option instead of making up his mind before the snap, and generally can take charge on the field, he will play. He is the favored one of the two that Coach Clark knows gives us an expolsive demention at QB...but he either can't or won't get it done. Its not politics...its not favorites...its not senior class... its ALL ABOUT BEING ABLE TO RUN A PLAY TO THE SIDE OF THE FIELD THAT THE PLAY IS CALLED TO!

true...DB's offense has to pick it up if they want to go anywhere in the playoffs this year...the defense has held them in the games so far this season..

Well then i'm back and let me start of by saying, I think DB is doing better then expected this year, maybe not up to par where we would have them but doing well and as said earlier a change on Off. away from getting there. Who here has watched a DB JV Game? These WR's on Varsity need to step up or step off. I have seen atleast two very good JV WR's that need to be out there this friday on. Politics or no politics something needs to change. Step up play some new Wideouts give Crawford a chance and those of you who have followed this Jr. class no good and well he is GREAT at QB and deserves a shot.....i'm done for now anyway.............DB31 JC6

Roll Tribe Roll

You guys that think that coach Clark is not doing everthing possible to win are just wrong. Crawford had every chance to win the job and then some. (did you see the Maryville scrimmage...Crawford got every snap after the first drive) Still gets that chance every week in practice. He does give us big play potential but he also has "0" game management ability. When Crawford learns the plays, figures out where to line up, involves his team mates, quits the turnovers and the picks, reads the option instead of making up his mind before the snap, and generally can take charge on the field, he will play. He is the favored one of the two that Coach Clark knows gives us an expolsive demention at QB...but he either can't or won't get it done. Its not politics...its not favorites...its not senior class... its ALL ABOUT BEING ABLE TO RUN A PLAY TO THE SIDE OF THE FIELD THAT THE PLAY IS CALLED TO!

We were at the Maryville scrimmage and all I saw was #10 completing passes across the middle and deep.As far as game management you must be refering to Ring because anybody can see that he has none.Wastes to much time losing yards.As far as learning the plays it looks like all the players arewearing wrist bands with the plays on them.Involving teams mates?Where is that coming from?If he was really the favored one than he should be the QB period.Maybe his parents are not involved with theQB club or in the click.I have watched a bunch of the younger kids play and there are some talented kids that are standing on the sidelines.Unless you are a coach and know for sure that the play was run to the wrong side of the field maybe you could help Clark out.I think Roop could also QB.He is good. # 10 is going to play anyway ,he is too good of an athlete.

Well then i'm back and let me start of by saying, I think DB is doing better then expected this year, maybe not up to par where we would have them but doing well and as said earlier a change on Off. away from getting there. Who here has watched a DB JV Game? These WR's on Varsity need to step up or step off. I have seen atleast two very good JV WR's that need to be out there this friday on. Politics or no politics something needs to change. Step up play some new Wideouts give Crawford a chance and those of you who have followed this Jr. class no good and well he is GREAT at QB and deserves a shot.....i'm done for now anyway.............DB31 JC6

Roll Tribe Roll

The jv has a bunch of kids that could help on special teams, but they don't get half the coaching the varsity gets,as far as being ready to play on the "O'' or ''D''.It's not their doing, the time is put at the other end during the week,but they could really help get some people rested on special teams until they get the coaching next year.

First off let me start by saying this, I have not posted much on here, but the past couple of threads I have been on the other posts have been rediculous. One thing that has ticked me off is how everyone here lately has been praising and bashing players that are on the same team. I have yet to use the kids names that play on the football team in my posts and will refrain myself from doing that. If you people don't think that these kids don't get on the website and read what is posted being posted than that is just assanine. So for everyone that posts on these websites why don't you try not to use kids (yes they are KIDS) names'.

Now the other thing that ticks me off worse than any thing is all the talk about Coach Clark. For all you morons out there that think he is the problem you couldn't be more wrong. Overall as far as DB football goes I don't think anyone can deny that the talent pool at this moment is not as good as it has been in the past. This is not the kids fault, not the coaches fault, not the QB Club's fault, not the political people in the community's fault either. Any public high school program goes through this in all sports, and before anybody replies "Yes I am still waiting on Maryville's dry spell to happen". All the coaches at DB right now are there for a reason, because they are the best there is to offer in this area. Regardless of posters opinions I have heard it and seen it written a number of times that DB's football coaching staff is the best staff bar none in TN. Having played for the coaching staff (even though it is the only high school coaching staff I ever played for) I would have to agree. Coach Clark and all the other coaches put the kids out there that put the team in the best possible opportunity to win, WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT. If they are no changes being made than it is for a reason.

And as for play calling, that is what it is... PLAY CALLING. Not PLAYING. The coaches cannot go out and play the ball game for the kids, sometimes the plays are not executed the way they are supposed to be.

The point I would like everyone to take from this post is "Let's stop bashing the players, coaches, and the program and get behind them".