Henry County vs Memphis Treadwell ?

BigRedForLife

Right now I would say that a biased and unbiased opinion is Henry county, I would say that we are the unanimous favorite in region 7 and although I have not seen any region 8 teams, it sounds like Melrose is coming apart and if Fairley is not improved then it should be Henry county visiting Hillsboro in Semis, I will say this, If Henry county does not play better than they did in their last outing, they will not make it to the second round much less the 4th.

I have some friends in Memphis who say that Melrose is STILL to be reckoned with. There defense is great and their offense is not clicking, but if it does, then they are the best around. Don't count them out, and I wouldn't say that they are "coming apart". I certainly hope that Henry Couny got that last effort completely out of their system.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Munford is the best team in the district, so Henry County can't be the best in West Tennessee. Until Munford loses a district game, they are the best.

Now warrior I thank you for your kind words but you and I know that Henry was the best last year and they are the best this year. They are the team to beat not only in region 7 but in west Tennessee.

Now warrior I thank you for your kind words but you and I know that Henry was the best last year and they are the best this year. They are the team to beat not only in region 7 but in west Tennessee.

Got to agree with the Warrior in Red, Munford won the Region last year and 2-0 this year! Until they get beat out they are the defending Region Champs!

I have some friends in Memphis who say that Melrose is STILL to be reckoned with. There defense is great and their offense is not clicking, but if it does, then they are the best around. Don't count them out, and I wouldn't say that they are "coming apart". I certainly hope that Henry Couny got that last effort completely out of their system.

I will agree with that assesment about Melrose. If you go look at their schedule and look at the scores, you will see that their defense is top notch. It's the Melrose offense that is not doing as well as expected. Kingsbury is good, really good. They have the best RB in the City of Memphis and an 'SEC' caliber tight end, both of whom will be playing on Saturdays. Fairley plays White Station this Friday and will probably lose, but check out the score ... it will be telling. DON'T be fooled by the the Melrose record. Don't be fooled by the loss to Mitchell. Melrose, Kingsbury, and Fairley will all be tough come playoff time. Henry County, Munford will be tough come playoff time as well. All of those games will be pick'ems ... anyway you stack it.

Munford was the best team in the district during the regular season last year. They are again, so far, this year. Henry County was the best team in the district during the playoffs last year, as well as the best 4A team in West Tennessee, last year. This year remains to be seen.

I will agree with that assesment about Melrose. If you go look at their schedule and look at the scores, you will see that their defense is top notch. It's the Melrose offense that is not doing as well as expected. Kingsbury is good, really good. They have the best RB in the City of Memphis and an 'SEC' caliber tight end, both of whom will be playing on Saturdays. Fairley plays White Station this Friday and will probably lose, but check out the score ... it will be telling. DON'T be fooled by the the Melrose record. Don't be fooled by the loss to Mitchell. Melrose, Kingsbury, and Fairley will all be tough come playoff time. Henry County, Munford will be tough come playoff time as well. All of those games will be pick'ems ... anyway you stack it.

How are the Melrose fans handling this many losses in a single season? Even though Kingsbury beat them, are they definitely better than Melrose? Is Fairley better, or worse, than they were last year? Is East a factor, at all? Thanks for the information,kwc, it's always good to get accurate information from someone who knows.

Great post kwc. I am like you that Region 8 may just be a bit tougher all around than it has in the past. But in the other thread, TraderB has some logical insights about what is going and what may come if Melrose is not careful. Do you know much about this Treadwell bunch? Even though HC is heavily favored, there are always some players to look out for that could make it interesting. Again, great to hear from you kwc!