Livingston Academy's prayers are with Zak Tait

hogeyegoodguy

All of the Livingston Academy football family sends our prayers out to Zak Tait and his family after his serious injury suffered in tonight's LA- Knox Catholic game. The injury puts the game of football in prospective and we certainly wish him the best as he recovers from his injury. It was a hard fought contest won by the superior team but all of that pales in comparison to an injury like this. Everyone please be mindful of this young man and his family during the days ahead.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the Livingston Academy football family sends our prayers out to Zak Tait and his family after his serious injury suffered in tonight's LA- Knox Catholic game. The injury puts the game of football in prospective and we certainly wish him the best as he recovers from his injury. It was a hard fought contest won by the superior team but all of that pales in comparison to an injury like this. Everyone please be mindful of this young man and his family during the days ahead.

What happened?

Pretty significant knee injury with ACL, PCL, and MCL tears along with dislocation of the knee. He had surgery for three hours last night to stabilize the situation with more to follow later to repair the ligament damage.

Thank you Livingston Academy, both players and fans, for your prayers, the great show of sportsmanship that you all displayed while waiting on the ambulance and for joining us in prayer before we restarted the game.

Pretty significant knee injury with ACL, PCL, and MCL tears along with dislocation of the knee. He had surgery for three hours last night to stabilize the situation with more to follow later to repair the ligament damage.

Thank you Livingston Academy, both players and fans, for your prayers, the great show of sportsmanship that you all displayed while waiting on the ambulance and for joining us in prayer before we restarted the game.

I hate to hear that. I hope he has a complete and speedy recovery.

This year seems to be the most injury inflicted year I have seen. Almost every team has a list of injured kids. Nothing really to connect it all to.

Its a devistating time in a young players life when they get injured seriously like this. I have seen these kids standing on crutches and in wheelchairs on the sidelines. Its a sad sight. Talking with them, all you hear is I wish I could get back out there. It is a lifestyle they choose, and it takes a lot of their otherwise free time. They are willing to sacrifice that to play the great game of football. Thats why it takes such a toll on one of them to be injured. They are part of another family and they feel the seperation of not being able to play. As much as one would feel not being able to contribute to their own biological family. Its a bond of love for one another indeed. Heartbreaking to say the least.

Prayers from Gordonsville to this young man and his family. Hopefully he will heal and be able to join his football family on Friday nights under the lights..