whats up with this

King21

We did that in 2005 and knocked them out of playoffs! That could be why some of this is happening. Last year they were up 35-0 on us with less than 1 minute left before halftime, had the ball in our territory, and called a time out in order to be able to score again(which they did) before halftime. There will come a time when we will be good again!

time could be this week

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know there are not to many schools that like to play Austin East because of just exactly this reason. Austin East is probably on of the dirties playing teams in Knox County. I do know that when we went down there to play them they were out to hurt our players and it was quite obvious. It is sad to say that as a parent of a player I would rather my child sit the bench than step on the field against that team. This is a school that has parents that get hardship transfers to other schools just so their kids don't have to go to that school. This type of action from them does not surprise me though, they have poor sportsmanship and no respect for other players. I am really sorry to hear about your player and pray that he recovers and can play again someday. When Carter hosted Livingston Academy the year they won State their players and fans were a true joy and welcome back anytime.

GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was just reading this post because I found the topic to be very interesting. I am trying to follow the little spat between the two people about questions and such and felt a decent reply be in order. My comment is this, football is a game, that is all it will ever be. Parents will attempt to relive their lives through their children through it, the media will place it above God at times and people will pay good money to go see it. It is still however just a game. When a kid or an adult is hurt seriously or even hurt slightly, respect from BOTH teams is due. The unspoken rule is that you take a knee until the player is up again and able to go to the sidelines. Keeping legs loose or warming up or even winning takes a back seat to these kinds of things. Any coach worth his salt teaches kids about life through football. It is a great vehicle to do so, so in regards to players giving high fives and cheering, not a good representation of that coach or school or the individuals involved. Hopefully those boys never have to wake up to a trainer asking simple questions about what day it is, also perhaps that coach handled it after the game and the emotions of the moment. God bless football!

in the Livingston academy austin east game, something disturbed me deeply. on a kick return, 3 AE players hit the LA returnee, cleanly. as the returnee lay on the ground, and all LA fans quite and saying prayers after the hardest hit ive ever seen, and LA players on their knees with helmets off, AE players laughed and high fived and slapped hands and all, and would not take a knee until they thought necessary, or thats my impression i had. is this team that horribly disciplined, because if so, they shouldnt even be allowed on the same field with class teams. from the things i hear, that boy suffered his 3rd concussion and is now probably never playing again. prayers needed in Livingston, but i want a justified answer to this, too.

sincerely,

King

Maybe the question that should be asked is why this kid was even playing, if he had already suffered from two concussions?

It's hard for us to know what happened, since we weren't there, and the only side of the story that we are hearing is from the LA fans. I would say that it's unfortunate that this young man was injured, and we all hope that he is doing ok. But, isn't three concussions a little excessive? I would think that that number of head injuries would warrent a better helmet, some hitting lessons, or something. Here's the question I want to know. Was there an unsportsman like penalty after the play for the excessive celebration? If there was, then that is all the evidence that is needed for your arguement. If not, I would think that this is a fan that is upset and wanting to place blame, even if it doesn't belong. And calling a whole team dirty and questioning the character of a whole team based on this seems rather extreme to me. We have played AE in basketball, and have found them a very competive, hard playing team, but I have seen nothing "DIRTY" from them. We have also played LA, and found them to be a little whiny, but that's their right.

Well everyone has their side of the story, and this case is no different from any other.

If the players celebrated while knowing the player was hurt that's not only discipline problems, but also respect issue. Every football game I've been to and played in if a player is down then we show respect and kneel, and show discipline becuase we always did it as soon as it was realized. Not kneeing is a serious disrespect not to the fans, but to their brother. Although we play against each other anyone who plays the game is intertwined, because every team and player are trying to achieve one thing a Championship and in that aspect the players are brothers.

However maybe they honestly didn't realize the player was as seriously injured as he was, and eventually realized it to late. To say they knowingly didn't acknowledge the injury isn't fair, due to the fact none of us were on the field. So let's not to turn it into anything big and blown up, it wouldn't be fair to speak on behalf of the players.

I hope it's the second option and not the first. Good Luck to that young man who was injured, and may god be with him and his family as they go through the ordeal. Prayers from a Camden Fan.

It's hard for us to know what happened, since we weren't there, and the only side of the story that we are hearing is from the LA fans. I would say that it's unfortunate that this young man was injured, and we all hope that he is doing ok. But, isn't three concussions a little excessive? I would think that that number of head injuries would warrent a better helmet, some hitting lessons, or something. Here's the question I want to know. Was there an unsportsman like penalty after the play for the excessive celebration? If there was, then that is all the evidence that is needed for your arguement. If not, I would think that this is a fan that is upset and wanting to place blame, even if it doesn't belong. And calling a whole team dirty and questioning the character of a whole team based on this seems rather extreme to me. We have played AE in basketball, and have found them a very competive, hard playing team, but I have seen nothing "DIRTY" from them. We have also played LA, and found them to be a little whiny, but that's their right.

wore a concussion helmet, no penalty at all, and upset yes, blaming no....i want you to think about you getting hurt, have whatever career you have end, and see how it feels to have people doing the same as you lay wherever you are, your ignorant statements of not knowing whats going on is just that, ignorant, and as for whiny, thats cute