District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im guessing he is otherwise he wouldnt know them hahaha. Well SC has a swcrimmage this thursday I believe vs Henry but they got a couple out for football and one hurt so they won't be at full strength.

how did SC do at the scrimmage? or has it happen yet? how does the coach do durin the games? no one ever told me who the new coach name and where he is from?

how did SC do at the scrimmage? or has it happen yet? how does the coach do durin the games? no one ever told me who the new coach name and where he is from?

[/quot

It was a blow out scrimmage for henry co., but they are a whole lot bigger. Not very for sure how the coach is doing during the games, but his last name is Rickman and he was an assistant coach from somewhere around Memphis.

oh my, i cant wait for this up and coming basketball season...just to let everyone know the afro man is alive and back along with about ten other members of the "Fro Den" (haha get it Fro Den = Froedden) anyway...i was able to see the first half of the sycamore domination of a scrimmage against independance...i was very impressed with the play of sycamore, they looked very well coached surprisingly compared to last season.

They have four above average starters in:

Tyler Guye- not incredibly fast for a point guard but is big and can handle the ball and shoots well

Aaron Nicholson- tall for a guard and lit up about five straight threes today in the scrimmage, very quick and rebounds extremely well for a guard

Pierre Mitchell- athlete, pure and simple, his shooting has greatly improved (maybe he can make a free throw) this is the guy you want to get the ball to

Travis Dempsey- small for a center but can post up anyone in the state, strong and he can score down low

the other starter tonight was shane staggs who is very fast but committs a lot of fouls trying to overpursue, more of a defensive threat

however the sophomore kilgore looked good tonight as did coach's son, who is a bit small but looked very mature playing the game and didnt make a ton of mistakes like you would expect out of a freshmen, also look for tyler cherry to get a lot of action, he is big and strong and has experience coming from brentwood academy

if sycamore can get that fifth player to step up, i look for either cherry or foedden-which would move tyler to the shooting guard spot-they can give harpeth a beating

but i suspect some good harpeth/sycamore games as always and a good battle between the pep clubs

it will be a fun season /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Harpeth: Kevin Giltner (Trey & Tyler Curruthers)

Sycamore: Pierre Mitchell (Travis Dempsey & Aaron Nicholson)

Creek Wood: Ross Primm (Ethan Williams & Michael Jeppsen)

Cheatham Co.: Dontario Dansby (Mark Campbell & Tyler Stratton)

Fairview: Drew Bledsoe & Ben Johnson

Montgomery Central: DeMarcus Greene (William Lyle)

Stewart Co. graduated their two scoring threats and everyone else they return are far from big time players. Waverly Central graduated their star player and the two that were developing and expected to do big things this year are either gone because one apparently quit and the other is injured.

Incoming sophomore Justin Vogel will be the best Waverly player this year.

oh my, i cant wait for this up and coming basketball season...just to let everyone know the afro man is alive and back along with about ten other members of the "Fro Den" (haha get it Fro Den = Froedden) anyway...i was able to see the first half of the sycamore domination of a scrimmage against independance...i was very impressed with the play of sycamore, they looked very well coached surprisingly compared to last season.

They have four above average starters in:

Tyler Guye- not incredibly fast for a point guard but is big and can handle the ball and shoots well

Aaron Nicholson- tall for a guard and lit up about five straight threes today in the scrimmage, very quick and rebounds extremely well for a guard

Pierre Mitchell- athlete, pure and simple, his shooting has greatly improved (maybe he can make a free throw) this is the guy you want to get the ball to

Travis Dempsey- small for a center but can post up anyone in the state, strong and he can score down low

the other starter tonight was shane staggs who is very fast but committs a lot of fouls trying to overpursue, more of a defensive threat

however the sophomore kilgore looked good tonight as did coach's son, who is a bit small but looked very mature playing the game and didnt make a ton of mistakes like you would expect out of a freshmen, also look for tyler cherry to get a lot of action, he is big and strong and has experience coming from brentwood academy

if sycamore can get that fifth player to step up, i look for either cherry or foedden-which would move tyler to the shooting guard spot-they can give harpeth a beating

but i suspect some good harpeth/sycamore games as always and a good battle between the pep clubs

it will be a fun season /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Well I expect good games, but the heart of the pep clubs will be lack luster for Harpeth in my opinion. Scott Newton, Chase Baker, and "the sixth man" were the biggest losses for Harpeth in my opinion.