Knox West v. Halls

KnoxWest#63

how do you get west finishing 2nd in region??? Does anybody know what the tie breaker is for a 3-way tie??? it used to be overall record, is it still that way now??? if so, since central and west are now looking at finishing 6-4 (assuming west will beat central) and halls will finish 7-3. so would that not put halls 2nd, west 3rd, and central 4th??? and if west loses to central that would put central 2nd, halls 3rd, and west 4th??? am i right on that one? plz somebody correct me if i am wrong. (this is assuming none of these teams upset maryville, and that southdoyle, powell, or clinton does not upset any of the other top 3 teams)

First, Reddevilfever, don't let your fever make you say things about a very good quarterback in Ryan. You usually have great insight but occasionally your attempts to raise eyebrows really make me question your knowledge of the game.

Second, this could be a very wild season for determining playoff seeds. I think Clinton and South Doyle are very capable of pulling off some big wins. I can't even begin to put someone into a seed besides Maryville. I am not prepared to count anyone out except for Lenoir City. So fasten your belt and enjoy the ride.

Third, sx123, You list Halls at 7-3 in you hypothetical situation. Does this mean you expect Halls to lose this week to Bearden. Just wondering. Maybe that will come up on another thread.

On a final note, I was surprised to see so few in the following of West fans. The ones I spoke to said that they don't usually have many fans travel. Also, I thought the players, coaches and fans that were present handled a tough loss with loads of class. The game didn't seem to have any trash talking or cheap shots. It was just a great football game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, Reddevilfever, don't let your fever make you say things about a very good quarterback in Ryan. You usually have great insight but occasionally your attempts to raise eyebrows really make me question your knowledge of the game.

Second, this could be a very wild season for determining playoff seeds. I think Clinton and South Doyle are very capable of pulling off some big wins. I can't even begin to put someone into a seed besides Maryville. I am not prepared to count anyone out except for Lenoir City. So fasten your belt and enjoy the ride.

Third, sx123, You list Halls at 7-3 in you hypothetical situation. Does this mean you expect Halls to lose this week to Bearden. Just wondering. Maybe that will come up on another thread.

On a final note, I was surprised to see so few in the following of West fans. The ones I spoke to said that they don't usually have many fans travel. Also, I thought the players, coaches and fans that were present handled a tough loss with loads of class. The game didn't seem to have any trash talking or cheap shots. It was just a great football game.

fairplay2121 that was a little tongue in cheek as far as Ryan goes. You know "sarcasm".

West was exposed for what they are. A very good offensive team that struggles on defense. They obviously can't stop the run. Combine that with a tendency to turn the ball over and you have a team that will be lucky to make the play-offs. Central will have a healthy Wilson for West. West can't stop the run. Translation. Central will take this one. Maryville: West has no chance. Powell will be a threat because they will ring up big numbers on the Rebels as well. West better hope for S.D., L.C., and Clinton to pull off some upsets. That will be their only chance to secure a play-off spot.

As far as Halls we could be upset. Anything is possible just like last night. We have to take it one game at a time.

West has some unbelievable talent as I have said before, but their defensive line was exposed for close to 500 yards rushing. This isn't good and expect Central to expose this with Wilson, Mills, & McMillian. The Central game will be the key for West now. Will the air attack score enough to stop the Bobcats run offense. It's a toss up now in my mind.

If Halls beats Bearden this week I see this team coming together and having one of those special seasons.

A second hats off to Halls after the first half. In reality West never stopped us we just stopped ourselves by kicking field goals instead of touchdowns. I watched the friday night hits on channel 6 and the best shot was Chad Davis with the crutches having a blast. That my friend is special and what high school football is all about.

Da da da...da-da GO BIG RED!!!

West was exposed for what they are. A very good offensive team that struggles on defense. They obviously can't stop the run. Combine that with a tendency to turn the ball over and you have a team that will be lucky to make the play-offs. Central will have a healthy Wilson for West. West can't stop the run. Translation. Central will take this one. Maryville: West has no chance. Powell will be a threat because they will ring up big numbers on the Rebels as well. West better hope for S.D., L.C., and Clinton to pull off some upsets. That will be their only chance to secure a play-off spot.

Your points are valid about the West defense. But understand also that Halls did most of the damage between the tackles before breaking free. Central likes the option and the sweeps. (at least against Halls) West isn't slow. It will be interesting to see in Central has similar success. Good Luck.

Not that it would be a huge upset at all; however, I am now picking Halls to win this game, and here is why. It is usually about this time of the season when things start "clicking" for the type of offnese that Halls runs. I believe that the first series of the second half against Central was a sign of things to come for the Red Devils. Halls' OL should be able to control the line of scrimmage. The key will be picking up the stunts, twists, and run blitzes that West will deploy. Halls has three very good LBs, led by #22, Will Coley; however, the DL, IMO is still suspect, and to the extent that Caleb Leonard and the rest can get to the LB, will be to the extent to which Halls can run the ball and control the clock.

Halls must not panick if West scores early. Easier said than done when Halls runs an offense that is not designed to play catch up. Halls must stay with their game plan, utilize bubble/slip screens, and stretch the field occasionally with Dayton, all while eating up time. Halls will probably need to take some risks; a fake punt, onside kick, trick play, etc.

West is a very aggressive offense, that can be explosive and, put a lot of points up quickly. I have also seen them seem to get frustrated offensively, and make mistakes going for the big play. Sacks and interceptions will be available. Halls must, and I mean must contain the return game of West. That is the biggest concern I would have. I think it might be about time for Halls to put it all together. Kitts can break tackles. Halls 24, West 21.

ruse?

Hey ZCAR, Fairplay2121, etc.

Thought it was about time for Julian's offense to kick in. Like I said, Kitts can break tackles. Good luck, keep the faith.

ruse?

Ruse you hit the nail on the head. Kitts had the time of his life the other night as did all the Red Devil fans, players & coaches.

You just never know what could happen when momentum changes. South Doyle found that out also against Clinton. This Region is very competitive this year. Maryville remains the consistent dynasty. But West, Central, Halls and Powell have a shot as being #2 behind them. A couple of upsets here and there and the whole Region could be reaarrainged from last year. Both Clinton & SD have the ability to catch a team down or licking its wounds and come up with a big W. Makes the rest of the season that much more interesting for everyone.

Ruse you hit the nail on the head. Kitts had the time of his life the other night as did all the Red Devil fans, players & coaches.

You just never know what could happen when momentum changes. South Doyle found that out also against Clinton. This Region is very competitive this year. Maryville remains the consistent dynasty. But West, Central, Halls and Powell have a shot as being #2 behind them. A couple of upsets here and there and the whole Region could be reaarrainged from last year. Both Clinton & SD have the ability to catch a team down or licking its wounds and come up with a big W. Makes the rest of the season that much more interesting for everyone.

ZCAR.

No offense to anyone; however. based on what I have seen thus far, Powell is not there just yet. Maybe I am wrong, and it certainly won't be the first time, but IMO, this is a Halls, Central, West race. That is obviously in no particular order.

ruse?

Well I haven't watched Powell this year but I am surprised they have performed well with their new QB and attacking defense. So I was throwing them in there because for some reason they give Halls fits when we play them and they seem to be a step a head of Clinton & South Doyle at the moment. Curious that it may come down to the last game of the season when West visits the Bobcats. I am actually seeing the Bobcats good money for this one now.