District 7AA

Stealer007

After watching Dekalb's first three games, ive seen that this year's team is the best three point shooting team Martin has had. None of the shooters have developed into another Cody Randolph yet, but there are at least 4 3 pt threats on the floor at any given time. I look for them to keep improving as the season goes on, i title isnt COMPLETLY out of reach yet.. /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

LV and Upperman 1 and 2.

After that....toss up ........things will clear up in a few weeks.

York and DC should have good teams. Probably 3 and 4

SC and MC are unknowns.

SC has a new coach, new style of play. SC is not very tall but can be strong inside. 3-4 kids 6'0 to 6'2" weighing around 220 each. They also have 3-4 kids that handle the ball and shoot well. They still have a ways to go but will get there. May suprise a team or two..........

I don't agree at all. Upperman didn't lose too much. They lost 5 seniors, but they have replaced them with some good basketball players, and better athletes. I don't understand the comment on the coach running them off??? I don't know of any good players he has run off. If you know of someone please inform me. No seniors this year but should contend with Livingston. I agree livingston is the team to beat, but don't count out Upperman they have a great balance on offense. Outta be a good battle between LA and Upperman this year and next year as well. Can't wait.

Everyone talks so much about what talent is where. There is talent everywhere. In my opinion high school athletics is about work and coaching. UHS has neither. I have watched kids play for McWilliams for 4-5 years and not even understand the fundamentals of basketball. That is pathetic. There has been and is good talent at UHS who could have moved on to play somewhere. I just don't think he cares. It would take to much effort. Maybe he will get a little more enthused when his 4 boys are playing / at age 19 after our tax money has payed for them to be held back 2 times each. As far as Dunn goes, he is a good player but if UHS would learn to play defense and have a plan to keep him off the free throw line it would be a good game. He is very small to be an outstanding player. I hope not but I believe Livingston will win. They have worked harder over the summer and are no doubt coached better.

Looks like livingston is on top again wit returning mvp chase dunn. dekalb would have been second but have lost def mvp deandre bass, he moved i believe or was in an altercation im not sure?

1. livingston

2. upperman

3. DeKalb

4. york

5. macon

6. smith

7. cannon

These seem like pretty good predictions, but watch out for York Institute! They haven't lost a game yet and they played Pickett County very HARD last night! I still think it's a bit too early to make these line-ups. Hang on for the ride because I think there will be some surprises and shake-ups in this district!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

the burgess boy that plays football for upperman is who is gone from basketball...the boys got talent..this is comin from someone who has played ball with him and has been close to him his whole life .. he is a heck of a worker and will do anything u ask him to do..he always gives a hundred and ten percent no matter what..i watched him in camp this summer and he helped upperman out alot with the rebounds his hands are like magnets when the ball comes off so is this a big loss os not

Everyone talks so much about what talent is where. There is talent everywhere. In my opinion high school athletics is about work and coaching. UHS has neither. I have watched kids play for McWilliams for 4-5 years and not even understand the fundamentals of basketball. That is pathetic. There has been and is good talent at UHS who could have moved on to play somewhere. I just don't think he cares. It would take to much effort. Maybe he will get a little more enthused when his 4 boys are playing / at age 19 after our tax money has payed for them to be held back 2 times each. As far as Dunn goes, he is a good player but if UHS would learn to play defense and have a plan to keep him off the free throw line it would be a good game. He is very small to be an outstanding player. I hope not but I believe Livingston will win. They have worked harder over the summer and are no doubt coached better.

Obviously someone's kid didn't get to play enough in high school.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> jk jk not tryn to start nothin, you probably didn't even have a kid play for him. But take it easy, he obviously isn't a bad coach, b/c he has won several district championships and made it to the state tourney a couple years ago. His teams are always in the hunt for the district title. I think the problem is some of those kids attitudes I dunno how the team is this year, but in the past they have been pretty bad. I've watched several Upperman players cost their team a W by their attitudes or selfishness. That maybe Coach McWilliams fault it may not, I dont know. But regardless of his attitude, and how he may handle some situations, he is a good coach. I think this is more of a personal problem than anything else. Could be wrong though

Obviously someone's kid didn't get to play enough in high school.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> jk jk not tryn to start nothin, you probably didn't even have a kid play for him. But take it easy, he obviously isn't a bad coach, b/c he has won several district championships and made it to the state tourney a couple years ago. His teams are always in the hunt for the district title. I think the problem is some of those kids attitudes I dunno how the team is this year, but in the past they have been pretty bad. I've watched several Upperman players cost their team a W by their attitudes or selfishness. That maybe Coach McWilliams fault it may not, I dont know. But regardless of his attitude, and how he may handle some situations, he is a good coach. I think this is more of a personal problem than anything else. Could be wrong though

