Maryville's Schedule is WEAK!

WarriorFan

Well Brandon has exposed us I guess.

When we went on the road to play 12-0 Red Bank in the quarterfinals last year, spotted them a two touchdown lead and came back to win the game I guess we managed to get an 0-10 team to put their uniforms on. The same for when we played 13-0 Morristown West in the Semis and 14-0 Hillsboro in the finals. I feel so silly! I really thought those were three very good teams.

And he is right. We should not play Lenoir City in week ten. Granted they are a Region opponent and we have no choice but we should do the right thing and forfeit the game even if it does effect our playoff standings.

Like other Brandon initiated threads before on this same tired subject, this thread is a monument to a grown man in middle tennessee, who despite all he says to the contrary, is so bothered by a winning percentage put up by a bunch of high school kids that he has to get on here and play Judge and Jury to their manhood, the coaching staff's integrity and basically every move they make.

Regions all over the State have up and down years all the time. Many highly ranked teams and yes, even eventual champions play much weaker opponents during the course of the season. Thats why there are playoffs, rather than "poll champions" at the end of the year. Even if a team can run, they cannot hide and eventually will have to play the best their classification has to offer. Maryville did that last year and by the way did it convincingly.

Maryville is the team that is neck and neck with BA for most State Titles right now. And just happen to be the team Brandon has decided to put under the microscope. Coincidence???? Use common sense and make your own decision. There are plenty of other highly regarded teams out there with less than brutal schedules. But he chose us.

I would tell Brandon to get a life. But with the frequency of these threads popping up I fear that Ship has Sailed.

Poor Coach Quarles. I bet he does not sleep a wink at night worrying about random attacks by a frustrated alleged grown man in Middle Tennessee.

mhs

You just displayed why you are one of my favorite posters on here.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are playoff games.....NOT who is on your schedule.....AGAIN the topic thread

This is a discussion board Brandon we can bring up whatever we want. Many have made the point that if a team wins the State they have proven themselves. Answer me one question. WHY have you picked one team and decided to totally examine their regular season schedule???? There HAS TO BE MOTIVATION FOR YOU SOMEWHERE. And I hit the nail on the head in my last post. But every time you get backed into a corner you yell TOPIC THREAD. Have fun with this. I have better things to do. I would tell you to grow up but again, that ship has sailed.........

A few other things Brandon and I want you to address each one of these.

1. You brought up Lenoir City in an earlier post. They are a region game. We have to play everyone in our region. The TSSAA mandates that. Why bring them up?????

2. In fact 70% of Maryville's regular season games are region games.

3. The Alcoa game is a rivalry that goes back to the 1920's or 30's. There would be a riot if that game were cancelled. I got to the stadium this year at 4PM to get a seat.

4. WB has been to the playoffs the past eight years. I have no doubt they will challenge for the 5A State title.

5. That leaves Heritage, and if I had my druthers that game would be dropped for a marquee game like Oak Ridge or DB.

But the bottom line is this. You are painted Maryville out to be cowards, and there is not a whole lot of flexibility in their schedule. The Tennessee Vandy series is pretty one sided right? But they continue to play it because it is such a rivalry. You are blowing a bunch of smoke over nothing because BA is taking a backseat to us right now. Better put some new carpet in the dormintories or add another jacuzzi here or there and see if you cannot get this thing turned around.

Brandon i'm a rebel alum but i've tried to back off and look at this thread from your point of view but now you are bringing up 79,80,81,82,83 but you said earlier that the last time we beat you was in 78 and now thoose players are 50 somthing why do thoose games not hold merit but 79-83 do? by the wat i still think you are a lawyer.

Mat you didn't back off very far and you didn't look very close (that sounded so thoughtful, however). This thread that chronicled "the fall of the Maryville Rebels before 8 classifications and cupcake schedules could pull them back" was written by ME in response to a Maryville fan bragging about beating us in 1976 and 1978. I did acknowledge those as "good wins". I just told "the rest of the story". Keep in mind, being the humble guy that I am, I stopped short (on that post) of mentioning that BA won 8 state championships during the Maryville black hole days, including (2) 5A states with all schools combined.

One thing that I have noticed on this thread, many Maryville posters are very insecure and temperamental. I believe that this is caused by a big ego and a high school football fan version of "small man complex". This is brought on by all of the years in 4A with 8 classes. I am not a lawyer. I am a practicing message board psychiatrist. NOW, it is out.

I've noticed a few things on this thread too.

* Brandon should add "MARYVILLE" to his hobby list.

* When my friend in Franklin sells his house to retire back to east Tennessee he'll choose Brandon.. he'll wear down the buyer.

* Brandon is very versed on BA football in the 70's even though he didn't care who won.

* Brandon should take this case to the U.S. Supreme Court to see if he can win one and get a majority of the Justices to agree.

* I bet every fence post in his neighborhood is worn out.

* I bet his wife and two daughters have stayed up a lot of late nights and still have never won a family argument.

One thing that I have noticed on this thread, many Maryville posters are very insecure and temperamental. I believe that this is caused by a big ego and a high school football fan version of "small man complex". This is brought on by all of the years in 4A with 8 classes. I am not a lawyer. I am a practicing message board psychiatrist. NOW, it is out.

The same way BA fans get whenever that dreaded R-word gets mentioned?

The same way BA fans get whenever that dreaded R-word gets mentioned?

There is a big difference. The "R-word" is a belief, a rumor, an accusation. The only proof anyone ever came up with is 14 letters written to students, who had already signed contracts and submitted deposit checks, informing them of the upcoming schedule. "The Black Hole years until 8 classes were established and the Cupcake Bonanza" is a matter of record. The "R-word" is something that opponents use to explain away their own inadequacies. The Black Hole Years and Cupcake Bonanza can be gazed upon at anytime by anyone. One is a theory - the other is fact.

Hey, I don't make the news I just report it.

7-Say BA doesn't illegally recruit. Who cares if you do? I'm like Dale Murphy when he said his mind was made up about Barry Bonds. He had enough evidence to believe that Barry used performance enhancing drugs. My mind is made up. I have enough evidence to make that decision. I don't have to have the same standard as a court of law.

BA recruits. Anyone that denies that is either to naive to know or just plane won't admit it.

Care to share that evidence with us Charger? It has already been established that you know nothing about BA other than what other "experts" talk about around the water cooler. We are waiting to hear something concrete other than my friend was recruited.