Oneida @ Midway

LOOPIE

If, hypothetically, Midway and Hampton played in the third round, it would be a very tough call on who'd win that game. I know Hampton really only lost Townsend and, I think, Oliver from last year's team and I think that line might give Midway some problems. That said, Midway has a pretty stout offense with Robinson, Davidson, Stansbury, and Poe. That's probably the best foursome I've seen in years in that region. I would hate to pick a winner in that game because they're both pretty evenly matched. Both teams by no means would have an easy road to the 3rd Round. Midway would potentially have to play Harriman again and that's not a team to take lightly and Hampton and Oneida could go for round two and the Indians played them hard. So we shall see but if it happens, I might have to take the three or four hour drive to Hampton just to see that game.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question though for Goose and KingBrian on an unrelated matter... As the SORSN website pointed out, if Midway beats Sunbright and Wartburg... does that make them the Morgan County Champions even though they're a Roane County school? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If, hypothetically, Midway and Hampton played in the third round, it would be a very tough call on who'd win that game. I know Hampton really only lost Townsend and, I think, Oliver from last year's team and I think that line might give Midway some problems. That said, Midway has a pretty stout offense with Robinson, Davidson, Stansbury, and Poe. That's probably the best foursome I've seen in years in that region. I would hate to pick a winner in that game because they're both pretty evenly matched. Both teams by no means would have an easy road to the 3rd Round. Midway would potentially have to play Harriman again and that's not a team to take lightly and Hampton and Oneida could go for round two and the Indians played them hard. So we shall see but if it happens, I might have to take the three or four hour drive to Hampton just to see that game.

Hampton lost more than that, they lost Lyons, an all state receiver, They lost a couple of starting lineman. I think they lost 7 seniors . I still say they are a better team this season. They do have to start playing mistake free football . They have not hit their peak as of yet. They should be more focused when the playoffs get here.

Pujo, which linemen did they lose? They had a couple HUGE guys on that team last year that just knocked Coalfield's block off. I know that Irick and Jaynes are back and I thought they were better than Townsend in the prototypical RB sense. Townsend was quick in limited action against Coalfield, but Jaynes and Irick really did the damage in that game.

But that's another topic entirely... back to Midway, like I said, I'd hate to call a winner in that one but I think with it being at Hampton, the Bulldogs may have a slight edge because I remember the four hour bus ride there two years ago and it was COLD!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Pujo, which linemen did they lose? They had a couple HUGE guys on that team last year that just knocked Coalfield's block off. I know that Irick and Jaynes are back and I thought they were better than Townsend in the prototypical RB sense. Townsend was quick in limited action against Coalfield, but Jaynes and Irick really did the damage in that game.

But that's another topic entirely... back to Midway, like I said, I'd hate to call a winner in that one but I think with it being at Hampton, the Bulldogs may have a slight edge because I remember the four hour bus ride there two years ago and it was COLD!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

They lost Zack Thornton and Jo Lee George on the line. Townsend didn't play against Coalfield last year, you may be thinking about Milhorn. Hampton line is still big and they are throwing the ball pretty well lately. Its not a team with alot of stars , its just a sound team that can hurt you with several different people. The defense has played extremely good all season. They still have some bugs to work out . If they can get rid of the boo boo's ,they can be a hard out for anyone . I'm sure Midway has a very good team as well. Both teams has alot of work ahead of them to get to the 3rd round. I've sort of got used to our annual meeting with Coalfield. I wouldn't even count them out right yet.