Not an issue whatsoever about a child of mine. I hear alot of people say good things about him, that's what baffles me. I understand when people only read newspaper clippings or word of mouth (not saying that is what you have done) that is the only thing they have to base thier opinion on. I have talked to many of his good and bad players and not a single one has anything good to say about him. Not that you should always love you're coach if he's doing the right things but at least respect something about him. As far as the attitudes, that is a direct reflection of the coach. He is or should be in control. He's not the only poor coach around. Coaches can coast thru and have decent seasons there and will have a job as long as they want. I just believe it cheats the kids who could do something more with whatever sport they play.

Not an issue whatsoever about a child of mine. I hear alot of people say good things about him, that's what baffles me. I understand when people only read newspaper clippings or word of mouth (not saying that is what you have done) that is the only thing they have to base thier opinion on. I have talked to many of his good and bad players and not a single one has anything good to say about him. Not that you should always love you're coach if he's doing the right things but at least respect something about him. As far as the attitudes, that is a direct reflection of the coach. He is or should be in control. He's not the only poor coach around. Coaches can coast thru and have decent seasons there and will have a job as long as they want. I just believe it cheats the kids who could do something more with whatever sport they play.

Another note :

I may be wrong but I heard Melton was let go earlier this year @ Livingston because of some political crap and the players raised cain until they got him back. If that happened @ UHS BM would be unemployed. That just tells me Melton is doing the right things.

Another note :

I may be wrong but I heard Melton was let go earlier this year @ Livingston because of some political crap and the players raised cain until they got him back. If that happened @ UHS BM would be unemployed. That just tells me Melton is doing the right things.

Yea, your right, he was let go and not just the players but other coaches at the school raised cain as well. But like you said earlier I don't think you have to like your coach, but at least respect him or her. From what I can see melton rips those boys up at LA really good, but they play hard for him and respect him, and when they are getting the short end of the stick in calls, he seems to do his part for the players and back them up. He is an excellent coach I think, love his style of play, and how is team plays for him. I think McWilliams is a good coach, just his attitude is a little cocky and lacking some times, from what I have seen. Loses his cool easily, and some past players have been the same.

the burgess boy that plays football for upperman is who is gone from basketball...the boys got talent..this is comin from someone who has played ball with him and has been close to him his whole life .. he is a heck of a worker and will do anything u ask him to do..he always gives a hundred and ten percent no matter what..i watched him in camp this summer and he helped upperman out alot with the rebounds his hands are like magnets when the ball comes off so is this a big loss os not

lets just make one thing clear jt burgess quit. no one forced him to.

Yea, your right, he was let go and not just the players but other coaches at the school raised cain as well. But like you said earlier I don't think you have to like your coach, but at least respect him or her. From what I can see melton rips those boys up at LA really good, but they play hard for him and respect him, and when they are getting the short end of the stick in calls, he seems to do his part for the players and back them up. He is an excellent coach I think, love his style of play, and how is team plays for him. I think McWilliams is a good coach, just his attitude is a little cocky and lacking some times, from what I have seen. Loses his cool easily, and some past players have been the same.

I know it's probably hard to stay motivated after years doing the same old job. Everybody gets tired of thier job after a while no matter what you are doing. I just think coaching is different. To do it right you have to be dedicated , excited, driven, etc. about what you're doing all the time. These kids have a small period of time to do whatever thier going to do. The daily effort / teaching skills / no fun / grind stuff / time, he just isn't doing. He has a terrible attitude but I could look over that if he was helping kids get to the next level - for education / basketball or any other reason. They ought to have a player or two every year going somewhere / anywhere. Isn't that what the ultimate goal of a high school coach should be?

":2g3577ed]

lets just make one thing clear jt burgess quit. no one forced him to.

burgess had to choose a decision to play this year after GETTING KICKED OFF last year the boy couldnt find the love for the game anymore after he got kicked off..he got in trouble durin football and the coached kicked him off in late september his sophomore two months before basketball started.. i remember thats all the kid wanted to do is play ball when one sport was done he was at the other one he was playin no matter what.. the kid wasnt gonna make the team suffer by bein there after workin his butt off n camp an only seein a lil bit of playin time i was at most the camp games and then while he was n football 2 other boys came in (no offense to them) but do u think that is right i dont think it is so u tell me