Reclassifications in 2009 in 4A and 5A statewide

tricitiessportsfan

They used numbers from January 2006 for the 2007-2008 school year, so maybe they will use January 2008 numbers for 2009 reclassification. If so these hypothetical classes may not be too far off except for new schools and schools affected by the new schools. I didn't know the numbers they used were 1 1/2 years old, that helps explain why some schools are so far over the limits of a particular class.

tssaa will use the ADA numbers from schools. These are numbers the school report to the state for funds.

Each school must report to the state the numbers of students present each day. They do this in 20 days periods.

tssaa will chose one of the 20 day period and use these numbers to set the classes.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tssaa will use the ADA numbers from schools. These are numbers the school report to the state for funds.

Each school must report to the state the numbers of students present each day. They do this in 20 days periods.

tssaa will chose one of the 20 day period and use these numbers to set the classes.

Have any idea where I could access those numbers online?

Have any idea where I could access those numbers online?

You can get them from the tssaa home page but they only have the numbers from 2004-05 because they are the number used after a 2 year period to see if any school increase or decrease by 20%. If they did and because of the increase of decrease move them to another class. The numbers for the next classification will be some time this school year no one know what period they will use. They should be posted next fall.

Someone explain to me. How is Henry County 4A??? I wish all the Clarksville schools could be 4A and Northeast gets the shaft. Why is HC 4A? if those numbers are right then I count 1435 students that is 4 less then what you have for Gallatin. That is more than Glencliff, Ravenwood, Brentwood and someother 5A's. Do they have to count what ever that Grove school means? If they do not have to count them, then that is unfair. They were 5A before. Did they make them count those kids then and not now? Someone help me with this one, but if those numbers on this thread are right, then no way are they 4A. They should have to suffer like Northeast and be put up in a higher class and have to travel places. I remember when Northeast was 4A they went 7-4 and 8-3 two back to back years. Now they have to go all the way to places like Independence and get beat.

Someone explain!!

Tennessee is such a small state population wise I wish it would go back to the old A AA AAA days. At least that way winning a state championship would actually mean something. I have to admit I think it takes some of the luster off a BA title when the entire classification only had 10 teams. Heck, there used to be regions that large or larger. And while we are at it how about only letting the top two teams from each region make the playoffs like the old days, I am sick and tired of seing a 2-8 team make the playoffs each year. How about we quit keeping score and give everybody trophies while were at it.

Good post. I don't think you can necessarily say Tennessee is a "small state" population-wise (I think we are 15th or 16th in population), but it certainly is not big enough to need 5 classes. I think that four classes would be optimal, unless they do away with the Public/Private split altogether, which I would be for as long as there is a multiplier for the BA's, MBA's, and Ensworth's of the world. Then, you could maybe justify five classes. Otherwise, just have four D-I classes, two D-2 classes, and championships would mean more.

Someone explain to me. How is Henry County 4A??? I wish all the Clarksville schools could be 4A and Northeast gets the shaft. Why is HC 4A? if those numbers are right then I count 1435 students that is 4 less then what you have for Gallatin. That is more than Glencliff, Ravenwood, Brentwood and someother 5A's. Do they have to count what ever that Grove school means? If they do not have to count them, then that is unfair. They were 5A before. Did they make them count those kids then and not now? Someone help me with this one, but if those numbers on this thread are right, then no way are they 4A. They should have to suffer like Northeast and be put up in a higher class and have to travel places. I remember when Northeast was 4A they went 7-4 and 8-3 two back to back years. Now they have to go all the way to places like Independence and get beat.

Someone explain!!

anyone???

Three things will happen when Maryville moves up to 5A in the 09 season.

#1. A lot of 4A coaches will be really happy.

#2. A lot of 5A coaches will be really sad.

#3. Maryville will be playing in the last game on the first Saturday of December in Murfreesboro instead of the second game.

Rebel9

well, if that wasn't just the greatest post ever...

I first want to say that Maryville has an awesome program and has been tremendous over the past 8-10 years. I do however think it would be tougher to accomplish those things at 5A. Playing the likes of Oak Ridge, DB, Bearden, William Blount, Farragut, and a few more week in week out is a little stronger than some of the 4A teams they play. Also being at the top of the cut off # at 4A and being on the low end # of 5A is a world of difference. I am not cuting their program at all I am just saying it would be harder to duplicate the results.

I first want to say that Maryville has an awesome program and has been tremendous over the past 8-10 years. I do however think it would be tougher to accomplish those things at 5A. Playing the likes of Oak Ridge, DB, Bearden, William Blount, Farragut, and a few more week in week out is a little stronger than some of the 4A teams they play. Also being at the top of the cut off # at 4A and being on the low end # of 5A is a world of difference. I am not cuting their program at all I am just saying it would be harder to duplicate the results.

I agree but I think Maryville will do pretty well in 5A.

There will be another HS in Knox County (Hardin Valley Academy) which will begin in '08 with about 1000 students but should quickly be 1500+ so they should be another 5-A.

What schools will be affected when this school opens?