Jet Football

JetFan21

nope they dont get to play, and unfortunately most of the elementary schools run their own offenses and defenses contrary to the high school they feed into. Also was informed recently that Coach Shultz will be back next year. Give him a chance ladies and gents, he has done some very good things for this team especially in the weight room, notice the low level of injuries we've had recently compared to the past and the team is alot stronger than they've ever been. They have only 4 varsity assistants and Mac is leaving so they really need to hire or get another quality volunteer coach such as coach Harlan Walker from P.Hill. He is very knowledgeable about the game of football and gets the little things across to his players better than anyone I know.

NO wonder things are so hard up there. kids should start playing in a co. league at 7 to 12 and then start JR. high and play out of co. and in co. as well. If I know that, and you no that how come no one else in C CO. knows that?

GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE some one start a peewee team, parents need to raise cain over this MESS!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have a pee wee team, most parents around here have the idea that football is dangerous on kids so many dont play. as for bchs warrior I disagree somewhat about our offensive coach not knowing what he's doing, he knows exactly what he's doing, we've ran the same basic offense all season, we just changed our base formation from the I to the spread.All the Iso and draws and such are all blocked the same. We changed our offensie coaches before white county and it has seemed to help. Give us some time, we're starting all over and need to be given the chance to work build we're not ravenwood but if you'll remember they werent very good when they started either

NO wonder things are so hard up there. kids should start playing in a co. league at 7 to 12 and then start JR. high and play out of co. and in co. as well. If I know that, and you no that how come no one else in C CO. knows that?

GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE some one start a peewee team, parents need to raise cain over this MESS!!!

Schools have 6th - 8th grade teams. The county does have a league though, not affiliated with the schools ( formerly Jr Jets) now called Cumb Co Mountaineers, they have the Pee Wees and on up to maybe 12-13 yr olds. They play teams to the east and south ( Spring City, Pikeville, others)

Cumberland co. has everything in place to become competitive. The biggest things right now that are limiting them from being competitive is 1. The Split of High schools ( could take up to 4-5 yrs before people get used to having two programs and that time will allow for them to get placed in appropriate classifications)

and 2. School System:Yes the school system has problems competing with salaries of other 5A schools, lack of assistants, etc. And I really don't think most folks around here really know what Money can do for Education and Athletic programs. I realize Money is not a Quick fix, but when you can get funded to the likes of a Cookeville, or some of the Knoxville schools SMHS competes with, it makes a big difference over time.

I have watched football in this area for a long time. I remember the days of C.W. in Crossville and even can tell you the first starting QB CCHS ever had. He began his high school career at Homestead then when schools combined play QB at CCHS. That doesn't matter any, just mentioned it so you all would know I have watched your program for many years. Tell the elementary schools to play real teams all across the area. Get rid of both coaching staffs completely because losing begets losing. Get some folks in up there that want to win and want to work. Get the boys in the weight room and in shape and get the parents in the stands. I was at the Stone/Bledsoe game and we had more fans than Stone. That is sad for the boys that play for them. Bledsoe has many problems and we are trying to fix them and I can tell you one thing that will not do it, excuses! Don't say we need time or to be in a different region or we need more money...you all need to force the administration to get behind the kids and make people do their jobs. And remember a coach's job is to win.

I have watched football in this area for a long time. I remember the days of C.W. in Crossville and even can tell you the first starting QB CCHS ever had. He began his high school career at Homestead then when schools combined play QB at CCHS. That doesn't matter any, just mentioned it so you all would know I have watched your program for many years. Tell the elementary schools to play real teams all across the area. Get rid of both coaching staffs completely because losing begets losing. Get some folks in up there that want to win and want to work. Get the boys in the weight room and in shape and get the parents in the stands. I was at the Stone/Bledsoe game and we had more fans than Stone. That is sad for the boys that play for them. Bledsoe has many problems and we are trying to fix them and I can tell you one thing that will not do it, excuses! Don't say we need time or to be in a different region or we need more money...you all need to force the administration to get behind the kids and make people do their jobs. And remember a coach's job is to win.

warrior4ever, I never thought I would agree with you, but dang, you make some good points. I will mail your cd of the game to the School, Atten football coach.

