MBA-Brentwood Academy

YamRocks

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when MBA and BA square off this Friday night at Tommy Owen Stadium, it will be a renewal of the best rivalry GAME in the state...By that I mean the highest quality rivalry between two teams who play annually. This rivalry is only 10 years old, so it lacks the history of many of Tennessee's most storied rivalry games, like Baylor - MCCallie, Maryville-Alcoa, etc. It doesn't have the geographic implications of an intracounty rivalry like a Brentwood HS-Ravenwood; Riverdale-Oakland; Gallatin-Hendersonville; etc.

But consider that (after referencing RRR's site--high school football database), MBA and BA have played 4 times for the D2-aaa title. Prior to the formation of D2, for the 2 years that both played in 5A, the two met in a couple of epic play-off games. A decisive win for BA in the 5A semis in '95; and an overtime thriller in '96 in the 5A quarterfinals.

The two teams have a total of 23 state titles between them. They have claimed 5 of the possible 10 D2-AAA titles. So when D2 put these two together, the best annual game in TN was created...

Great post with supporting facts! This will be an awesome game no matter who wins..the crowd will get their money's worth.....although I would like to see my eagles come out on top.......Definitely the best game in the state

I'm curious as to who the other leaders are as well, because those two seem to be most of the production out of MBA every game.

Alfonso Knight is their defensive leader at LB along with Jas Rader and Nate Wade at both safteys.

Offensively they have Vinsang at RB, Preston at OT, Bartholomew at FB, and Andrew Harris at WR.

Spencer Wise, their QB, should be back for the game. He has a cracked bone in his leg, but it cannot get any worse from playing.

This should be a good, low scoring game. If MBA can jump ahead early, they should win because it seems to take CJ over 2 quarters to wear down the defense and begin to break big runs.

MBA-20

BA-14

Bob, why don't you take this up on one of your threads. You know: "Maryville vs. Blount County Middle School: How does this play out!!!"

Brandon and the entire football world lost touch with Maryville for twenty years (I think it is called the "Maryville Black Hole Years"). Once they created 8 classes and separated the privates it created an opportunity for Maryville to prosper and it gave Brandon something to talk about.

It is refreshing to see you post without discussing little boys, you and mens' rooms. I was worried about seeing Smilin Bob from Maryville on Dateline.

Neither team throws much. However, IF MBA starting QB Wise is healthy (that means not limping) then MBA probably will be able to move the ball in the air, to some extent. I doubt Wise will even dress out. Bailey is questionable. Waddey is out for several weeks it appears. MBA has taken a smashmouth approach with its offense this season. I don't see them changing anything. Bartholomew and Vinsang between the tackles. I think MBA will line up with two TEs and try to run it up the middle, play field position and hang the outcome on its defense. I expect BA to do the same. It could be that whoever has the best field goal kicker wins. MBA's kicker (Fletcher) has a 50-yarder to his credit. How good is BA's kicker. The wildcard is who turns over the ball, where and when. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will probably win this one. MBA-20 BA-14

Neither team throws much. However, IF MBA starting QB Wise is healthy (that means not limping) then MBA probably will be able to move the ball in the air, to some extent. I doubt Wise will even dress out. Bailey is questionable. Waddey is out for several weeks it appears. MBA has taken a smashmouth approach with its offense this season. I don't see them changing anything. Bartholomew and Vinsang between the tackles. I think MBA will line up with two TEs and try to run it up the middle, play field position and hang the outcome on its defense. I expect BA to do the same. It could be that whoever has the best field goal kicker wins. MBA's kicker (Fletcher) has a 50-yarder to his credit. How good is BA's kicker. The wildcard is who turns over the ball, where and when. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will probably win this one. MBA-20 BA-14

That sounds like a pretty dead on assessment and was thinking the same thing about the field goal kickers. The BA kicker is average. Your kicker and Bartholomew are the two biggest edges for MBA in my opinion.

Alfonso Knight is their defensive leader at LB along with Jas Rader and Nate Wade at both safteys.

Offensively they have Vinsang at RB, Preston at OT, Bartholomew at FB, and Andrew Harris at WR.

Spencer Wise, their QB, should be back for the game. He has a cracked bone in his leg, but it cannot get any worse from playing.

This should be a good, low scoring game. If MBA can jump ahead early, they should win because it seems to take CJ over 2 quarters to wear down the defense and begin to break big runs.

MBA-20

BA-14

Cracked bone in his leg against that Defensive line? Yikes.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/06-427.ZO.html

In my opinion those state titles brentwood academy won are tarnished. they cheated like crazy to win those titles. There should be an asterik beside the years they won the titles.Brentwood academy is the most corrupt football program of all time in the united states. I heard they have a great recruiting class coming in? I am interested in where those defensive linemen come from? Nashville,franklin,murfreesboro,hendersonville.

Everyone talks about how great carlton flatt was. Give me the best recruited talent at all times and i could coach them to many wins. I will never forget going to the title game in 1992 when marion county won. Flatt made a fool of himself by not accepting the runner up trophy.

Having a cracked bone in one's leg against that BA DL would not be good. I have watched several kids get hurt this year (Sonny Gray - Smyrna QB included) by the DL merely by tackling/falling into the ground with the runner. These kids are monsters. The tailback for Smyrna got up very uneasy at times as well. I wish the MBA QB well in the game, and that he not be harmed. He has to be a tough kid if he plays, considering I saw how he was favoring his leg Friday nite, and the pad around his shin.

Having a cracked bone in one's leg against that BA DL would not be good. I have watched several kids get hurt this year (Sonny Gray - Smyrna QB included) by the DL merely by tackling/falling into the ground with the runner. These kids are monsters. The tailback for Smyrna get up very uneasy at times as well. I wish the MBA QB well in the game, and that he not be harmed. He has to be a tough kid if he plays, considering I saw how he was favoring his leg Friday nite, and the pad around his shin.

When they get the chance they just don't tackle you to the ground, they drive you into the ground with all their weight on top.

When they get the chance they just don't tackle you to the ground, they drive you into the ground with all their weight on top.

I tried not to say it that way, but probably should have. You are right. Their (BA's DL) tackles can be pretty brutal. I, for one, would like no part. These guys are extremely aggressive and full throttle.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/06-427.ZO.html

In my opinion those state titles brentwood academy won are tarnished. they cheated like crazy to win those titles. There should be an asterik beside the years they won the titles.Brentwood academy is the most corrupt football program of all time in the united states. I heard they have a great recruiting class coming in? I am interested in where those defensive linemen come from? Nashville,franklin,murfreesboro,hendersonville.

Everyone talks about how great carlton flatt was. Give me the best recruited talent at all times and i could coach them to many wins. I will never forget going to the title game in 1992 when marion county won. Flatt made a fool of himself by not accepting the runner up trophy.

Hey, don't leave out Antioch, we are proud of our Una Alums.