District 7AA

Stealer007

blunder, perhaps. I think LA went to Dekalb and pretty much spanked them. imagine that "dumb" coach being at LA for 2 years and winning the regular season district and district tournament both years, and last year did it with 3 upper classmen & 9 freshman and sophs.

you'd better have more talent than LA cause you won't outwork them. I think they are more hungry than ever.THey also know how hard it is to win inthis district. I don't think they will overlook anyone.

is it true coach melton got fired and rehired by the school system, what do they expect out of a coach; unbelieveable

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it true coach melton got fired and rehired by the school system, what do they expect out of a coach; unbelieveable

Yes, I'm not from LA, but I know all that was true. It was absolutely rediculous when it happened I thought. Guess the ones who wanted him fired were not very partial to winning.... But glad to see he was put back in place. I like the style of ball they play up there @ LA. Good luck to them this year!

Dekalb even with the loss of Bass should still be a contender i look for them to be a good shooting team this season

I think York will be a bigger contender than you think. But did anyone see or hear about the DeKalb and York game last year? When bass was on a break away and it looked like he was going to dunk it and rip the rim off, but the shortest guy on the team, Jacob Allred, pinned the ball on the back board. The greatest thing i have ever seen! GO DRAGONS!!!

LA should easily win district. dekalb will be a threat. upperman is losing too many athletes, because their coach is running all of them off. no respect for players and none for coach. upperman will be down this year.

Dunn should win MVP. He will dominate 7AA.

I don't agree at all. Upperman didn't lose too much. They lost 5 seniors, but they have replaced them with some good basketball players, and better athletes. I don't understand the comment on the coach running them off??? I don't know of any good players he has run off. If you know of someone please inform me. No seniors this year but should contend with Livingston. I agree livingston is the team to beat, but don't count out Upperman they have a great balance on offense. Outta be a good battle between LA and Upperman this year and next year as well. Can't wait.

I don't agree at all. Upperman didn't lose too much. They lost 5 seniors, but they have replaced them with some good basketball players, and better athletes. I don't understand the comment on the coach running them off??? I don't know of any good players he has run off. If you know of someone please inform me. No seniors this year but should contend with Livingston. I agree livingston is the team to beat, but don't count out Upperman they have a great balance on offense. Outta be a good battle between LA and Upperman this year and next year as well. Can't wait.

upperman lost alot---5 seniors. there is alot of talent walking the halls at upperman that should be playing basketball but with a coach that doesn' care about the kids and has NO respect for them what do you expect. how would you feel if you worked your but off going to camp all summer long and do everything the coach asks of you and then 3 players show up during football season and they start over you. or coach tells everybody one thing and tells you something different? Or you play football? Sorry --that's a dirty word to your coach. Another thing--- he does not want any of his players playing another sport. you should eat, sleep and breathe basketball for him. Upperman is not as good as you think. We will see. They will not contend with Livingston. The wildcats will show them a thing or two!!!! Go WILDCATS!!!!

the burgess boy that plays football for upperman is who is gone from basketball...the boys got talent..this is comin from someone who has played ball with him and has been close to him his whole life .. he is a heck of a worker and will do anything u ask him to do..he always gives a hundred and ten percent no matter what..i watched him in camp this summer and he helped upperman out alot with the rebounds his hands are like magnets when the ball comes off so is this a big loss os not

This is no disrespect to Upperman or any other team in District 7AA, but it would be a major upset if Livingston lost a district game this season. The talent at LA is superior to everyone else and a tough non-district schedule will only benefit this team. Dunn is by far the best player and the bench is deeper than any other team's in 7AA.