Hampton Vs. Creekers

longhairdontcare

Great job by the whole Bulldog team, Thats the Hampton team I like to see.As Iexpected ,Hampton not only had the better offense ,they also have a much better defense. This one is over ,get the feel good out of your system and go back to work, Don't look at the schedule ,prepare to play the Colts. Its not about how good the other team is ,the key is being the best you can be EVERY WEEK, Gottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttturrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogfather, you can't be serious. Last Sunday, a big picture of the Bulldogs on the front and story as the feature. Today, big picture of Milhorn running wild from last year. Probably a big front page story on Sunday's Star. Five of the six pickers picked the 'Dogs and you say Hampton doesn't get any respect from the Star? They've been on the front of the Star three times as much as they have in the Press. We're also the only paper in the area giving Hampton a FIRST PLACE vote in the AP poll each week. No respect?

Some random thoughts, since I haven't posted in a long time.... (probably my last one till playoffs)

Pujo - did Little J like his pic in the paper the other day? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Tell the boys I'm going to be covering them when they play Elizabethton next week and take on the Lil' Boss Grindstaff and that squad.

By the way Hampton fans, the Tennessee High-Unicoi score is misleading. It was a 10-6 ballgame into the fourth quarter - then the Devils wore down. Hampton may not have played its best last week, but they also played a darn good ballteam. I think Unicoi showed that tonight. I may not be covering the Dogs this year, but I still keep a close watch on things down there and things are looking good. Heck, I'm covering EHS this year and I've still got that pic below... lol.

And, given the way Happy Valley beat Gatlinburg-Pittman tonight, I think we have some good football in this county. Big win by the Warriors. That was the upset of the night in my opinion, other than Scott Rider's Volunteer team beating Boone, who waxed Greeneville, who waxed Sullivan South. I think the 'Dogs would be playing for first in either of the 4-A leagues this year. I felt the same way last year.

Mark my words, there will be another big upset by one of the five county schools next week too, I'm calling it now... we'll leave the guessing for another thread.

Thanks Wes for all the info and we were proud of the picture. I know you are behind the Bulldogs and we appreciate it, wish you were covering us this year.

I've been keeping an eye on that Happy Valley bunch ,They look pretty tough to me.Carter Co should be proud of them tonight.

good job dogs

that qb/punter was horrible

I was laughing at the first punt and second, why didnt they touch it down atleast?

and they ran that guy in motion and toss to him about 89 times, maybe gained more than 5 yards once or twice

hopefully the dogs will keep improving every week like last years, GO HAMPTON

Dogfather, you can't be serious. Last Sunday, a big picture of the Bulldogs on the front and story as the feature. Today, big picture of Milhorn running wild from last year. Probably a big front page story on Sunday's Star. Five of the six pickers picked the 'Dogs and you say Hampton doesn't get any respect from the Star? They've been on the front of the Star three times as much as they have in the Press. We're also the only paper in the area giving Hampton a FIRST PLACE vote in the AP poll each week. No respect?

Some random thoughts, since I haven't posted in a long time.... (probably my last one till playoffs)

Pujo - did Little J like his pic in the paper the other day? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Tell the boys I'm going to be covering them when they play Elizabethton next week and take on the Lil' Boss Grindstaff and that squad.

By the way Hampton fans, the Tennessee High-Unicoi score is misleading. It was a 10-6 ballgame into the fourth quarter - then the Devils wore down. Hampton may not have played its best last week, but they also played a darn good ballteam. I think Unicoi showed that tonight. I may not be covering the Dogs this year, but I still keep a close watch on things down there and things are looking good. Heck, I'm covering EHS this year and I've still got that pic below... lol.

And, given the way Happy Valley beat Gatlinburg-Pittman tonight, I think we have some good football in this county. Big win by the Warriors. That was the upset of the night in my opinion, other than Scott Rider's Volunteer team beating Boone, who waxed Greeneville, who waxed Sullivan South. I think the 'Dogs would be playing for first in either of the 4-A leagues this year. I felt the same way last year.

