District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

woo, wait a sec papa, where did i say the fans arent part of the game?? i for one know this for sure, i mean you can see that during the game and trust me im at the games in the student section every chance i get, iv even helped lead it at many games includin hickman county...the fans are definently part of the game but there should be rules they should have like not pointing out certain players and calling their numbers or names out and they should not be allowed to be sitting directly behind the opposing team's bench and hovering over them causing the team to have to pull stools half way out on the court...i mean they are part of the game so why not give them rules too?? as far as supporting waverly i know i am one of the biggest supporters look at all my posts, the only thing im not supporting right now is the football team because of personal reasonings and beliefs and i know you talked bad about the boys basketball team early in the year saying they werent goina do any good at all and guess what, you were wrong, sorry...well game tomorrow night and il be in the student section helping out the team and hopefully you will see they are good if you aint figured it out yet, they may not be they team we had my freshmen year but they are much improved, the only problem is height which leonard, vogel, jackson, fuller, and a few others have takin care of on the perimeter so we'l see ya tomorrow night Go TIGERS!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fans will holler and scream and shout, good things, bad things,idiotic things, as well as downright offensive things. However, if a player can't ignore it, he's not really focused in on the game too well. If it gets too ugly, school officials, security, and the referees can and should remove the offenders. However, players and coaches should not even hear all of the crap coming from the cheap seats. By the way, 'redneck' look up the definition of what a supporter is and then you will see that is an unconditional loyalty. You do not have to agree with everything(ex. playing time, playcalling, substitution patterns, cutting players/keeping players, etc) to still support your teams. I am sure, however, that the coach would prefer your type of 'support' to stay out of the stadium anyways. As for your basketball team, it seems to me that you have a very young squad and with youth comes mistakes, growing pains, etc. I suggest all of you quit using your energy to bicker on a chat board and start concentrating on supporting your school teams.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woo, wait a sec papa, where did i say the fans arent part of the game?? i for one know this for sure, i mean you can see that during the game and trust me im at the games in the student section every chance i get, iv even helped lead it at many games includin hickman county...the fans are definently part of the game but there should be rules they should have like not pointing out certain players and calling their numbers or names out and they should not be allowed to be sitting directly behind the opposing team's bench and hovering over them causing the team to have to pull stools half way out on the court...i mean they are part of the game so why not give them rules too?? as far as supporting waverly i know i am one of the biggest supporters look at all my posts, the only thing im not supporting right now is the football team because of personal reasonings and beliefs and i know you talked bad about the boys basketball team early in the year saying they werent goina do any good at all and guess what, you were wrong, sorry...well game tomorrow night and il be in the student section helping out the team and hopefully you will see they are good if you aint figured it out yet, they may not be they team we had my freshmen year but they are much improved, the only problem is height which leonard, vogel, jackson, fuller, and a few others have takin care of on the perimeter so we'l see ya tomorrow night Go TIGERS!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And that's exactly what I said, the only negative thing and it's not really negative is the fact that they have no height. Yes they have played well, better than Ii expected because I mainly I didn't realize how good these sophomores would play. They have really performed. But successful, I wouldn't say that yet considering their record is 3-6. Better than last year, you bet, but great, far from it. If you look at my previous posts I have compared them to Harpeth when they were sophomores and they are doing pretty good right now I would think.

NWTF, not attacking no one, but defending my honor and yes, after HC game, I really didn't see them winning many if any, but once again, these sophomores have really grown and are doing well. I'm proud of them and they do work hard on the court. They have some more wins in them and as in my previous posts, they will pull some upsets.

Fans will holler and scream and shout, good things, bad things,idiotic things, as well as downright offensive things. However, if a player can't ignore it, he's not really focused in on the game too well. If it gets too ugly, school officials, security, and the referees can and should remove the offenders. However, players and coaches should not even hear all of the crap coming from the cheap seats. By the way, 'redneck' look up the definition of what a supporter is and then you will see that is an unconditional loyalty. You do not have to agree with everything(ex. playing time, playcalling, substitution patterns, cutting players/keeping players, etc) to still support your teams. I am sure, however, that the coach would prefer your type of 'support' to stay out of the stadium anyways. As for your basketball team, it seems to me that you have a very young squad and with youth comes mistakes, growing pains, etc. I suggest all of you quit using your energy to bicker on a chat board and start concentrating on supporting your school teams.

