Oneida @ Midway

LOOPIE

heck ill admit i was wrong...i was way off...but if i just looked at oneidas record this year i would have been much further off...aint ohs 2-4 now?...anyways back to the d-1 thing with matthew...Son thats D-1 football...not division 1 high school ball...upsets are an every week occurance in collage football...but a very rare occurance in high school football /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am going to have to draw you a picture everytime. I shouldnt have called you slow because you may realy be.

When I said look at Oneidas record I meant points scored on us . they have only been 1 team score more than 14

points on us and we have played the toughest schedule in east tennessee.

Rockwood -------only scored 7 oakdale ----scored 0

hampton---------only scored 14 mcreary -----scored 14

coalfield----------only scored 13

cumberland gap ----scored 30

and OHS is 3 and 3 now . there again if I knew nothing about football , I wouldnt be making such stupid prediction.

I wont reply to you again. Im realy starting to feel sorry for you .

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still sticking with my original prediction based on this fact: Oneida's defense will keep them in this game but they have NO offense and they're going to need offensive production to beat Midway and the way Midway has played this year, they're gonna be a hard team to beat. Don't even discount farm kids because those are some of the toughest kids you'll ever see.

As for the individual who said Oneida had the "toughest schedule", umm, you're bragging about Coalfield, Oakdale, and a weak Kentucky 4a team being tough? Midway's schedule measures up pretty well compared to Oneida. Allow me to systematically break this down for you.

Midway's season...

Vs. Claiborne Co. (3A) Won 27-14, could have been a bigger blowout than that.

Vs. Rockwood (2a) Lost 42-20, the lone blemish on the record and one could use this as a comparison but the difference is Rockwood has an offense while Oneida, well, it's yet to be seen.

Vs. Oakdale Won 56-16. This was 56-0 early in the 3rd quarter.

Vs. Coalfield Won 43-21. This was 43-7 before the reserves came in.

Vs. Sequatchie Co. (2A) Won 48-3. Very impressive performance.

Now we'll break down Oneida's season...

Vs. Rockwood Lost 7-6

Vs. Hampton Lost 7-6

Vs. Coalfield Won 20-13

Vs. Oakdale Won 41-0

Vs. Cumberland Gap Lost 30-17

Vs. McCreary Co. (KY) Won (I forget the score.)

I'll give Oneida this... a couple more points and they could be 5-1 right now. BUT if not for a fumble in the Coalfield game returned for a touchdown, you would be 2-4. This is a great defensive team, but here's the problem... the offense has only scored at will against Oakdale, which I'm sorry to say this, isn't saying much. Simply put, Midway is on a roll right now and I cannot find one good reason to pick against the Green Waves in this one. I think this will be an interesting contrast of styles, but Oneida's inconsistent offense makes me lean toward Midway in this one. Nothing personal to Oneida fans, but I just can't bring myself to pick you all to win this game.

I know Midway is a very good team. I know they are well coached. The compelling question is Midway ready for Oneida? The Indians could play on the moon Friday, I put no faith in home field advantage vs the Tribe this season.

The question is how much difference can a coach make? How much better can a team be in one year...one season?

This is not a slam against Midway or their coaches. Our cousins down south are very tough and well coached. This is a question of human nature. Midway has owned Oneida the last several seasons and they know that.

Does Midway really see Oneida as a threat? Were talking about high school kids that have run all over the Tribe for 3 years+. What??™s to fear? Oneida has no offense and three losses!

This game may match up very well for the Indians.

I'll have to chime in since it's mid-week and you fellers have a pretty compelling arguement going for your pick in this game. You can throw out the "Oneida doesn't have an offense" because they basically play most of the same bodies both ways......so you know they have plenty of athletic players filling out their positions. Granted they haven't made the scoreboard resemble a pinball machine, but they are settling in nicely with their 3rd Offensive Coordinator in the last 3 seasons. My discussions with players and coaches have led me to believe that 1) we have the (W)right OC in place and 2) there is a sense that the system is understandable and when executed correctly they CAN make plays. The rough start by the offense is a testament to the high quality of the defenses they have faced and finding that comfort zone within the system.

Midway is another (in a long list) excellent football team. Oneida knows this.....heck, if they don't.....then they have already forgot the lessons from last year. And kids don't forget spankings....at least I didn't when I played. The Green Waves are going to meet a bunch that respects their brand of ball.....Farm Boys or Hog Riders (Harley Davidson)(lol). I recall Ray-Ray left footprints everywhere and I doubt the kids have forgotten that. We'll see how much motivation they have Friday, but to me they have a heck of a monkey to get off their back. I expect them to want, dearly, to re-establish their presence in the conference.

Lambert and Moser cancel each other out! They are both excellent coaches and neither has the advantage over the other strategy-wise. Their players are going to determine the outcome of the game. Some coaches have the unforseen ability to out-fox their opponents from time to time, but I wouldn't expect it to happen often in this game. Don't get me wrong, a trick play or an excellently called Blitz or the right protection package or coverage can create a "big" moment in the game, but both coaches know each other pretty well from tape. This game is more likely to come down to a fumble or interception or penalties that kill momentum......often something the coaches have very little immediate impact on.

Midway does not have a better QB than last year. I did not say they don't have a fine QB, I'm sure they do.....it's just last year's QB was an absolute game changer. He executed that offense flawlessly and he ran like he had jets in his heels (fast). I honestly think the only person I saw that comes close to him on last years team was Davidson.

It's going to be a good game........enjoy it if you are a fan! The coaches won't sleep much this week! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Kazzy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Kinda like Bama on the Wall has be "winning" for years! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Kaz

yea and upsets don't happen in high school football, only "collage" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It wouldn't be that big of an upset anyway. Oneida could win this game and it wouldn't be a fluke.

I am not saying it would be an upset from my point because I see OHS winning it. It would be a major to the people who say OHS will get swamped. FYI seen a guy on HALO 3 w/ the gamertag PUJO22 and I laughed a little.

I am not saying it would be an upset from my point because I see OHS winning it. It would be a major to the people who say OHS will get swamped. FYI seen a guy on HALO 3 w/ the gamertag PUJO22 and I laughed a little.

I think from here on out into next year. I don't think our Indians will be able to sneak up on any teams.