Mark my words, there will be another big upset by one of the five county schools next week too, I'm calling it now... we'll leave the guessing for another thread.

ACDC/ STAR REPORTER The Bulldogs did not receive a 1st place pick from ANYONE in the "State Rankings this past week:! It says so in the Johnson City Press! The only 1st place pick were for Jo Byrns, Mt. Pleasant and South Pittsburg. STAR = WRONG AGAIN. Just like Tim Chambers

TheDogFather

alright you hampton fans i need to figure out if i'm gonna make arrangements to go to unaka when jellico goes to there place. compare the two teams for me if you will since you seen the mighty bulldogs play both jellico and unaka?

I didn't get to see Hampton play Jellico, but I think it nwill be very good game when Jellico plays Unaka. Estep and the rest of the Creekers are way overrated(NO JOKE). So I would not worry at all about getting blown out or anything like that. In my opinion, Cloudland is the second best team in the conference, and Jellico and the Stoner Creekers are tied for third. But I believe Jellico can (probably will) beat Unaka. Good luck to Jellico for when you play the Stoner Creekers...

ACDC/ STAR REPORTER The Bulldogs did not receive a 1st place pick from ANYONE in the "State Rankings this past week:! It says so in the Johnson City Press! The only 1st place pick were for Jo Byrns, Mt. Pleasant and South Pittsburg. STAR = WRONG AGAIN. Just like Tim Chambers

TheDogFather

Tim just embarrasses himself every year when Unaka and Hampton play. He shows no respect at all for the Dawgs...

alright you hampton fans i need to figure out if i'm gonna make arrangements to go to unaka when jellico goes to there place. compare the two teams for me if you will since you seen the mighty bulldogs play both jellico and unaka?

I believe if Iwere you ,I'd make the trip. I don't think 2ond through 4th will be settled until late in the season. I do believe Cosby has played their way out of the play off picture. 4 teams playing for 3 spots. Going to be interesting.

TheDogFather

Actually you did receive a first place vote from me. I'm not sure why it didn't show but you did receive one. I'm a homer. I voted Hampton 1, Unaka 3 and Cloudland 5 for what it's worth. I'm "LOYAL" to all the county schools. I felt like they had earned it. It might not have reflected in the polls but you did receive a first place vote. Heck, the Press paper didn't vote or you might have been higher.

As for me being wrong again, think about the pick! It would be sorry on my part as a parent to look my kids in the eye and say, I don't believe you have a chance. We will soon but not this year. So with that said, call me wrong once again.

As for Hampton, they'll get the Star's vote as the # 1 team when the polls come out on Tuesday.

I'm a Bulldog 9 out of 10 weeks during the regular season. I hope you run the table and wind up playing in Murfreesboro.

My posting days have been long over but I just wanted to let the Hampton fans "that I know and respect" how I voted. They've got some classy young men as does Unaka. I wish both teams much success in the last half of the season.

TC

Actually you did receive a first place vote from me. I'm not sure why it didn't show but you did receive one. I'm a homer. I voted Hampton 1, Unaka 3 and Cloudland 5 for what it's worth. I'm "LOYAL" to all the county schools. I felt like they had earned it. It might not have reflected in the polls but you did receive a first place vote. Heck, the Press paper didn't vote or you might have been higher.

As for me being wrong again, think about the pick! It would be sorry on my part as a parent to look my kids in the eye and say, I don't believe you have a chance. We will soon but not this year. So with that said, call me wrong once again.

As for Hampton, they'll get the Star's vote as the # 1 team when the polls come out on Tuesday.

I'm a Bulldog 9 out of 10 weeks during the regular season. I hope you run the table and wind up playing in Murfreesboro.

My posting days have been long over but I just wanted to let the Hampton fans "that I know and respect" how I voted. They've got some classy young men as does Unaka. I wish both teams much success in the last half of the season.

TC

I can't say that I blame you at all, family ranks pretty high on my list also. Just don't confuse Hampton with Unaka come playoff time.