7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he had a knee injury one month ago when WC beat Siegel?

No, Hoolie didn't fully read your post b/f he jumped the gun. Hammonds was injured last season as soon as they moved him up to varisty. His Mom was adamant that he remain on freshman , but Harris insisted he be moved to varisty. I thought he got hurt in his first game as varisty , not the 4th one though.

Well, at least this thread is heating up now !!! It's gonna be an interesting district race. I really have no clue now , who is going to take this district or for that matter the tournament. By the way , where is the 7aaa tourney at this year ??

Pioneer I really don't have any idea who's going to win it either but if I were betting I'd say their initials begin with WC. And I don't think that w stands for Warren.

No comparison b/t last yr's OHS team and the state Siegel team athletically. Siegel had them beaten in raw ability. King developed his talent with strong fundamentals and discipline. They played as a TEAM to get where they were, while Siegel made it b/c of their natural ability. When Siegel faced teams as athletic as they were at state, it all came down to coaching as the equalizer. We all saw where that went. Whereas King's team made it farther than anyone dreamed that they could..... strictly on their belief in each other and their coach.Are you serious? What started that?

Tate's mother yelled out pass the ball number ten you ball hog. AND IT WAS ON!!!!!

To talk about coaches, I do not know much about Coach Harris and his assistant, but I do know he has only been a head coach for a few years (I think since Siegel opened), and has already been to the state TWICE....i wish there was someone or a record book with accarute information, I would love to see how "The Great KIng" (hahaha) did in his first 5 years. I can almost guarentee he didn't make it to the state in back to back yrs. And what about all this talent Oakland was suppossed to have over all these yrs....where is their gold ball???? These 20 wins seasons you guys have been having.....lets see Tullahoma, Coffee Co, York, Kenwood........boy there are some top teams there.

Oakland is a good program and has been, but you can not judge a program that has been to the state twice and not show your respect...I mean that is if you know basketball!!!!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Siegel made just as far as Oakland did in Siegel's first year to the state!!!!! Please get your facts right. And if King was such a good coach then how come he doesnt have a ring ...beside his class ring. At least Harris played at the highest level of college basketball....where did King play?????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

To talk about coaches, I do not know much about Coach Harris and his assistant, but I do know he has only been a head coach for a few years (I think since Siegel opened), and has already been to the state TWICE....i wish there was someone or a record book with accarute information, I would love to see how "The Great KIng" (hahaha) did in his first 5 years. I can almost guarentee he didn't make it to the state in back to back yrs. And what about all this talent Oakland was suppossed to have over all these yrs....where is their gold ball???? These 20 wins seasons you guys have been having.....lets see Tullahoma, Coffee Co, York, Kenwood........boy there are some top teams there.

Oakland is a good program and has been, but you can not judge a program that has been to the state twice and not show your respect...I mean that is if you know basketball!!!!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Maybe so, but Randy took over Oakland when it was rebuilding, Harris was practically given a great situation, whereas King had to make his own success. In his 4 year Oakland went to state, so "The Great King" fared pretty well even early on. He didnt make to state in back to back years, but had an unbelieveable run of success from 91-96, going to state 4 times.

Yeah we've had some gimmes games over the years, Oakland has also had some major rivalries with teams such as Columbia and Science Hill when they were both state powers, its not like we relied on an easy schedule for our success, just a schedule that would allow for Oakland to fulfill their goals at the end of the season. Its not a issue of respect, its a issue of Siegel thinking their basketball royalty when their still relatively new.

Siegel made just as far as Oakland did in Siegel's first year to the state!!!!! Please get your facts right. And if King was such a good coach then how come he doesnt have a ring ...beside his class ring. At least Harris played at the highest level of college basketball....where did King play?????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You can be a great coach and not win the state championship, there have been many great coaches that have never been able to. So Harris played D-1 Basketball, what does this have to do anything? Your just trying to find anything you can nail Coach King on.

Maybe so, but Randy took over Oakland when it was rebuilding, Harris was practically given a great situation, whereas King had to make his own success. In his 4 year Oakland went to state, so "The Great King" fared pretty well even early on. He didnt make to state in back to back years, but had an unbelieveable run of success from 91-96, going to state 4 times.Yeah we've had some gimmes games over the years, Oakland has also had some major rivalries with teams such as Columbia and Science Hill when they were both state powers, its not like we relied on an easy schedule for our success, just a schedule that would allow for Oakland to fulfill their goals at the end of the season. Its not a issue of respect, its a issue of Siegel thinking their basketball royalty when their still relatively new.

I have respect for Oakland I mean the numbers do not lie.....but people here act like Siegel has done nothing and they bash the coaches....give Harris and crew some time and lets see then. I think you also get tested early by playing a tough non-district schedule, so it will get you ready for district. But I do respect Oakland and if you look at my posted I had not bashed Oakland until the "Nation" had been bashed!!!!

You can be a great coach and not win the state championship, there have been many great coaches that have never been able to. So Harris played D-1 Basketball, what does this have to do anything? Your just trying to find anything you can nail Coach King on.

No thats not it...i am trying to prove a point that Harris is not a dummy...I am sure with him playing college hoops he has to know something...don't ya think?

I have respect for Oakland I mean the numbers do not lie.....but people here act like Siegel has done nothing and they bash the coaches....give Harris and crew some time and lets see then. I think you also get tested early by playing a tough non-district schedule, so it will get you ready for district. But I do respect Oakland and if you look at my posted I had not bashed Oakland until the "Nation" had been bashed!!!!No thats not it...i am trying to prove a point that Harris is not a dummy...I am sure with him playing college hoops he has to know something...don't ya think?

Kinda funny since I was leaving it be until Oakland was bashed /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> . Each coach has their own method of to put together a successful schedule. With this team, I guess Coach thought it would be wise to tone down the schedule a little bit and it seems to have worked for the most part.

Just because you have play D-1, does not mean that your going to be to be a knowledgeable basketball coach. I think Harris does a good job of running what his kids want to run and tries to meet most of their needs while maintaining some level of discipline on the team. Harris isnt a dummy, but I think by forcing his will a little bit more and preaching defense more than this run n gun offense, he would be even more successful than he has been. Dont know if Harris has that much time with from what ive heard, I dont think he is being forced out, but coaching takes up so much time.

I have respect for Oakland I mean the numbers do not lie.....but people here act like Siegel has done nothing and they bash the coaches....give Harris and crew some time and lets see then. I think you also get tested early by playing a tough non-district schedule, so it will get you ready for district. But I do respect Oakland and if you look at my posted I had not bashed Oakland until the "Nation" had been bashed!!!!No thats not it...i am trying to prove a point that Harris is not a dummy...I am sure with him playing college hoops he has to know something...don't ya think?

Siegel has the best team I've seen all year. I didn't see Oakland. I thought Dyer Co. was the best I'd seen all year until I saw siegel. siegel might be just a year away from a gold ball.

Siegel has the best team I've seen all year. I didn't see Oakland. I thought Dyer Co. was the best I'd seen all year until I saw siegel. siegel might be just a year away from a gold ball.

In my opinion Dyer was better than Siegel. They just had sooooo much team speed. Siegel is loaded with sophomores, but losing Cutter will hurt them more than most think. {gosh i can't believe i just said that lol} /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Pioneer I really don't have any idea who's going to win it either but if I were betting I'd say their initials begin with WC. And I don't think that w stands for Warren.

I think we'll get a better idea of where WC stands when we have Lebanon and Oakland{the only 2 teams in the state of TN that have beaten WC} at home next week. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />