Antioch v. Gallatin

nununu

Antioch avg 15 pts a game and give up 26 pts

Gallatin avg 20 pts a game and give up 22 pts

Antioch avg rushing 87 yrds per game and 124 yrds passing

Terrance Davis 460 yrds passing and 6 tds also looks to be the leading rusher with 300+ yrds

McAdoo has 10 catches for 148 yards

Stallworth has 14 for 68 yards(Overton not included)

Watkins has 7 for 103 yards(Overton not included)

Davis had a big game against Overton passing for 245 yards and 4 tds. Very similar to Gallatin in that the QB is a "do-all". Their rushing game other than Davis is almost nonexistant. Wooten is avg about 16 yards a game. But just like Gallatin they throw to everybody. This should be a real fun game to watch from a fan stand point just because the teams are mirror images of the other. Hopefully our kicking game will be the trump card in our favor. Gallatin's losses come to teams with a 11-5 record. Both have played good competition outside the region. Both need this region win.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin in a close one at home.

Thought you guys looked better last week against Smyrna even though we lost big. Keep working hard!! It's all region 5 from this point on! Some of us still have faith in you regardless of what you may think!!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have looked better the last two weeks... two turnovers just before the half blew the game open for Smyrna.. going into the half 21-6 as opposed to 14-6, 10-6 or at best 7-6 took the wind out of our sails... 7 more off a turnover in the second half also... just too much to have to overcome.

The second half of the season starts tomorrow night but more importantly, the run for the playoffs start tomorrow. A win against AHS would be a great start to the rest of the season... it's not how you start it's how you finish! Keep playing with the intensity of the last couple weeks and good things can happen!

Go Wave!

Interesting that other teams are publicly calling out Gallatin's defense as "slow"-see Tennessean.

As I had said a couple of weeks ago, this Green Wave team just has too many holes all over the field. The defense gives up another 20+ points and apparently can not stop the pass anymore than tissue paper can stop a semi-truck. Seeing as how the pass defense is what cost them their perfect season last year it might be a good idea to hire a defensive coordinator that understands pass coverage. Whether the "traditionalists" at Gallatin like it or not, everyone else has learned to throw the football, and does so 15-20 times a game. So you better learn how to defend it.

WHERE IS COACH WALLS?????

Not to take anything away from the way Antioch played, which was a good game. It is a total shame that a high school football game can have such terrible officiating. With Gallatin up 24-13 Boo intercepts a pass and returns it to Antioch's 31. After the int. a flag is thrown and the officials take about 10 minutes to decide that there was no flag but that someone blew a whistle. Not saying Gallatin would have scored but momentum was already on Gallatin's side and who knows. Later on 44 for Antioch is slamming a Gallatin player all over the sidelines and not a single official in the stadium see's it even though it occurs way after the play is over. Then the nail in the coffin with about 1:30 seconds to go Antioch has a punt partially blocked Patrick catches the punt untouched and goes 40 yards for the TD, however after he scores the offcial calls the play back and says he was down.

I don't know how any man can sleep knowing what he did to some 15-18 year old young men. I really have a problem with this.

Again Antioch you guys have a remendous team and If you get past H-ville this week you will end up being Region champs in all likelyhood.

So Gallatin loses it's first region game since 04', pretty good run in the region.

Remember Gallatin what hurts you in life only makes you stronger. This week at Overton will be a tough game. You are not out of the playoff hunt yet and who knows if H-ville beats Antioch next week you still have a shot at region champs.

Your fans will be in the stands cheering you on this Thursday.

Interesting that other teams are publicly calling out Gallatin's defense as "slow"-see Tennessean.

As I had said a couple of weeks ago, this Green Wave team just has too many holes all over the field. The defense gives up another 20+ points and apparently can not stop the pass anymore than tissue paper can stop a semi-truck. Seeing as how the pass defense is what cost them their perfect season last year it might be a good idea to hire a defensive coordinator that understands pass coverage. Whether the "traditionalists" at Gallatin like it or not, everyone else has learned to throw the football, and does so 15-20 times a game. So you better learn how to defend it.

I would have to agree that our pass defense is almost nonexistant. Our overall tackling could be a lot better too. That coupled with the key dropped passes just will not get it done. Hand it to the Qb from Antioch though, he made our defense look very "slow" with all of his cutting and darting. But the kid has some talent in order to throw back across the grain like he did several times. And if you are a defensive back you oughta love that by giving you extra time to get to the ball. But rather its single or double or one time triple coverage, we just can't make a play. On the offensive side of the ball I did like the screens to Holder which were set up nicely. And low and behold we found out we have tightends last night!! Both of those completions were beautiful calls with the Antioch defense up and close. I actually felt sorry for Boo last night. Man that kid never came off the field and so much pressure is put on him because he is the only offense we have. Ingham did a good job again with the kickoffs and even though he missed his second fieldgoal of the year I still haven't seen anyone better this year. That kid has got a heck of a leg!!

Ok so heres my beef. Antioch you finally got a legitamate win over Gallatin. Congrats...you won. This might have nothing to do with the outcome lets get this straight before I start. The refs....horrible last night. I don't have a problem with the punt call. If his knee was down then its a dead ball right there. But how many blatant holds do I have to see from the stands before you call one? When the Antioch player is on our bench...bench!! Fighting one of our players and no ref sees it!!! Not just a second or two event either...I mean this was a long occurance and no ref is doing there job by watching the sidelines? And finally someone explain the play that was done over...please. Antioch throws an interception and then a flag is thrown. The refs meet for what seemed like a summit at Camp David and then rule a no play??? If the ball is tipped it is an interception, if its not its an interception, if our guy hit somebody before the ball got there then its a penalty, if the Antioch player hit somebody before the ball gets there its a penalty...how can it be a do over??? Makes no sense and they let time run off the clock....what?? That officiating crew was horrible and clueless. I can't remember seeing a play like that before just ridiculous.

wait i minute now coach williamson runs the same defense and has the same desire as coach walls. coach williamson is a great ball coach and knows what he is doing. he was a big reason as to why we went undefeated and shut out the first three opponents. he puts you in the right place at the right time. but it also comes down to how the kids react to everything