District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

How can you tell me that he didnt use profanity? I was right there and heard it. Yes some calls make bigger impacts but SC had the same type calls Sycamore did so in the end i believe it came out about even. Both teams had a big difference maker in foul trouble. And when it comes to having bigger impact, Taylor had to sit a lot of the 4th which let Sycamore gain momentum to finish the game. Pierre had to be out some in the 1st half but didnt really have a problem with playing in the 2nd. Either way, Sycamore outplayed SC at the end when it counted most. I have strong respect for Sycamore and hope they beat Harpeth. I think they have a great coach that will lead them to many winning seasons for years to come.

Maybe you thought you heard something. If he CLEARLY used profanity, why didn't the refs call anything on it? I have never seen that.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USPatriot I was also right there and Pierre clearly said dmn did not want to spell it but he clearly said it as he was frustrated but I do not know why they didnt and if they wouldve gave him a T, which I think he deserved, he wouldve had 2 fouls in the first 4 minutes. Pierre made tough shots all night. SC would play good D and he would just make a tough shot and Nicholson killed SC from the 3. SC has Clarksbug tonight and MC tomorrow for homecoming.

Tuesday was the best I have seen Harpeth play as a team. They came out and made a point to get Dixon involved. He had there first two or three baskets on post ups. Giltner and Trey were going out of their to feed him until Fairview got a charge on him and a quick over the back or he may have had more then 10 points for them.

It goes to show you that Harpeth is dangerous when they play as a team. It didn't hurt that they were playing Fairview and Fairview was playing short handed due to injuries. At full strenght this game would have been a blow out.

If they keep playing as a team like they did Tuesday, they will beat Sycamore in their second game this year.

Maybe you thought you heard something. If he CLEARLY used profanity, why didn't the refs call anything on it? I have never seen that.

I dont know why they didnt call it but a lot of people heard it. Deerhunter heard the same thing so it wasnt just me. But like we have said before, the refs were horrible so they probably just didnt want to call it or could careless what he said.

Here's the standings after games of Jan. 15th:

Edited for games remaining:

Sycamore 15-4 (7-1) CCC, CW, @MC, Wavo, @FV, Har

Harpeth 14-6 (6-1) Wavo, @CW, MC, @SC, CCC, @MC, @ Syc

Creekwood 12-6 (6-2) Har, @Syc, MC, @FV, CCC, Wavo

Fairview 6-10 (5-5) @Wavo, CW, Syc, CCC

Waverly 7-11 (4-4) @Har, SC, @CCC, FV, @Syc, @CW

Cheatham 3-15 (2-5) @Syc, Wavo, SC, @Har, @CW, @FV, @SC

Stewart Co. 6-10 (2-6) MC, @Wavo, Har, @CCC, @MC, CCC

Mont. Central 2-15 (0-8) @SC, @Har, Syc, @CW, SC, Har

These are based on winning percentages within the district only. Head to head has not been taken into account.

Waverly played an outstanding game. Executed beautifully on offense and is very good in the transition game. Very well coached and they seem to buy into the system.

Harpeth got lucky in this one. Gonna have to step it up and communicate on defense.

Also, I really didn't understand their gameplan on offense either. Pass it around for 60 seconds or so, then gun up a 3. There were too many high percentage options that were wide open.

This Tiger team will contend in the next year or so.

Waverly almost pulled an upset that woulda done some serious shaking up of the standings. The Tigers lost tonight by 5 in harpeth raising the indians to 7-1 in district and dropping waverly to 4-5 in district play 5 more games left for the tigers and 6 for the indians... Go Tigers!!

This game sounded like the girls game, except vice versa... Harpeth was in control most of the game, then Waverly got a few shots there way and knocked it down to single digits. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I just wish Harpeth would just hit a nice little hot streak. But you never know they could hit it when they need it the most... Regions.

This game sounded like the girls game, except vice versa... Harpeth was in control most of the game, then Waverly got a few shots there way and knocked it down to single digits. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I just wish Harpeth would just hit a nice little hot streak. But you never know they could hit it when they need it the most... Regions.

No one in that gym ever felt that Harpeth was in control. They had a lead, but were out-hustled, out-defended the entire game.