Oneida @ Midway

LOOPIE

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midway wins this one, bbiiggg ,45 - 6 , Oneida will not even get off the bus before Midway scores.

Hats off to midway , they are the best team we have seen this year. I did think 7 points or less would determine the score . I was a little off myself. Midway does have a loaded backfield .

Sorry Muledog--- even though your (sor ) boys are good , I still dont see anyone putting this many points up on our defence.After your prediction I have to point out the difference. 21--to--7----(14) decided this game

You predicted 45--to--6-----(39)point win. Was it you thought midway was this good or Oneida was this bad .

We just never seem to get any r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

After such a bizzare week, I am completely impressed with our team's mental toughness. Man, 7-0 at the half. I thought the Tribe was in perfect position. I wish Oneida hadn't lost that fumble on the opening drive of the second half. Might have made for a much more exciting game in the 4th.

Hats off to our cousins down south. The Indians flat out laid the wood to em. There were a few hits where I was thinking..."No way that kid is getting up" The Green Wave jumped up everytime and fired right back! Smart team, well coached. Excellent condition and execution. Good luck the rest of the way. On to Harriman!

Goose....might have to disagree a little bit on overall talent. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> The Waves certainly have some primetime players, but you might be shortchanging the Indians a little bit, IMO. You get no arguement over who was the better team Friday Night (Midway). They do appear, at the present time, to have better depth in the interior line and did Ray-Ray #31 play any on defense? He is a beast. I stated way early in the week that that would be the key to our success and we obviously failed the test, this time. We continued to hit him at pad level and he won every one of those situations! Remember what I said, LAY THE WOOD LOW.......that did not happen. As long as Ray-Ray has his legs under him he is one tough hombre, as nasty as Davis (Coalfield). If they meet again this season I will bet top dollar he will be tackled differently in that game. Other observations:

I believe it is an accurate assessment that, although they have a solid QB, last years Green Wave Signal Caller created defensive nightmares for opposing coaches. That TD pass took forever to come down and it could have been intercepted if the defenders weren't so badly out of position. There is no arguement over which QB did more with their feet, either.

Oneida's players under-preformed. I take nothing away from Midway's Team, but they did not receive the Indians best effort. Wright does a good job with the play calling, our execution hasn't been good in key games. I would expect that to rapidly improve in the coming weeks! Torey is still growing as a QB....he has really been hit and miss at times, but he is a gamer! (you can't deny that!)

The score wasn't indicative of the teams closeness in personnel. Ray-Ray is the difference right now. If you can eliminate his running impact then the game is reduced to luck. (turnover, penalty)

Green Wave is sitting behind the wheel. Count it as a lost opportunity for my boys. Much better game if they come to play! Maybe they get to redeem themselve in the future.

Kazy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

both teams are very good teams. Oneida played better against Hampton. but dont let this fool you , we were missing 2 starters who play both sides of the ball when we played midway. this did effect our play against midway. Me and my buddies had this discusion saturday while watching the film. some of us thought hampton would win and some of us thought midway would win.I dont feel this game could be decided until the end of the 4th quarter. I wouldnt want to bet on either team against the other . good luck to both teams.

I wasn't trying to disrespect the Indians when I said the Waves had a little more talent. I basically feel both teams get after it real well, but Midway has more players that can go the distance when a mistake is made.

I do agree that Lyle was a phenom at QB. Stansbury is good and is fast, but Seth Lyle has a gear that nobody in this region has seen in years. Could you imagine Midway with Lyle at QB and Stansbury still at receiver?

I also agree that you have to contain Robinson if you want to slow Midway. If he's getting five yards a whack between the tackles it makes it so much easier for guys like Davidson, Stansbury and Poe to get outside.

This week will be big for Oneida though. Harriman hasn't been talked about a lot this year, but they still have a lot of talent. They rushed for around 400 yards against Sunbright and 350 against Greenback. They have an experienced line with several solid backs that run the ball.

Goose.....can't begin to tell you how scary Midway would be with Lyle. On the talent thing, I knew you meant no disrespect and I didn't really agree with your opinion, but I respect it. Oneida's PT Players have run hot and cold this season and it gets frustrating as heck sometimes. Lewallen, Buttram, Slaven, and Hutson are all skill players with distinguishable talents to work with: speed, power, field vision, wiggle, elusiveness. I'm not saying they all have all those things, but they can each bring something to the table on a given night. Problem is they haven't gotten it done at the same time. They all played marginally, heck lewallen hardly played at all, at best last week....that will never get it done against a team like Midway. They needed to make a greater impact than the "whimper" they made Friday Night AND THEY NEED TO AFFECT THE GAME AT THE SAME TIME! If they do that, I would think the Indian offense will "perk" up rather quickly. The OC has been putting them in places for them to make plays, they have, for whatever reason, failed to do so at the same time. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kazzy

Goose.....can't begin to tell you how scary Midway would be with Lyle. On the talent thing, I knew you meant no disrespect and I didn't really agree with your opinion, but I respect it. Oneida's PT Players have run hot and cold this season and it gets frustrating as heck sometimes. Lewallen, Buttram, Slaven, and Hutson are all skill players with distinguishable talents to work with: speed, power, field vision, wiggle, elusiveness. I'm not saying they all have all those things, but they can each bring something to the table on a given night. Problem is they haven't gotten it done at the same time. They all played marginally, heck lewallen hardly played at all, at best last week....that will never get it done against a team like Midway. They needed to make a greater impact than the "whimper" they made Friday Night AND THEY NEED TO AFFECT THE GAME AT THE SAME TIME! If they do that, I would think the Indian offense will "perk" up rather quickly. The OC has been putting them in places for them to make plays, they have, for whatever reason, failed to do so at the same time. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kazzy

I think this is directly related to having 4 Off Coordinators in 4 years. Once these boys build a chemistry and all hit at the same time. Oneida will be a devestasting force on offense. As good or better than the defense. It will be like playing with 12 players.

Unfortunately, Right now, it's like watching a red light....waiting for it turn green....anytime now....in just a second.....just one more second.....