7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That answered not one of my questions??/ It doesnt make sense to me if King is such a great coach...where is his state ring...last year was supposed to be his year......so I guess he got out coached in that game??? As you Oakland people say! Just like Harris huh? GO STARS....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oakland had lesser talent last year than Siegel had in it's first three years. Thats common sense. King got them to where they were based on he had players who bought into his system and played for one another instead for themselves. Siegel had no team unity, still doesn't, and had no sense of direction. Anyone who knows anything about basketball, who isn't biased, will agree. Siegel had one of the most talented teams to come through this area in a long while, but wouldn't listen to a coach who couldn't get them to listen. Thats the bottom line. Talent only takes you so far in sports, teamwork, preparation, and coaching has to take you the rest. Back to back state appearances is impressive, but is a failure when you sit back and take the time to really look at the chance they had given to them.

I take it you never saw Ridgway or Hamilton?

Niles, Fields, Mincy, Rice, Mason ring a bell with you? All playing D-1 ball and were on that Ridgeway team.

Hamilton went undefeated yet Siegel should have won state? You're reaching.

Saw them both play. Ridgeway might have had more talent than Siegel, but not much. That state final four game was a great game to watch, I went into it thinking Siegel should win and still think so to this day. Let me ask you a question, in your mind, what lost the state final four to Ridgeway for you all .. And don't say talent because the talent level was close. Could it have been Jordan Mincy handing out change to Siegels defense as they were left helpless as he racked up 10+ assists? Siegel was down big and made a nice run TOGETHER, and then once it was close the stars tried to show out and they lost as individuals. Could that have been it? Surely not, lets blame it on talent. As for Hamilton, they had nothing to do with the end of your season .. You did not make it to them, Whites Creek ended that run. And what happened to open the game? Two dumb fouls by Jones, a technical, and no effort on the defensive end as they had double digits before Siegel even managed to score. Say what you want, use every excuse in the book, but when it comes down to it, I know the truth and i know you know it as well.

Saw them both play. Ridgeway might have had more talent than Siegel, but not much. That state final four game was a great game to watch, I went into it thinking Siegel should win and still think so to this day. Let me ask you a question, in your mind, what lost the state final four to Ridgeway for you all .. And don't say talent because the talent level was close. Could it have been Jordan Mincy handing out change to Siegels defense as they were left helpless as he racked up 10+ assists? Siegel was down big and made a nice run TOGETHER, and then once it was close the stars tried to show out and they lost as individuals. Could that have been it? Surely not, lets blame it on talent. As for Hamilton, they had nothing to do with the end of your season .. You did not make it to them, Whites Creek ended that run. And what happened to open the game? Two dumb fouls by Jones, a technical, and no effort on the defensive end as they had double digits before Siegel even managed to score. Say what you want, use every excuse in the book, but when it comes down to it, I know the truth and i know you know it as well.

Smart man.

The best thing you have said al night....SAW...did not actually play...... Siegel had no bench...period!

I'm not under the impression that Harris is a great coach or they were extremely disciplined, because they were neither.

but What lost the Ridgeway game? They were a better team. Its not some complicated formula. When they needed a big shot, Rice hit a 3 near the end of the 3rd quarter when it was tied. Niles got the important rebounds. Mincy controlled the tempo throughout. Their role players were better than ours and they had a bench, something Siegel never had during that time. Niles was better than any post we had. Mincy was better than our PG's, and Rice shot better from the outside than we did. We made a run and they persisted and hit their free throws at the end. It was close and if Siegel played perfect they could have won. But they played just good as did Ridgeway and they won rightfully so. You can play ifs and maybes but I don't. They lost and those are the reasons. In sports, every different action would cause alot of different things to happen so you can never pinpoint one thing because you don't know what the reaction is to that difference.