Good luck!

I just saw this thread and had to reply. It wouldn't matter what level you guys were playing at. you lost to york and stone lost to bledsoe in the same night. your game with york wasn't even close and you want to make excuses. it seems to me that there are no tough guys in cumberland county including your coach. someone said you had a good offensive coach; are you kidding you guys hardly ever score and even one of your own said he changes offenses alot. that says he doesn't know what he is talking about. if you want to win it is simple just as it is in bledsoe county. hire good people and let them surround themselves with good people. keep the parents out of the way with they exception of being fans and supporters and make the kids work. don't give me the crazy excuse that they won't work because the right coach who has proven he can build can win anywhere. it is done in college and i know it can be done in high school as well. i have to admit that when i played crossville was always tough and physical and it was alot of fun to play

[/quote

I agree, this man make speaks the truth, but I do think are kids are tough or they would not still be there.

I also agree with warrior4ever. I am glad to see nonbiased oppinions.

As far as saying Rocky Gora is the best coach, you have to be kidding!! He should be the first to go and we need no more volunteers. Cumberland County needs to open the check book and bring some people in here that know what they are doing.

I just saw this thread and had to reply. It wouldn't matter what level you guys were playing at. you lost to york and stone lost to bledsoe in the same night. your game with york wasn't even close and you want to make excuses. it seems to me that there are no tough guys in cumberland county including your coach. someone said you had a good offensive coach; are you kidding you guys hardly ever score and even one of your own said he changes offenses alot. that says he doesn't know what he is talking about. if you want to win it is simple just as it is in bledsoe county. hire good people and let them surround themselves with good people. keep the parents out of the way with they exception of being fans and supporters and make the kids work. don't give me the crazy excuse that they won't work because the right coach who has proven he can build can win anywhere. it is done in college and i know it can be done in high school as well. i have to admit that when i played crossville was always tough and physical and it was alot of fun to play

Good advice, bchswar. I guess that's why you guys have had three impressive wins, huh? From the sound of things, you guys are going to Mufreesboro this year. What rows do you plan to sit in?

I've remained silent on this subject for a while, but as a former jet who had kids coming up through the system and keeping up with it i decided i wasn't going to allow my kids to be drug down by this community and its attitude on sports so I moved away but continue to keep up with them. I had rather not say where I'm at now but its amazing the difference in the attitude of the people involved. Let me say it's not the coaches. You guys have had some pretty good coaches there that have went on to some win alot or came from winning. That place is a coaching graveyard. Dennis webb was a national championship coordinator at carson newman and managed one winning record, Mark Pemberton won about 75% of his games at rockwood before cchs and went 2-8 there. He now coaches one of the powerhouses in 3a who had done nothing until he got there (catholic) The guy from georgia (pack?) had a tremendous resume before coming to cchs and went 2-8 while a jet. Wattenburger won as many games in 9 years as they had in the previous 16 or 17 and tied cookeville for a region championship,. take two really bad years off his record and he would have a winning record while at cchs. but the people would not listen to those guys and all of them got tired of beating their head against the wall. Shultz has an impressive resume as a coordinator from georgia, but they'll end up running him off too.

Amen observer

jetfan21 I agree with you on we should put out the money to hire some coaches, but they should be for assistants to help the coaches we already have, and as for Gora we'll have to agree to disagree on that one as I have utmost respect for the guy and he does alot of good things for the younger players and has really helped me personally as well as terryl and alot of younger people through our playing careers, can you please tell me what you have against him and the coaching staff as a whole what have they done any different than pemberton or watt or pack or webb? And BTW I never said he was the best assistant that we have but he is one of our better ones currently I wouldnt dare to say I know more football than our most of our assistants

Heady-Hillsboro High School (need I say more)

MacNeely-Kenwood (designed and ran their current offense for one of the top teams in 4a)

Gora- 4 year starter high school, CUmberland University, 6 years assistant pleasant hill

Alva-?

Barry-?