Temple's response to TSSAA

zonepirate

They definitely got off light. In 1993 McCallie was put on 3 years of postseason ban in ALL sports because of 1 major violation by the wrestling coach regarding 1 player. How is this penalty fair when it involved multiple people and multiple instances.

I think they got off light. There is more to it than what is posted on the Temple web site. I would expect Temple to look at it in the best light. The TFP should have an article soon. The old Temple threads in the Private/Public section have a month worth of discussion if you want to get caught up

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says the public schools hate to loose kids to privates that compete against them. OP says if a kid goes to a private that admits recruiting it is acceptible. It is the privates (mostly church backed) that recruit, then deny recruiting and providing incentitives that gets the public supporters.

Just because Temple is in trouble, don't think it's fair to lump "most church backed" schools into a recruiting bucket. I'm not a Temple backer at all, but I don't think I saw the word "recruit" at all in any final articles aimed at them. "Recruiting" was what got Brentwood Academy in trouble with the TSSAA. I saw nothing about "recruiting" and Temple in the final analysis.

You seem to have a large following on this board, and people seem to respect what you say. Throwing around statements like that does not seem your style.

Just because Temple is in trouble, don't think it's fair to lump "most church backed" schools into a recruiting bucket. I'm not a Temple backer at all, but I don't think I saw the word "recruit" at all in any final articles aimed at them. "Recruiting" was what got Brentwood Academy in trouble with the TSSAA. I saw nothing about "recruiting" and Temple in the final analysis.

You seem to have a large following on this board, and people seem to respect what you say. Throwing around statements like that does not seem your style.

Let's clear this up,Only thing the TSSAA has on TEMPLE is letting Chastian son take 4 snap as QB, which he took a knee when Temple was ahead by 30 PT. or more. And also practice a kid that was sign in CSSAS,Temple and DBCS,which his name is Jay Mitchum which shound be ineligible to play for his dad was shopping progam to make sure he would start. Now about "Hargis" yes he is out to get "Temple" after the bigggggg! win by TEMPLE last year. I hope I'am not the only person that knows his son goes to S.P. am I "Yes his son plays". And just want you to know Temple don't have a lot of money. But they have a booster that is loaded and will spead it to protect Temple when they are right. I do know he is paying all legal fee,s. Back to Hargis look at every article printed, it is by Hargis on Temple ,every article good about S.P. is written by Hargis. I also know S.P. does " recruit" out of alabama easy to hide ."Wow".Just go to S.P> and ask around you will see. "STIRRING THE POT"

This debate will go on forever, bc lets just face it, public schools can't handle these private schools whoopin up on 'em, so they have to find something to blame it on. And I know a certain amount of recruiting(whatever that may entail) goes on at every school including the public schools, in some way. Now if the public schools dominated(like the private schools do-at least in this area) then they would be the source of attention(bc they do it to).... Thems the facts bruddas...

And your proof of Silverdale's recruiting is _________. Yep, a big ol' fat OP blank because OP has none. There has to be a bit more to it other than the physical presence of the kids in school and playing football to make it recruiting.

Bottom line is most folks who throw SD's name around in recruiting talk just simply can't stand John Allen. Most accuse him of recruiting while at LFO, but nothing has ever come of it other than bitter talk. Perhaps he should have recruited period or done a better job of it when he went to Bradley. If he did when he came to SD, he should have recruited some linemen and some more skill players.

Now that Temple's been spanked, perhaps you should be more concerned with a school like Grace. Some think it conveniently odd that they get all these 6' to 6' 3 athletes in football and the big kids in basketball in the East Brainerd area. Neither SD nor David Brainerd who are also privates in the same area seem to have such luck. SD has a similar size church as Grace behind it and DB has a feeder elementary and church behind it. Wonder why they seem to "choose" Grace though?

There's the makings of a good juicy rumor for ya. It hasn't really started yet around here; just a raised eyebrow or two. Are they recruiting? Is there any truth to it? Well, that really doesn't matter does it? Perhaps you can take it and run with it though. As I'm sure you know the easiest thing in the world is to start and spread rumors. It takes no proof, no truth, no intellignece and no character to defame someone elses. Congratulations.

Just for the record, David Brainerd does NOT have a church behind it, nor a feeder elementary. That lasted for 2 months when the school first started 5 years ago, and a total split occurred between the Church and DB.

Is that true ZP?

Not ZP but yes, Stephen's son does go to SP. But no, he doesn't play. He is a ball boy/water boy. I think he is only in 7th or 8th grade. Hargis himself went to SP. That isn't the deal with his articles though. Like someone posted earlier, last year when he was posting nothing but positive things about Temple everything was ok. Now when there is a story that involves a local high school that he writes on he is "out to get them." Of course Temple isn't the only school he has been accused of being "Out to get." That will be said by any team's fans that see bad news about their school in the paper or on the news.

But trust me, he is not "Out to get" anyone. His job is to report the stories, good or bad about everyone. And yes, if there was something bad but of importance about South Pittsburg sports, he would report that as well.

And your proof of Silverdale's recruiting is _________. Yep, a big ol' fat OP blank because OP has none. There has to be a bit more to it other than the physical presence of the kids in school and playing football to make it recruiting.

Bottom line is most folks who throw SD's name around in recruiting talk just simply can't stand John Allen. Most accuse him of recruiting while at LFO, but nothing has ever come of it other than bitter talk. Perhaps he should have recruited period or done a better job of it when he went to Bradley. If he did when he came to SD, he should have recruited some linemen and some more skill players.

Now that Temple's been spanked, perhaps you should be more concerned with a school like Grace. Some think it conveniently odd that they get all these 6' to 6' 3 athletes in football and the big kids in basketball in the East Brainerd area. Neither SD nor David Brainerd who are also privates in the same area seem to have such luck. SD has a similar size church as Grace behind it and DB has a feeder elementary and church behind it. Wonder why they seem to "choose" Grace though?

There's the makings of a good juicy rumor for ya. It hasn't really started yet around here; just a raised eyebrow or two. Are they recruiting? Is there any truth to it? Well, that really doesn't matter does it? Perhaps you can take it and run with it though. As I'm sure you know the easiest thing in the world is to start and spread rumors. It takes no proof, no truth, no intellignece and no character to defame someone elses. Congratulations.

So 51sdad are you saying you are just starting a rumor just to make a point.

Let's clear this up,Only thing the TSSAA has on TEMPLE is letting Chastian son take 4 snap as QB, which he took a knee when Temple was ahead by 30 PT. or more. And also practice a kid that was sign in CSSAS,Temple and DBCS,which his name is Jay Mitchum which shound be ineligible to play for his dad was shopping progam to make sure he would start. Now about "Hargis" yes he is out to get "Temple" after the bigggggg! win by TEMPLE last year. I hope I'am not the only person that knows his son goes to S.P. am I "Yes his son plays". And just want you to know Temple don't have a lot of money. But they have a booster that is loaded and will spead it to protect Temple when they are right. I do know he is paying all legal fee,s. Back to Hargis look at every article printed, it is by Hargis on Temple ,every article good about S.P. is written by Hargis. I also know S.P. does " recruit" out of alabama easy to hide ."Wow".Just go to S.P> and ask around you will see. "STIRRING THE POT"

Temple needs to really keep track of their loaded booster or they will be back in trouble again, The TSSAA knows who he is.

So 51sdad are you saying you are just starting a rumor just to make a point.

I have to say I have never heard rumors about Grace or David Brainerd recruiting. I guess they are either not doing it or better at hiding it than Temple and Silverdale /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sorry...I couldn't resist /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />