Temple's response to TSSAA

zonepirate

Temple beat SPitt fair and square last year OP. Quit whining and enjoy you're winning season. If Silverdale beats you next week take it like a man.

Old Pirate says no whining here just plain sympathy,sounds as if dadoffour had the occasional frying pan hit to the head. Winning seasons are the norm for old pirates. "NEVER" have to worry about being the flash in the pan type. OP says Silverdale is likely to be in the same boat as TT with their breakfast program soon enough. If SP gets beat, they'll still be playing in November. "Enjoy" your past winning season, every poster knows TT has "now" earned it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OP SAYS IF YOUR NOT THE LEAD DOG,THE SCENARY NEVER CHANGES

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parents brag about their kids. These parents got a little carried away and added that Temple really wanted their kid to play for them, when it was really just the kids friends who wanted the kids to play at Temple. When these parents realize their mouths got things stirred up, they backed away from their stories.

Sorry but this is the "No Spin Zone". That is not the story they were telling

The assistant head coach told me that Larson had completed the enrollment process at Temple, including the financial requirements, and they thought that made him eligible. The coaching staff new they were headed for a special season. I don't think they would have jeapardized it by letting a kid they knew was ineligible practice for a couple weeks. Especially knowing there were plenty of eyes watching the program waiting for them to screw up.

Haven't you ever heard "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" ? BTW, with everything else I know I'm just not buying it just like I'm not buying Markham's lame "We called the TSSAA and they told us it was OK" excuse for this year. There were other things done that Temple got away with. That's why Markham knows it is best to take what punishment they got and consider themselves lucky.

"According to Temple athletic director Caleb Marcum, the school does not plan to appeal the TSSAA's ruling."

If the quarterback practiced in the spring and wasn't supposed to he should have been ineligible the whole season and all game forfeited. I can't buy the argument that they didn't know players aren't supposed to practice until actually attending the school, have they not noticed 9-12 schools no longer allow 8th graders to practice in the spring?

Unfortunately the way the rules are written there is no penality for violating the spring practice rules except fines and probation. There is nothing that says they would be ineligible even though in my opinion they should be. I would expect to see this corrected with a rules change

Old Pirate says no whining here just plain sympathy,sounds as if dadoffour had the occasional frying pan hit to the head. Winning seasons are the norm for old pirates. "NEVER" have to worry about being the flash in the pan type. OP says Silverdale is likely to be in the same boat as TT with their breakfast program soon enough. If SP gets beat, they'll still be playing in November. "Enjoy" your past winning season, every poster knows TT has "now" earned it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

what do mean Silverdale will likely get theirs, what have they done? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Zonepirate, you seem to be a very objective fan, and I know dadoffour is the parent of a Temple football player. I don't have an affiliation with Temple. However, I think Steven Hargis and Ronnie Carter are in bed together on this issue. My friends who are Temple fans say that the school freely admits mistakes were made, but the severity of the penalty is a joke. In the legal arena, intent is always the primary factor in detemining punishment. Temple had a new administration and things slipped through the cracks. Scott Chastain was a bitter pill and wanted to get even with Temple. Take a melgamaniac like Ronnie Carter and a half wit reporter like Steven Hargis and you have what we now see: a school that did the right thing and admitted its mistakes and had the book thrown at them. This penalty was like killing a fly with a nuclear warhead.

I don't know how long you've been around here oldschool, but Steven Hargis has reported for the TFP for many years now with excellent coverage of area high school sports. He was right there covering Temple when they were on top and I guess that was O.K., but now that things go sour for them, I guess he's not supposed to report that, huh? Half-witted?????....

I agree with you old pirate