My point exactly justabystander. The players need to focus on the game and let the officials take care of the rest and if it gets to a point where it is racial, etc. they will take care of it. We need to support this young team. They will have some success this year, but as justabystander put, there is growing pains and they will struggle at times too. And I admit, they have done better than I thought, I'm glad, aren't you? Go Tigers!

I have to say I haven't read anything negative from papatiger concerning Waverly's basketball team. Shoot, we've all accused him of being a homer at one time or another. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> In my opinion there's not a fan more supportive of Waverly's high school programs on coacht than papatiger. Rednecktiger and NWTF15 are right behind him.

Sycamore lost on Tuesday to a very good Creek Wood team. Creek Wood consists of an all senior starting five. They could not miss at all from beyond the arch. I think they missed maybe 3 all game and hit over ten. Sycamore made a ton of mistakes which lost them the game, and the refs didnt help but i hate to blame games on the ref (especially considering losing by 16). However sycamore did show good things, they hung in there and kept the crowd believing they could pull it out. Nicholson couldnt buy a three, and T Guye didnt play but the first two minutes of the first half due to foul trouble. Pierre FINALLY took over. He was easily the leading scorer and had his second OOP of the young season, had another fast break dunk, and barely misssed a tomohawk over primm. All in all Creek Wood was the better TEAM tonight, no standouts but they could all hit the three ball. If they shoot like this every night they will win state. Home court advantage really played out for them but its a young season and a rough game is finally out of the way. This could be a good thing for sycamore, the pressure of an undefeated district season is out of the way so now they can play ball. They get an easy team to recover with before the tough christmas tourny.

Coach Froedden is doing a great job and has impressed me a lot this season. He is not subbing as much as last year so i like that. Good luck to the war eagles in recovering from a tough loss

Sycamore lost on Tuesday to a very good Creek Wood team. Creek Wood consists of an all senior starting five. They could not miss at all from beyond the arch. I think they missed maybe 3 all game and hit over ten. Sycamore made a ton of mistakes which lost them the game, and the refs didnt help but i hate to blame games on the ref (especially considering losing by 16). However sycamore did show good things, they hung in there and kept the crowd believing they could pull it out. Nicholson couldnt buy a three, and T Guye didnt play but the first two minutes of the first half due to foul trouble. Pierre FINALLY took over. He was easily the leading scorer and had his second OOP of the young season, had another fast break dunk, and barely misssed a tomohawk over primm. All in all Creek Wood was the better TEAM tonight, no standouts but they could all hit the three ball. If they shoot like this every night they will win state. Home court advantage really played out for them but its a young season and a rough game is finally out of the way. This could be a good thing for sycamore, the pressure of an undefeated district season is out of the way so now they can play ball. They get an easy team to recover with before the tough christmas tourny.

Coach Froedden is doing a great job and has impressed me a lot this season. He is not subbing as much as last year so i like that. Good luck to the war eagles in recovering from a tough loss

Just a few minor corrections. We have one junior starter(Palmore). Our other senior(Jeppsen) is still recovering from ACL surgery. Pierre's dunk attempt was over Elliott who took a charge.

Pierre can freaking leap out of the gym. The lob was unreal. Primm was also in foul trouble and sat most of the game and the refs were like they are every night-bad.

I haven't seen Sycamore play this year, but as far as the subbing goes, it is a huge mistake for any high school coach not to sub. You can't recruit so you have to build your depth with experience. Also, you need to rest your main players especially in a tight game to insure that they have the stamina to finish. I'm not saying wholesale substitutions, but a player here or there giving the front line players a rest. I've seen it plenty of times where the starters where dragging their feet when if the coach had played some subs, they wouldn't have been. Yes, you have to condition your players for a full game, but a rested player is a better player. Also, depth for the future goes a long way. It insures a continuous winning program. Experience is everything.

I haven't seen Sycamore play this year, but as far as the subbing goes, it is a huge mistake for any high school coach not to sub. You can't recruit so you have to build your depth with experience. Also, you need to rest your main players especially in a tight game to insure that they have the stamina to finish. I'm not saying wholesale substitutions, but a player here or there giving the front line players a rest. I've seen it plenty of times where the starters where dragging their feet when if the coach had played some subs, they wouldn't have been. Yes, you have to condition your players for a full game, but a rested player is a better player. Also, depth for the future goes a long way. It insures a continuous winning program. Experience is everything.

I know when they played Harpeth they played about 8 deep. To me that is about the smallest bench you should have. Well atleast to make a deep play off run.