As I mentioned earlier, I felt lucky to get out of Whites creek with a win earlier in the year. The only reason we did is Jimmy had 7 steals to completely turn the momentum. If you recall, they beat us the year before at Siegel and everyone was shocked. Everyone knew it was going to be a close game. We shot awful throughout that game. Cutter, Jimmy, Darius, and Keith could not buy a basket on the outside anywhere along with the awful 11-0 start. Whites Creek was ready to play and we came out nervous in front of the big home crowd. No excuses they got beat and they did not play well. In a way I think the pressure got to them. The build up, the talk from media and fans, what they expected from themselves knowing it was senior year, etc. You could never talk about anything else leading up to state with them. They started forcing things after it didn't go their way early. They just didn't handle adversity well in that game and in my opinion, it was because of the pressure associated with that year.

As you say, you can say what you want, I don't care. That's been my opinion ever since that day and always will be.

Hahaha...Harris and Siegel has been to the state twice in five yrs...he has gone just as far as King...why doesnt that ever get mentioned?? Why doesn't anybody talk about how Riverdale coaches out-coach the top four team in he state last night.....hmmmm interesting that people just love to bash Siegel and that is just fine......it's called jealousy people. Oh by the way how come King didn't win the state with PHillip Cason (6'10") center. How come people only have one player from Oakland to talk about????(Allen) Phillip was a two time felone...he stays in jail, he was in the post as "Wanted" top ten criminls?? And transfers....the kid from Blackman that played for Oakland last season??? Never mentioned.....the Hockenberry kid that transferred...never mentioned (which is no big deal, from what I hear no real loss). Somebody...if you can.................... help "us" Siegel people out? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Do I have to spell this out for you? HARRIS was practically given a great team from the word go. When you got 4 great talents like Roper, Jones, Ramsey, and Oden, you could picked somebody from the crowd and he/she could have led Siegel to state. Randy has consistently took lesser talented teams and gotten the maximum he could get out of them. I dont even need one hand to ring off all the guys that have played D-1 ball for Oakland in the past 10 years, Chaisson Allen is the sole member of that department.

Its hard to win state with a particular player when he was KICKED OFF THE TEAM! Cason was an idiot, and I dont hesitate in saying that, Oakland was far better off without him than they were with him, I dont care how tall he has, he was a fool. As for transfers, successful programs get their fair share. You want to talk about Jaffarious, Dre, and David, but what about Lavon Tate and Braxton Terry for Siegel, it goes both ways.

Those Oakland fans that only talk about Chiasson are the ones that werent around for the good ole days in the 80's or 90's, I could write a book about Oakland Basketball in the 1990's but it would probably bore mostly everybody so I am not going to waste the time. But just in the 90's Oakland had some all-time greats such as Michael Couey, Gerald King( Probably the best player to ever put on a Oakland jersey and the school's all-time leading scorer), Nod Carter (Who had a fantastic career at MTSU), John Taylor( The catalyst and leader for that cinderella 97 team), K.J. Harden( Who had a decent career at Middle as well) and on and on, and I am just naming off guys from the 90-97 seasons, not even naming off that great 3 years run Oakland had in 82-84, going to state 3 times. SO your perception that people only talk about Chaisson is based on pure, flat-out ignorance.

Just because you lose a game doesnt mean that the team was automatically outcoached. Riverdale was ready to play and they brought it, and Oakland wasnt and played catch up for seemingly the whole night. Randy cant shoot the ball, or box out or any of those things, any basketball fan worth their salt would know this. Siegel gets bashed because they present this cocky image that they are the premier program in this area, so you dont really need to be suprised when we people down on you when you lose. In a way Siegel has made life easier for Oakland, because Oakland used to be the teams 7-AAA teams loved to beat, but now Siegel has assumed that mantle.

When I bash Siegel, it sure as hades isnt out of jealousy. Its dissapointment, that they as a program could be much better than what they are right now.

Yeah since Marino hasn't won a ring he's only an above average quarterback.

Marino is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Just because he doesn't have a super bowl ring does not mean he wasn't one of the best or great. If the Bears didn't win the super bowl would that mean that Walter Payton wasn't a great back? Crazy!