District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

I know this is a 11AA topic but the region was brought up, and I thought I'd drop a little bit about 12AA. I expect these to be the top three teams this year.

Bolivar- They return all of their key players and they will play alot of players just like Liberty did. I also expect them to press alot this year because of their depth and they will try to wear teams down. This might be Rhodes break out year.

Jax Southside- They return some very good talent. If the big 6'10 player that transfered in last year developed, they could be really good. At times last year, he showed a couple of flashes of being a good player but he mainly looked lost.

McNairy- They lose Ken Bingham but they return just about everybody else. They still should be a good team with J. Bingham taking over as the leading scorer.

I don't know much about these three.

Lexington- Montague would know about them more than me. I know they lost their top two players from last year and I expect them to be young this year.

Chester Co- I think they lost their top player from last year. They were young last year so they should be a little bit better this year but don't think they will play woth the top three.

Camden- They played alot of underclassmen last year and like Chester Co, they should be improved. However, I still don't think they will be better than the top three.

Montague, you guys have a real good youth baseball league. My nephew was on the Selmer 5&6 All-Star team and Lexington thumped them twice in the sub-district, district and once in the state. We went on to finish 5th and Lexington finished 3rd in the state. You guys play have some real good baseball teams in all ages.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I had to find some way to get you over here from the football threads /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lets not talk about football this year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm a fan of this region as whole. Sure, I'm partial to district 12-AA, but come state tournament time any team from this region has my support. This has been the toughest region in the state and even though Liberty is gone, I think the top of the 11-AA district can represent this region just as well as any 12-AA team this year. Well except for Bolivar because they are going to be the cream of the crop. As long as someone from this region wins the gold ball I still have bragging rights over a lot of other teams.

Until then.......we have the last 4 over in 12-AA, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LetMeHearYa,

Lexington will be very very young. They lost too much to graduation, and I don't think we will be able to recover this year. I think we have about 2 years before we see TheSamuriDribblingWarrior on these boards again.

Selmer always gives us trouble in youth baseball. Thats why work all fall and winter to have 2 good all star teams. We make you guys beat both of them to advance. LOL

I think this year is Harpeth or Sycamore breaks into the state tournament. 11-AA should have an easier road to the state with Liberty out of the way. I still think Bolivar will be the region champs, but I look for Harpeth or Sycamore to be in the final eight also.

Can somebody tell me who will be the impact players this year off of each team in 11-AA

LetMeHearYa,

Lexington will be very very young. They lost too much to graduation, and I don't think we will be able to recover this year. I think we have about 2 years before we see TheSamuriDribblingWarrior on these boards again.

Selmer always gives us trouble in youth baseball. Thats why work all fall and winter to have 2 good all star teams. We make you guys beat both of them to advance.

I haven't seen the Samuri in a long time and I consider that a good thing. How do you think Lexington's new coach is going to do?

I wish we could get a good fall baseball league in Selmer. I believe that would help our players out alot. Our All-star team was made up of mostly 5 year olds and after getting drilled by you guys and Goodlettsville, we knew we had to get them into some type of fall ball to play with you guys. We got a team with most of them playing in an 8 and under league in Ramer. So maybe next year, we can give you guys a game.

Can somebody tell me who will be the impact players this year off of each team in 11-AA

Harpeth: Kevin Giltner (Trey & Tyler Curruthers)

Sycamore: Pierre Mitchell (Travis Dempsey & Aaron Nicholson)

Creek Wood: Ross Primm (Ethan Williams & Michael Jeppsen)

Cheatham Co.: Dontario Dansby (Mark Campbell & Tyler Stratton)

Fairview: Drew Bledsoe & Ben Johnson

Montgomery Central: DeMarcus Greene (William Lyle)

Stewart Co. graduated their two scoring threats and everyone else they return are far from big time players. Waverly Central graduated their star player and the two that were developing and expected to do big things this year are either gone because one apparently quit and the other is injured.

Harpeth: Kevin Giltner (Trey & Tyler Curruthers)

Sycamore: Pierre Mitchell (Travis Dempsey & Aaron Nicholson)

Creek Wood: Ross Primm (Ethan Williams & Michael Jeppsen)

Cheatham Co.: Dontario Dansby (Mark Campbell & Tyler Stratton)

Fairview: Drew Bledsoe & Ben Johnson

Montgomery Central: DeMarcus Greene (William Lyle)

Stewart Co. graduated their two scoring threats and everyone else they return are far from big time players. Waverly Central graduated their star player and the two that were developing and expected to do big things this year are either gone because one apparently quit and the other is injured.

And some of the players u just posted are far from being big time players also. Never heard of some of them

And some of the players u just posted are far from being big time players also. Never heard of some of them

Yea I will have to ask the same question, the only one I would not be able to tell you about is Tyler Stratton????? BC who is this kid. Is this somebody we are going to watch for this year?? He must have improved a lot over the summer. Some others you should watch for making a big impact are..

Harpeth- Cody Freeman and Patrick Clark- on the defensive side of the ball, they will give some of these gaurds fits this year..

Sycamore- Chase Kilgore- He will be making an impact as well you can almost book it..

Yea I will have to ask the same question, the only one I would not be able to tell you about is Tyler Stratton????? BC who is this kid. Is this somebody we are going to watch for this year?? He must have improved a lot over the summer. Some others you should watch for making a big impact are..

Harpeth- Cody Freeman and Patrick Clark- on the defensive side of the ball, they will give some of these gaurds fits this year..

Sycamore- Chase Kilgore- He will be making an impact as well you can almost book it..

Tyler Stratton is new he moved back here. he played on the middle school team that won mid-state.