Oneida @ Midway

LOOPIE

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is a game worth talking about! Oneida does have a strong D. But the Indian Offense is much improved this year and the special teams play has gotten better by miles. The Indians aren't some one dimensional team out there plodding the soil praying for a 6-3 victory.

Midway is a very good team. They were good last year too. There is not one kid on the Indian team that will see otherwise. But is Midway better than Rockwood or Hampton or CG with the 6'-8" quartback that has pretty good wheels to boot? Oneida is battle tested. The youngsters aren't so young anymore.

I think if the Indians practice well and execute 4 quarters of football....Midway will be in for a long, tough night. If this game lives up to the hype, we will be in for a battle on Friday! Can't wait to watch this one!

I think Pujo's Injuns will beat Midway and surprise everybody. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Better call at least 5 penalties on the other team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yeah last time i posted the score on an oneida game i was wayyyyy off but i thought mchs had a little more than watts..Oneida D really did shut him down..But midway has more than one player...And scalper atleast at campbell county i played in a division with big teams unlike the one yons play in..No disrespect to coach lambert and his team..and master chief (matt watson) the upsets that happened in collage football HAPPENED IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL...you wont see upsets like that happenin in high school football..But anyways i do think midway will win but if oneidas D plays like it did last week it wont be a blow out

SOR by 6 should be a very good game. (the team with the most turnovers will not win!!!)

I see the fine folks from Midway still don't post on here they let their play speak for itself.

I think that it will be a great hard hitting game,ALL of us (SOR fans and OHS fans) are ready to see two very sound teams line it up Friday night. Good luck to both teams.

"Here come the boys from the south"

For me the game is going to come down to one seriously key match-up. Ray Robinson vs. Oneida Defense.

The majority of Midway's players can be corralled with sure, solid fundamental tackling.......not Robinson. He is going to get yards after the initial contact and Oneida MUST do an acceptable job of keeping those yards to a minimum. Robinson is a different horse all together! I put him up there with Davis (Coalfield) because he is a presence on both sides of the ball. It is possible to minimize his impact on defense by simply creating plays that don't meet him head-on. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Oneida did not stop RR last year and it really opened up everything else for the green wave, before you knew it, it was over and the results weren't pretty. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I sure don't like going down there, but if we can get this one the rest of the schedule actually looks quite favorable the rest of the way. Harriman and Greenback having to come to Oneida is a huge plus! Sunbright ain't very far down the road, and they've had there problems this season. That boy Harley /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> Davison was pretty good last year too, but he don't pave the roads like Robinson.He's more like the jab to Robinsons body blows. I'm gonna get an eye on my boys this week and see if they are "perkulatin'!!!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Kazam

i have to take onieda in this one, midway is a tough team. i am from hampton and i will admit onieda's defense was tough even though hampton didnt play up to par; but hey thats part of it. onieda plays hard every play and only lost by one to rockwood and hampton whereas midway lost to rockwood by a considerable margain. i really will be suprised if onieda looses, they have a really bright future, and are well coached.

One thing I like about Midway is that Coach Moser is that he moves his guys around to try to find favorable match-ups. "Sugar" Ray plays TB, FB and in the slot, Poe plays TB, slot and wide out then Davidson plays the slot and TB. Before the season started Stansbury was going to play QB/WR then Pressley hurt his wrist and that kind of took that away. Stansbury is actually the team's best receiver.

It's going to be a good game.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Gee, thanks Puj! It's nice to know someone that has given Hampton it's toughest game, MIGHT have a chance to beat the Green Waves this weekend. I'd rate these two as dead even frontrunners for the conference title. I'd say they both know the value of this game......if they don't they are poorly coached. Seeing as I think the world of Lambert, I doubt very seriously that the Indians are in jeopardy of that accusation. Ray-Ray is gonna play BTTW, and so are we!

Kaz