Macon Co?

geo1126

Twang,

As far as the first thing goes, to what degree is it OK to say that and still be kidding??? Is it ok to say he is a sissy? OK to say he is gay? If the player was African American would it be OK to use the "n" word, as long as the person is kidding? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! If what I say is offensive to you, no matter how I say it or mean it, isn't it still offensive? Shouldn't the offender still owe an apology to the offended???? More so if the offender is an adult and/or a coach, who should know better?????????

As far as the second thing goes, you better watch what you say............................. everyone will accuse you of MEDDLING in MC football business. (Even if I agree with you 100%)

My experience has been there are usually three sides to every story. His......Hers/His.....AND THE TRUTH.

If you don't know the whole story, don't be so quick to judge. There is some blame to go around this mess for everyone involved.

BTW Good luck to the night chicks. They looked strong last week.

I guess it comes down to what was meant in what context. I hope he was kidding if it happened as you said.

Thanks for the well wishes...same to the Tiggers.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it comes down to what was meant in what context. I hope he was kidding if it happened as you said.

Thanks for the well wishes...same to the Tiggers.

Are you saying I can refer to any of the African American players on the SC team with the "n---er" word and it be OK as long as I am kidding? ABSOLUTELY NOT! If what I say is offensive to you, even if I am kidding, I am in the wrong. Some people won't agree with me, but that is the way I feel.

If a coach constantly does this to a kid(s), even if he says he is kidding, your saying that is OK??? If that is the case, then would it be OK for me to get on here (public forum... just like talking openly in public) and trash INDIVIDUAL players on SCs team????? How would you react?

Are you saying I can refer to any of the African American players on the SC team with the "n---er" word and it be OK as long as I am kidding? ABSOLUTELY NOT! If what I say is offensive to you, even if I am kidding, I am in the wrong. Some people won't agree with me, but that is the way I feel.

If a coach constantly does this to a kid(s), even if he says he is kidding, your saying that is OK??? If that is the case, then would it be OK for me to get on here (public forum... just like talking openly in public) and trash INDIVIDUAL players on SCs team????? How would you react?

Gee...I don't think that is the same thing. Using certain words are allowed in the right context. If the players are uncomfortable...then I agree. It isn't a good thing. Calling someone a sissy is not a terrible thing. We all know what words are allowed...and what words are not.

This is more than about the freshman games. It is about respect. What kind of a coach tells the players don't tell ur parents what is said?? That tells you that he knows he should not be saying some of the things he said. If ur going to coach people will complain, thats what happens. It is how u respond that determines what type of coach u become. I have heard from Gordonsville fans that were there and Macon to, the problem is not the game last week it is what has been building for awhile. RESPECT for the players and their parents and the coaches. It is how u handle the stress that goes with the job.

Okay. I just want to say this. Coach Cook told us to tell our parents what he says. Unless you have been in the Locker Room in Macon Co. and have heard him speak,you have no right to say that.So please,until that day comes,don't act like you know.

Quoted from Coach Cook,who Quoted these words from Coach Dyer, "P-I-S-S on You"

Twang,

I ask cause I value your opinion. I don't like them sometimes, I may even bicker with them sometimes, but you have at least traded enough verbal jabs with the rest of us to make you a grizzled vet of the mafia.

I disagree. Being offensive is not good, especially when you are an adult and an assistant coach. It's like being a little pregnant. You either are ar you are not. I may remember this next year when we play the Owl sissy's next year?!?!?!?

Everyone else seems to have gone quiet on this topic. What do all you Macon County experts have to say now???

Okay. I just want to say this. Coach Cook told us to tell our parents what he says. Unless you have been in the Locker Room in Macon Co. and have heard him speak,you have no right to say that.So please,until that day comes,don't act like you know.

Quoted from Coach Cook,who Quoted these words from Coach Dyer, "###### on You"

Out of the mouths of babes..............................

Son you may be closer to the problem than even you realize.

Twang,

I ask cause I value your opinion. I don't like them sometimes, I may even bicker with them sometimes, but you have at least traded enough verbal jabs with the rest of us to make you a grizzled vet of the mafia.

I disagree. Being offensive is not good, especially when you are an adult and an assistant coach. It's like being a little pregnant. You either are ar you are not. I may remember this next year when we play the Owl sissy's next year?!?!?!?

Everyone else seems to have gone quiet on this topic. What do all you Macon County experts have to say now???

I am not totally disagreeing with you. It sounds like this situation is about to blow up. However...what is offensive to one may not be offensive to another.