7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

Cutter could handle all that Dyer speed. Dyer didn't have a true big man thats why Puckett domminated. siegel has way too much size for Dyer I bet siegel would dunk on them alot. siegel reminds me of a west Tn. team alot. Just my opinion siegel is better. Wouldn't that be a great game to watch? Size vs. speed!!

Dyer 88 siegel 54 No chance siegel beats Dyer Dyer scoring almost 90 a game right now they would thrash siegel my o on it

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could argue about Dyer siegel its just something to talk about. I do believe it would be an interesting match. Spartaman siegel is very capable of beating WC. They did let Tyler Greene get behind the defense and score a few layups. One dimensional? Cutter can nail three pointers. At least two giants inside that can score. I felt fortunate to see WC beat siegel our guys were on top of their game had they not been we would have lost.

I dont mean we dont have to be on top of our game I just dont think we have to play over our heads to beat Siegel, I think we are definately the better team. Dyer Co on the other hand, I felt like we, maybe not got lucky, but did play over our heads at times when we beat them. Ill put it this way, I think we should beat Siegel, but its 50/50 on Dyer co. If their big men were a real threat Delaney wouldnt be pulling boards over them all night. No player as big as those guys should let a guard rebound over them! Cutter is the guy we really have to focus on. If he has a bad game Siegel looses, thats why I think they are too one dimensional, Sparta on the other hand can have any one of theyre starting five have a bad game and as long as the rest of the team plays good ball we can still put together a win against a good team.

I dont mean we dont have to be on top of our game I just dont think we have to play over our heads to beat Siegel, I think we are definately the better team. Dyer Co on the other hand, I felt like we, maybe not got lucky, but did play over our heads at times when we beat them. Ill put it this way, I think we should beat Siegel, but its 50/50 on Dyer co. If their big men were a real threat Delaney wouldnt be pulling boards over them all night. No player as big as those guys should let a guard rebound over them! Cutter is the guy we really have to focus on. If he has a bad game Siegel looses, thats why I think they are too one dimensional, Sparta on the other hand can have any one of theyre starting five have a bad game and as long as the rest of the team plays good ball we can still put together a win against a good team.

All that makes pretty good sense. One thing to think about is that Hughes got in foul trouble pretty early on. He spent quite a lot of time on the bench. It seemed at times the zebras got a little picky. If he's in there and not in foul trouble Delaney's not going there too much. Right on about Cutter. If we play them and the 3s aren't falling and the zebras are letting them bang it out down low we're beat.

All that makes pretty good sense. One thing to think about is that Hughes got in foul trouble pretty early on. He spent quite a lot of time on the bench. It seemed at times the zebras got a little picky. If he's in there and not in foul trouble Delaney's not going there too much. Right on about Cutter. If we play them and the 3s aren't falling and the zebras are letting them bang it out down low we're beat.

Im glad we came to a friendly agreement on that.

Cutter has only been the leading scorer in about half of Siegel's wins so it depends on what you are calling a good game for him. Run the team effeciently? Score the most? Thats up for debate.

And to the people saying that all the old Siegel players ran from Oakland. That was planned in 8th grade just as the rest of us knew we were going to meet up there our sophomore year.

And people act like Siegel just absolutely blew it in the state tournament. They got beat by a team with a minimum of 5 D-1 players that I know of. We were top 2 in state that year but that matchup came in the semi's, so it just happened to be the same year that one of the great teams came out of Memphis.

hahaha. Siegel fans continue to crack me up....Is it just me or does it seem like you cant tell MOST of them anything....and i emphasize most because I do respect some of the Siegel posters.

First of all, Almost any coach in the state could have taken Oden, and Ramsey and that team and had that much success. In fact, some could argue that they had the most talent in the state. I'm not necissarily saying that Coach Harris is a bad coach, I actually think he is a good one, But if anyone believes you can start comparing him to Coach King, they are nuts. (but i know all you stars out there wont' believe anything i'm saying)

Secondly, Dyer Co is as good, if not better than, anyone in district 7AAA. Its not easy for me to say that about a AA team because I love this district, but having seen them play, I can honestly say its true. I don't think anyone can run with them and I would agree that White Co. may have played a little above thier heads that game. Dyer Co. is a great team.

Lets be honest, In this disctrict, anyone can beat anyone. I think this year that is more true than ever. Its really all about matchups and who is hurt/sick at the time, etc... But its sure shaping up to be one great finish to the season. Best of luck to all the teams...yes, even siegel.