11AA picks

MIDTN

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly lost to Dickson County tonight by 18. A close game pretty much all the way until the end when Waverly was forced to fouland Dickson hit 11-11 at the free throw line in fourth quarter alone. The score was tied at the half. Waverly had two starters limited too. Frankie Thompson was sick, played sparingly but several times came out and threw up in the trash can and went back in. Allison Lewis had a bad ankle which limited her and she played very little. Waverly will take Dickson in Waverly.

Waverly lost to Dickson County tonight by 18. A close game pretty much all the way until the end when Waverly was forced to fouland Dickson hit 11-11 at the free throw line in fourth quarter alone. The score was tied at the half. Waverly had two starters limited too. Frankie Thompson was sick, played sparingly but several times came out and threw up in the trash can and went back in. Allison Lewis had a bad ankle which limited her and she played very little. Waverly will take Dickson in Waverly.

Waverly was outscored 36-18 in the second half according to the boxscore. I don't think that puts a lot of confidence in your prediction of a Wavo victory in the return match at Waverly. Don't most all teams have to carry on inspite of gimpy ankles, sickness, and other injuries?

Are coaches not calling in the box scores or is the Tennessean not printing them?

There is nothing in the paper this morning about the Cheatham / Sycamore or the Harpeth / Creekwood games.

Does anybody have stats for these games.

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...7&story_id=

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...4&story_id=

Here you go...

Are coaches not calling in the box scores or is the Tennessean not printing them?

There is nothing in the paper this morning about the Cheatham / Sycamore or the Harpeth / Creekwood games.

Does anybody have stats for these games.

GIRLS BKB - CHEATHAM CO. AT SYCAMORE, NOV. 30TH

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

Sycamore High School 12 14 2 16 0 44

Cheatham Co. High School 8 16 9 13 0 46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Megan Hunter scored 23 points to lead Cheatham County (5-1) to their first district win of the season. Sycamore (4-3), led by Kristen Knight with 15 points, had possession with 3.3 seconds left in the game and went for a long pass down the court. Dee Bates stole the ball for the Cubs with 2.4 seconds, and Megan Hunter hit a shot at the buzzer to win the game.

Cheatham Co. High School Stats

Player FTM FTA 3PM 3PA TP

Megan Hunter 0 0 0 0 23

Jenny Krantz 0 0 0 0 3

Shelby Marvel 0 0 0 0 4

Hanna Tweedy 0 0 1 0 3

Lizzie Walker 0 0 1 0 7

Sycamore High School Stats

Katie Bliss 0 0 1 0 9

Rebecca Brown 0 0 0 0 6

Shawna Ellis 0 0 3 0 14

Kristen Knight 0 0 4 0 15

GIRLS BKB - HARPETH AT CREEK WOOD, NOV. 30TH

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

Creek Wood High School 8 13 6 6 0 33

Harpeth High School 16 5 13 7 0 41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haley Felker scored 12 points and Emily Erland added 11 in Harpeth's (3-5) win over Creek Wood.

Harpeth High School Stats

Emma Bowling 0 0 0 0 2

Kayla Durham 0 0 0 0 2

Emily Erland 0 0 0 0 11

Haley Felker 0 0 1 0 12

Maryann Fenner 0 0 1 0 5

Autumn McNeese 0 0 0 0 1

Karley Miller 0 0 1 0 8

Creek Wood High School Stats

Sam Breeden 0 0 1 0 5

Sara Collins 0 0 0 0 11

Jasmine Darden 0 0 0 0 2

Ashley Ethredge 0 0 0 0 1

Ashley Franklin 0 0 0 0 8

Katie Pacifici 0 0 0 0 6

Waverly was outscored 36-18 in the second half according to the boxscore. I don't think that puts a lot of confidence in your prediction of a Wavo victory in the return match at Waverly. Don't most all teams have to carry on inspite of gimpy ankles, sickness, and other injuries?

Yes, and it was a 6 point game with about 4 and a half minutes to go with two starters ailing. You have to deal with injuries but the game complexion changes totally with these young ladies back in. Lewis and excellent 3 point shooter and Thompson who is the point guard runs the show. She also hit 7-7 threes against Camden earlier in the week. Ask Camden how important she is to the Tigerettes. If the injuries were year ending it wouldn't be a factor, but they're not and it will be a factor in the rematch. Wait and see.

Also, the DC team hit 11-11 FT late to make the game worse. Anyone who knows anything about basketball realizes a lot of times the boxscores won't tell the whole story. You have to foul at the end to get the ball back and if the other team converts it compounds the score.

Congrats to the Rebelettes on there great start. These girls have put in a tremendous amount of work, and their coaches have them going in the right direction. They are a young team, and despite that early deficit, they kept their focus and overcame. Keep up the good work.

I could not agree more. The coaches have them pumped and truly believing in themselves. That makes a big difference in wins and loses. Good job to the coaches and players. Keep it up.

Any predictions??

SC @ CW

MC @ Waverly

Fairview @ Sycamore

Harpeth @ Cheatham Co.

I'll take MC, Syc, and CC. Like I will all year not pick the SC game

Cheatham beat Harpeth by 4 points tonight. Megan Hunter had 23, and Emily Erland had 15 while Hailey Felker had 14. I believe when Holli comes back with full strength it will be a different outcome. I think that by the end of the season Harpeth will finish 2nd or 3rd in the district.

Any predictions??

SC @ CW

MC @ Waverly

Fairview @ Sycamore

Harpeth @ Cheatham Co.

I'll take MC, Syc, and CC. Like I will all year not pick the SC game

waverly beat Monkey Central and the girls are lookin great early this season...really looks good to start out undefeated in conference play, stewart county tomorrow night cant wait!! get em tigerettes!!